anyone use a compex? Looking for advice post meniscus surgery

Well, the suspension wore out and I had the meniscus cleaned up.

The right leg got very weak, and a buddy of mine has lent me a compex unite to help my rehab.

does anyone else use one and what settings are you using, how often, etc...

I have an older one, hours from 0-120.

I use it a lot.

For quads and butt, strength up to 95-100, hamstrings 75.

I had Achilles repair surgery and in 6 weeks I lost a lot of muscle. After a few weeks of compex I gained 2 inches in my thigh circumference.

This was 5 years ago.

Now I use it twice a year for 6 weeks, pre ski and mountain bike season, then once a week during sessions for maintenance.

I find it builds muscle and strength more than my usual leg press and hamstrings curls.

Plus, since I have some knee pain under the patella, I can't lift weights as heavy as I used to.

By the way, when you get to 90 percent of max contractions, it's really intense. I have to tie my ankles to the chair legs, otherwise I can't keep them down while the muscles are contracting.

You will be stronger than you can imagine.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

I have an older one, hours from 0-120.

Meant to say it goes from 0-120 milliamps.

The new ones have a scale of 0-1000 I believe. So 120 on mine would be 1000 on yours, but check to see if right.

Also, first time you use it, don't go over 40 percent of max, otherwise you can be sore for days.

currently I am using the 'strength'mode - level 1 or 2. the unit I am using is an older 'energy' unitand is similar to yours.
    I am not sure if it is the injury, but I can put the bad leg to level 1, and 30 on the scale. The good leg can only go to 15 right now. At that level, the stress feels the same on both legs. Is that normal? I am going to ask my Physio about how to use it this week.

Yes, normal, but after a few sessions, you will feel the same stress on both as the nerves adapt.

You probably heard this, but you will get minimal benefit unless you go to much higher levels. Low levels only recruit a small percentage of the muscle.