Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	225743

But damn if the bell-to-bell trench-laying wasn't worthwhile

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180225_155959.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	225744

Got trapped at Stevens Pass on Sunday 2/25. No traffic moving in either direction from ~Noon-5pm.

Lifts didn't open until 11am, and most folks headed home before they even got started. Upper mountain and back side of Stevens were closed, but there was knee-deep powder throughout the day with no lift lines. Easily 12" of new snow fell during the day.

The jury's still out on whether or not this is good for the base...

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Sistek
    La Nina might have gotten off to a sluggish start around here, but it's trying to make up for it with a flurry of mountain flurries as winter starts to enter its final weeks

Snoqualmie Pass, in particular, has been blessed with several feet of snow in this recent cold snap and the photos up there are pretty incredible. The WSDOT has measured 66 inches of total snowfall up there since Feb. 14. That puts the seasonal snowfall total at 355 inches through Feb. 26.

Officials say that is nearly 7 feet ahead of the past 10 years' average of snowfall on Feb. 26 of 272 inches. Weather data shows the past 10 years' *total* snowfall average has been about 394 inches. And there's plenty more snow in the forecast for the mountains this week.

Stevens Pass hasn't been a slouch either, tallying 389 inches of snow so far this season, including 57 inches since Feb. 14.

The passes usually get new snow through March and even into April, so this season's snowpack is looking quite healthy.
    Source: http://komonews.com/weather/scotts-w...erage-snowfall

Trees at bluewood skied pretty good yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

Some really nice turns the last few days at Crystal. Back to the East coast now, thanks for sharing the snow.

Tuffy109 gets some yesterday.

Name:	IMG_0566.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	225.3 KB 
ID:	225899

Yours truly

Name:	IMG_0531.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	599.3 KB 
ID:	225901

Local guy Steve showed me around during the storm on Sunday.

Name:	IMG_0490.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	235.6 KB 
ID:	225902

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    That pow is sick
    (But that IG post is a month old)
    I'm aware of that by the January month associated with it. I'm just happy about snow and enjoyed the stoke. Happy turning mang!

Stomping it!

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    So you're saying that Itchy is a Pio alias?
    It's the same me, I'm not going anyplace. I'm flattered you've made me a hobby it's truly humbling. You're also really digging when you don't need to. Put that shovel away and enjoy some snow. 😄 Cheers!

Stomping it!

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Gonna have to get some new, old, stained undies to wear now?
    Since you're so up my butt about it 😉 no, I do not wear 'undies' [what ever those are?] I'm a boxer guy. But you'll be happy to know I've recently added to my collection. An American flag print, checker board pattern and finally a tie die pair. Oh and yes to answer your other question, they are new. Happy skiing!

Stomping it!

Quote Originally Posted by ichibaneye View Post
    It's the same me....
    Don't be so humble. your makeover has not gone unnoticed.

Stomping it?
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Don't be so humble. your makeover has not gone unnoticed.

Stomping it?
    Unfortunately your inference is 100% off. I enjoy the spotlight. Not good @ homework either I see. I've changed my profile photo many times over the years here. I know...shocking for some but it's allowed. Try it out yourself..I double dog dare ya! 😎

Stomping it!

Quote Originally Posted by ichibaneye View Post
    Unfortunately your inference is 100% off. I enjoy the spotlight. Not good @ homework either I see. I've changed my profile photo many times over the years here. I know...shocking for some but it's allowed. Try it out yourself..I double dog dare ya! ��

Stomping it!
    Well, you deleted all the threads you started where you came across as a total ass ... and for a brief period of time you stopped being cunt....It appeared like a new leaf ...Perhaps it was just wishful thinking.

Namaste Bro.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Well, you deleted all the threads you started where you came across as a total ass ... and for a brief period of time you stopped being cunt....It appeared like a new leaf ...Perhaps it was just wishful thinking.

Namaste Bro.
    He probably started or switched his meds again.

This next storm looks to be the classic over producer for the east slopes of the WA Cascades. Deep low digging south along the coast and moving inland along the WA/OR border. Cold, good moisture and E/SE winds.

Showed up at Stevens bright and early Saturday morning. 6:30 am. Middle lot was already full! Wind was howling, heavy snow, and no visibility.

Crazy cool people had skied for cancer all night through that shit. Funny to see people tired stumbling drunk. Snow covered stoked zombies.

Good on all you. Fuckin hard core!

Ski Acres/Silver Fir annex yesterday (Tues 2/27) was excellent. Soft forgiving snow, lots of freshies, no lift lines, good viz. I'd be hitting it daily into the weekend but for work commitments -- emphasis on "semi" in semi-retirement last couple weeks. This too shall pass.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    This next storm looks to be the classic over producer for the east slopes of the WA Cascades.
    Yeah, that's my read too. I hope it happens. Tronsen tours need a good dump.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    Ski Acres/Silver Fir annex yesterday (Tues 2/27) was excellent. Soft forgiving snow, lots of freshies, no lift lines, good viz. I'd be hitting it daily into the weekend but for work commitments -- emphasis on "semi" in semi-retirement last couple weeks. This too shall pass.

Yeah, that's my read too. I hope it happens. Tronsen tours need a good dump.
    In my 15 years over here, this is the scenario I hope for. Deep low pressure digging south and coming inland through the gorge or farther south brings copious orographic enhancement. NW or SW flow usually brings meager snowfall for the east slopes. The forecast for the Wenatchee mountains is 15-20+" by Friday.

Deep low pressure digging south and coming inland through the gorge or farther south brings copious orographic enhancement.
    My fellow weather nerd/ski tourist/mountaineering bud and I call that the "wrap around"

a friendly reach-around

An old fashioned?

The stranger

In my 15 years over here, this is the scenario I hope for. Deep low pressure digging south and coming inland through the gorge or farther south brings copious orographic enhancement. NW or SW flow usually brings meager snowfall for the east slopes. The forecast for the Wenatchee mountains is 15-20+" by Friday.
    Long live January 2, 2017.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    The overproducing benchmark? I think it was a little cooler for that one, though.

Stevens looked pretty sweet and empty today. We didn’t get off the magic carpets but what I skied was good. Snowing with an Easterly wind when we left at 11:00am.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    The overproducing benchmark? I think it was a little cooler for that one, though.
    That storm and others like it are mesoscale or microscale weather events, for instance 1/11/07 or 4/7/11, this is a synoptic pattern.

That storm and others like it are mesoscale or microscale weather events, for instance 1/11/07 or 4/7/11, this is a synoptic pattern.
    I’ll be testing my synopses in the am for a couple hours while Todd’s in school.