Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1915
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    The stranger
    Dutch rudder

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    This next storm looks to be the classic over producer for the east slopes of the WA Cascades. Deep low digging south along the coast and moving inland along the WA/OR border. Cold, good moisture and E/SE winds.
    You sir just made my day with this forecast.

So should I come cash in on my newfound unemployment and make a Mission mission tomorrow to get my free midweek pass? Is the forecast of 11-17" happening?!

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Dutch rudder
    the ol’ alabama hot pocket

Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    So should I come cash in on my newfound unemployment and make a Mission mission tomorrow to get my free midweek pass? Is the forecast of 11-17" happening?!
    Just do it. Pac West will never be the same.

Mission looks like it might be good tomorrow, at least it gives me a reason to buy next yrs pass while I'm there.

Not that anyone should need telling... but after last weekend it clearly can't get told enough.

Pro Ob: Crystal Backcountry- Dallas Glass- March 1, 2018: Signs of unstable snow were not hard to find in the Crystal area today. Twelve to fourteen inches of new snow fell over night. This new snow landed on a variety of snow surfaces including some very small weak facets on slopes that received direct sun this past week. Simple observations such as skin-track-tests (shown here) highlight the weak interface between the new snow and old snow surface. Many tests failed with wide propagation. This was a clear sign to stay out of avalanche startzones.
    We were able to find wind slabs, storm slabs, and persistent slabs today. With so many avalanche problems in the landscape we chose to keep it conservative. Shelter trees slopes provided excellent safer travel options. Keep your eyes open as you travel and look for signs of unstable snow. These simple observations can help you find fun and safer places to play.
    Photo: Checking the weak layer in a skin-track test. -Susie Glass
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Anyone personally know the desk jockey that almost widowed his wife and left his kids fatherless up north last weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    Anyone personally know the desk jockey that almost widowed his wife and left his kids fatherless up north last weekend?
    Sounds like you have more information than anyone up here.

You just described half this board

Bummer. +++
    Last edited by Ale_capone; 03-04-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Three different people have said he was a Patagonia rep? One was patrol on the lift, Sunday after the Friday evening of his brilliant expedition.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

Near Esmeralda Basin today two snowmobilers lost their lives and a third was seriously injured, on McClellan Butte someone was hosed but not injured and I suspect there was more that we won’t hear about
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

http://www.king5.com/article/news/lo.../281-523936046

Dudes a rep for some outdoor company in town. Can't wait for the BD/Patagonia/etc. mini-doc on this "expert wilderness user"

http://www.king5.com/article/news/lo.../281-523936046

Dudes a rep for some outdoor company in town. Can't wait for the BD/Patagonia/etc. mini-doc on this "expert wilderness user"
    Where did he end up being found?

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Where did he end up being found?
    Anderson Ck Rd, wandering the wrong direction (back up hill, away from the highway). Dude had to pay a hefty Seattleite tax for the ski area's search effort

I don't get how people like this are allowed to procreate...

'I got to the top of this run, then, all of a sudden, the whole mountain shifted 180* and I dropped in anyway, heading away from where I hiked up.'

I was at hyak this morning and it was dumping. It made for some real smooth turns. Lovely day.

I don't get how people like this are allowed to procreate...

'I got to the top of this run, then, all of a sudden, the whole mountain shifted 180* and I dropped in anyway, heading away from where I hiked up.'
    I think the last quote explains it well enough

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    I was at hyak this morning and it was dumping. It made for some real smooth turns. Lovely day.
    This afternoon was pleasantly mediocre

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180304_160032.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	226806

Name:	IMG_20180304_145914.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	226807

Still nuking...

Helluva nice weekend in the mountains. We had to adjust plans today after not being able to see shit in the alpine this morning and ended up finding some nice fluff in spots that weren't tree bombed. The forecast on Friday looked about the same for both days, and then we got pure sun yesterday and nukage today (at Snoq, anyways). Can't complain.

Does anyone have a large roller ski bag I could borrow for a couple weeks? Something I could fit 3 pairs of touring skis in, like a Dakine Boundary, Concourse, or similar. I'm having trouble finding one in stores, and it would make more sense to rent anyways since I have a smaller one that works fine for 1-2 pairs. 40 bucks?

evo has a decent two-pair roller for pretty cheap. you cold probably get 3 pairs in it without alpine clamps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Helluva nice weekend in the mountains. We had to adjust plans today after not being able to see shit in the alpine this morning and ended up finding some nice fluff in spots that weren't tree bombed. The forecast on Friday looked about the same for both days, and then we got pure sun yesterday and nukage today (at Snoq, anyways). Can't complain.

Does anyone have a large roller ski bag I could borrow for a couple weeks? Something I could fit 3 pairs of touring skis in, like a Dakine Boundary, Concourse, or similar. I'm having trouble finding one in stores, and it would make more sense to rent anyways since I have a smaller one that works fine for 1-2 pairs. 40 bucks?
    Have you considered the ski amigo?
    http://www.ski-amigo.com
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

This afternoon was pleasantly mediocre

Name:	IMG_20180304_160032.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	226806

Name:	IMG_20180304_145914.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	226807

Still nuking...
    Saw that they got 10inch since that morning, wish I could have stayed longer. I was half expecting to see you boarding at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    Saw that they got 10inch since that morning, wish I could have stayed longer. I was half expecting to see you boarding at some point.
    Blower in the shade, mank in the sun, crunchy below for everyone!

Name:  FB_IMG_1520283644086.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  67.0 KB

Blower in the shade, mank in the sun, crunchy below for everyone!

Name:  FB_IMG_1520283644086.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  67.0 KB
    Bumper sticker that and get yourself paid! I'm speaking to your words to be specific.

Stomping it!