Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1915
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    That's my understanding and all that's permitted at moment I believe... Putting in that lower chair does make sense if there is an ultimate goal, or any possibility of going to EP proper in future with a second chair... avoiding the need to ski the lower mountain.
    Yes.

What I don't really understand is how such a lift would satisfy the tourettes (sic intended, having dealt with the Crystal Conservation Coalition) objectives. If there's a lift, there's going to be grooming, avie control and the vibe just won't be the same as with no lift at all.

Yet the half solution, which will likely cost nearly as much as a lift to the top of EP, doesn't really address the obvious and well demonstrated need for more lift served terrain in the Puget Sound.

I do remember during the MDP exchanges that Crystal offered to reroute the PCT around the back of EP so hikers wouldn't have to look at the blight on the bosom of the Cascades that Crustal is held to be. But they turned that down which makes no sense if the goal of the PCT is to have a hiking experience which is minimally trampled by the effects of people.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I must've underestimated this crowds love of chair lifts. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    There's 4.5 million acres of legal Wilderness in Washington. Can the Cascades not support another 800 acres of the lift served skiing? I know that our current ski areas can't handle another wave of Amazonians...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    s'ok as long as you don't underestimate our love and respect for you.

Just popping in here to mention that the PCT does not run near any chairs at White Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Just popping in here to mention that the PCT does not run near any chairs at White Pass.
    The envirokooks still fought expansion for what, 20 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    The envirokooks still fought expansion for what, 20 years?
    More than that, I believe. The expansion into the Hogback basin was a total cluster for a long, long, time.

Crystal sucks dick because of the Kurchers. I hope they disappear from the industry!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180329-130235.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	556.7 KB 
ID:	230297

Cuts close to the Basin quad, per da mapz, though I'm not familiar.

Rain Crusted chutes are fun! Back to work for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180329-130235.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	556.7 KB 
ID:	230297

Cuts close to the Basin quad, per da mapz, though I'm not familiar.
    I'll admit I've never walked that in the summer, so I can't say exactly where the trail is, but I'm pretty sure it's just out of sight line of the chair at that near point because of the ridge. I'm curious now.

Wasn't the big court battle over the fact you'd be able to see the chairlift from the Wilderness?

Snow in the PNW 17-18: Dropping!

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    Crystal sucks dick because of the Kurchers. I hope they disappear from the industry!
    Yeah totally. It really sucks to have legit big mountain terrain <2 hours from a major city.

Yeah totally sucks that they are owner/manager of said legit mountain. Place can be so much better without them!

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    Yeah totally sucks that they are owner/manager of said legit mountain. Place can be so much better without them!
    You could actually explain why you feel like that... about the Kurchers [sic]..... yeah totally... because that'd not just suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

There's 4.5 million acres of legal Wilderness in Washington. Can the Cascades not support another 800 acres of the lift served skiing? I know that our current ski areas can't handle another wave of Amazonians...
    I for one would welcome 8,000 more lift served acres in Washington. More roads plowed and more parking for all! Fkna that is what need. Sadly that won't happen.

Limiting an already limited space for the sake of more lifts to an already well traveled area seems ludicrous to me.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Have you had any interactions with their customer service? They act like a chore and hate to honor ski exchange program and or employee benefits offered to ALL of Boyne employees back then. No parks to have fun for those that seeks it - I think it’s because they hate the idea of paying for park crew more than any other reason. Letting someone sleep her way up the ranks all the way to the top. Spending money on scenic gondola and huge mid mountain lodge instead of parking lot or lift system. Owner/manager’s absolute hate towards snowboarding culture trickling down to those who likes to suck up to them..... did I forget about them killing off the shuttle service to the bottom of the hill when they put the chair back there? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    What is "snowboarding culture"? Does that have something to do with yogurt?
    Have you been to Stevens? It’s where you throw your Rainier’s all over the slopes after you drink them instead of throwing them in one of the trash cans at the top and bottom of literally every single chair.

Other aspects include blasting shitty music out of your backpack instead of wearing headphones and have literally zero awareness of your surroundings.

Wasn't the big court battle over the fact you'd be able to see the chairlift from the Wilderness?
    You're thinking of a proposed gondola to connect Squaw and Alpine. Not a landmark case.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    What is "snowboarding culture"?

did I forget about them killing off the shuttle service to the bottom of the hill when they put the chair back there?

Northway....

I love that they killed that.

Keeps the deep North and Old/Lower Northway quiet for those prepared to arrange their own shuttle or hitch back to base area. If the bus was still there it would now be a mob scene.

The Soup Lodge?.... yeah because it'd be awesome if all the other lodges were even fucking busier.

And pretty sure there's some libel in there too.

As other have said go to Stevens....
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Did I mention that trickle down mentality??? Yeah...

This is just so stupid and so symptomatic of why democracy fails: instead of exploring common ground, we head down that long trodden rutting path of bickering for dominance employing all the most juvenile, worn out pedantic shit slinging that's been used against a common, reasonable goal for centuries, thankyaverrrymuch religion, the Medicis and tottering organizations everywhere.

I'd side with the dash man on building some more access and lifts throughout the cascades. Anyone actually want to help do that?

I'd concede that's a long road to a new ski area, willfully barbed with subpoenas from the Nature Conservancy et al in their search for self worth. But since EP is within the SUP for Crustal, it makes sense to slap a lift in there.

And while I too detest the Northway lift and the end of the shuttle (for __all__ of us that have lift tickets), the personal attacks and sarcasm are the marks of the most juvenile, sophomoric sophistry. The Crustal board drove themselves into bankruptcy and at least we have a functioning ski area.

I know I'm an idiot looking for abundance. But you know what: I can find it. I hope you fuckers do too.

How much would we have to charge backcountry users to keep mountain loop highway open in the winter? Or build the year round greenwater-Natches Pass?

How many less folks would go touring if there was ample lift access terrain?

Sign me up for getting involved with some ski area expansion around here. Your snowy mountain to ski area ratio here needs some work, because the skiing is sure as shit fun.

Snow in the PNW 17-18: Dropping!

I’m onboard with a new lift serviced mountain but it’s insanely hard to get anything put in. Financing a new ski resort is damn near impossible unless you got a shit ton of rich people.