Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    High times...
    And green grass?

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    And green grass?
    And misdemeanors.

Better than fell on knees

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Pretty much untracked powder at Mission Ridge today. Hopefully brief warm up leads to good bonding with the crust...
    When it's blowing 100+ mph at the top isn't every lap untracked?

Stevens and Xtal running out of parking before 10 this morning. My guess is most folks found their way to the mountains despite lessons being canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Stevens and Xtal running out of parking before 10 this morning. My guess is most folks found their way to the mountains despite lessons being canceled.
    Even the windy hill now runs out of parking on the big weekends. So much for being away from the hordes...
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Even the windy hill now runs out of parking on the big weekends. So much for being away from the hordes...
    Overflow parking by 9:30 but not a lift line all day...

dweebus delivered today if you got there early and didn't mind some lift lines.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

today Mt. Baker set a record for most day lift tickets sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Wibby View Post
    Secret’s out.

Welcome back, Ullr.

Friday
    Name:  IMG_20180216_092213_349.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  55.2 KB

Saturday
    Name:  00004IMG_00004_BURST20180217100631_COVER~3.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  20.0 KB

Sunday
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00005XTR_00005_BURST20180218101533.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	224781
    Last edited by cstefanic; 02-19-2018 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wibby View Post
    WDOT had to close the road because even the chain up areas up top were parking. Most insane liftlines I've ever seen. Tracked out in the weirdest way I've ever seen.

Crystal was great today. Northway and Throne open by around 10:30, Southback by noon.

Parking and lift lines were disaster. But it was worth it.

With the expansive growth of Seattle, we desperately need another major ski area somewhere within a 2 hour drive from Seattle... And more expansion of existing hills too.

White pass is getting so crowded it really puts a damper on fun levels for weekend skiing. When there is no where to sit and have a beer inside, I get irritated. Oh, and the lift lines are getting stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    With the expansive growth of Seattle, we desperately need another major ski area somewhere within a 2 hour drive from Seattle... And more expansion of existing hills too.
    Skiing in resorts will be dead in 30 years. None of the ski areas have the elevation to support decent snowpack with ongoing climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    White pass is getting so crowded it really puts a damper on fun levels for weekend skiing. When there is no where to sit and have a beer inside, I get irritated. Oh, and the lift lines are getting stupid.
    That must be why Phil and Steve Mahre came to Mission yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    Crystal was great today. Northway and Throne open by around 10:30, Southback by noon.

I miss those full lot Xtal days, where there's powder a plenty for a little bit of hiking!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Skiing in resorts will be dead in 30 years. None of the ski areas have the elevation to support decent snowpack with ongoing climate change.
    Rubbish, they'll have skiing at the top of Mt Rainier and Mt Hood. Maybe even Baker. But I would doubt there will be much in the way of lift expansion going on. Just need to get used to 30 minute waits like the good old days of double and triple chairs!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I concur, Crystal was amazing yesterday, even with the 200yard long line at northway when it opened, but some of the first tracks down that will be the highlight of my year... it was bottomless and super extra floaty bouncy sex powder...

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post

Hear hear!

Especially when contrasted with the millions of acres decimated by logging and mining, a ski area has a statistically tiny environmental impact.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Well, let's enjoy it while we got it! Modern ski areas should be designed around 4 season recreation anyways. DH and XC Bike park, hiking access, etc. So if in the future snow is spotty, you can still go up and have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Hear hear!

Especially when contrasted with the millions of acres decimated by logging and mining, a ski area has a statistically tiny environmental impact.
    Yes. But the enviro groups will fight any kind of new development like it's an open pit strip mine. Even if the resort is designed to be as natural and friendly as possible with limited hard edges to runs, small base area foot print, etc. Even if it's just the expansion inside current resort permit areas. It's nutty.

Meanwhile Weyerhaeuser is clear cutting the entire highway 2 corridor from Henry Creek all the way to Wenatchee and no one bats an eye.

Well, let's enjoy it while we got it! Modern ski areas should be designed around 4 season recreation anyways. DH and XC Bike park, hiking access, etc. So if in the future snow is spotty, you can still go up and have a good time.
    I'm sure Americans would love to ride the chair up and hike back down. That uphill walking is for suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    I'm sure Americans would love to ride the chair up and hike back down. That uphill walking is for suckers.
    I'd love a ski area that you could hop on a gondola to a ridgeline that would allow you to hike for miles. Like Europe.

I often lustfully imagine this area near Lake Wenatchee on Crook Mountain. (It's not in the wilderness...) https://goo.gl/maps/3AaY1v9QKfR2

Yes. But the enviro groups will fight any kind of new development like it's an open pit strip mine. Even if the resort is designed to be as natural and friendly as possible with limited hard edges to runs, small base area foot print, etc. Even if it's just the expansion inside current resort permit areas. It's nutty.

Meanwhile Weyerhaeuser is clear cutting the entire highway 2 corridor from Henry Creek all the way to Wenatchee and no one bats an eye.
    Exactly and it's bullshit and everyone knows it.

The only reason the enviro groups attack ski area dev is because the ski area devs don't have as much money as the mining and logging industries who also pay off the enviro groups. Fucking racket.

I support wilderness areas and use specific stuff, but ski areas are great for peoples mental and physical health.

Then again, skiing is sinning and extraction industries are gods work.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<