Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Really? The Hard On?

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Really? The Hard On?
    Really! No coincidence at all that the article was published on April 1, 2017

Oh, you kids. Blush.

Quote Originally Posted by duffski View Post
    Does anyone else think carving snowboards are super lame? Putting huge gouges in the groomed runs becomes a hazard for everyone else that might catch an edge in them. Also cutting across slopes is really dangerous, everyone needs to stick to the fall line as much as possible. And it just looks cheesy.
    You are a wanker.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, it hurts. Avoid sticking your hand back when falling backwards, that's the source of many broken wrists.
    Pretty much this. Don't catch yourself with your hands out when you fall, punch the snow. "Make a fist, save your wrist."

You'd think I've been doing this long enough to not need 'em, but I've been using a pair of these for quite awhile: http://www.levelgloves.com/products/...rotection/fly/

Have seen two friends, one of whom was a very experienced rider, break their wrists, so buying a pair of gloves to possibly save a trip to the clinic started to seem like a good deal.

[
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by duffski View Post
    Does anyone else think carving snowboards are super lame? Putting huge gouges in the groomed runs becomes a hazard for everyone else that might catch an edge in them. Also cutting across slopes is really dangerous, everyone needs to stick to the fall line as much as possible. And it just looks cheesy.
    I've hit my own trenches paralell at speed, it sucks, don't do that.
    I can avoid skidding into one of your moguls, you should learn to not skid into one of my trenches
    Also cutting across slopes is really dangerous, everyone needs to stick to the fall line as much as possible.
    if you can't see that I am making regular spaced wide turns in both directions across the fall line down hill IN FRONT OF YOU, you should pull up on your straight lining and read the skiers responsibility codethank god we have you to get up early and paint lane lines on the run for us to follow, go back to the race course if you think everyone should make the same turns

personally I think just standing there at speed with your 140 wide powder tips flapping in the wind looks pretty fuckin cheesy
    Last edited by b0ardski; 01-31-2018 at 11:39 AM.
    embrace the gape
    and believe

trenches
    (
    )
    (
    )
    all
    day
    long

Quote Originally Posted by b0ardski View Post
    I've hit my own trenches paralell at speed, it sucks, don't do that.
    I can avoid skidding into one of your moguls, you should learn to not skid into one of my trenches
    Also cutting across slopes is really dangerous, everyone needs to stick to the fall line as much as possible.
    if you can't see that I am making regular spaced wide turns in both directions across the fall line down hill IN FRONT OF YOU, you should pull up on your straight lining and read the skiers responsibility codethank god we have you to get up early and paint lane lines on the run for us to follow, go back to the race course if you think everyone should make the same turns

personally I think just standing there at speed with your 140 wide powder tips flapping in the wind looks pretty fuckin cheesy
    Those 'rad bros' on clown shoe skis flapping tips and tails with locked knees in the back seat with hands behind them. Not only look ridiculous but have no control (they'll say they do but they couldn't make an emergency turn or stop if they were paid) making them dangerous to all around. Fancy skis good for the about 10% of days with a few inches or more of fresh. Even then they're skidding like 4 year olds...or is it what their bros call slarving? Different word that sounds cool but it's still weak.

Quote Originally Posted by permnation View Post
    ^^^Thanks for sharing. He is fun to watch!
    ^^Proves that a good stiff soft boot and the right board is just as easy to carve and way cooler looking than on hardboots. I'd venture to say if snowboard giant slalom was in the olympics still that a talented rider on a soft boot set up could win gold.

As to all these carving videos, those laid out carves you see hardbooters (and now even softbooters doing), while maybe sort of cool looking, is simply over turning. It's not hard to do and it's actually pointless from a racing perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    ^^Proves that a good stiff soft boot and the right board is just as easy to carve and way cooler looking than on hardboots. I'd venture to say if snowboard giant slalom was in the olympics still that a talented rider on a soft boot set up could win gold.

As to all these carving videos, those laid out carves you see hardbooters (and now even softbooters doing), while maybe sort of cool looking, is simply over turning. It's not hard to do and it's actually pointless from a racing perspective.
    Yup. Knapton is a master. Vin Q at Killington was Da Guy that could shred carves in soft boots harder than most ripping hardbooters. But , who cares what boots you're running ? I've seen Boardercross events where there was no advantage to running either. I like softer hardboots, not cranked down and a surfy style of carving, not always hard on edge in every turn. That feeling of going 40 MPH on a wide open groomer with nobody to avoid is surreal. Big fast GS turns like you're on rails, Top Gun, Formula One, whatever. I've gotten high sided , over the bars , like a motoGP rider, hooking too hard out of the turn and it's pretty scary. Broken arm, almost a twisted knee, popped shoulder, broken clavicle, severely tweaked ankle.

The Euro Boarders we’re out in force on Aspen Mountain today.

you don't NEED hardboots to carve; you don't NEED softboots to surf; you don't NEED straps and duckfoot to go fakie

I can ride any conditions the mt. throws on the same flexible, convenient and DURABLE interface that is still convenient and durable a decade later.
    Some hardboots are as soft as a stiff laceup and more comfortable than riding with straps cranked down any day

ps some stepins don't suck
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    The Euro Boarders we’re out in force on Aspen Mountain today.
    you should avoid the hazard creators for the next week
    embrace the gape
    and believe

you don't NEED hardboots to carve; you don't NEED softboots to surf; you don't NEED straps and duckfoot to go fakie

I can ride any conditions the mt. throws on the same flexible, convenient and DURABLE interface that is still convenient and durable a decade later.
    Some hardboots are as soft as a stiff laceup and more comfortable than riding with straps cranked down any day

ps some stepins don't suck
    Yep. My beat up old touring boots are just awesome for boarding.

I can take all you Fockers on my mono board
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The Bogner fart bag crowd will be tripping over all those trenches. Snowmass, Buttermilk...Zay are everywhere. Hans and Franz will make you look like girly men on your little parabolic shape skis.
    here's your education on carving
    Last edited by willywhit; 02-01-2018 at 02:14 AM.

lol
    embrace the gape
    and believe

zoze ztrappy lacy thingz prove you are girly mahn
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I can take all you Fockers on my mono board
    BS, you can't go switch to the road
    embrace the gape
    and believe

They don’t really bother me and are easy to avoid. Same big group comes every year.

Lil trenches are only a problem for skidders. Self proclaimed skidders noted above.

Seems like a good place...I have a pair of 26.5 Raichle 225's for sale. Good condition (not mint).
    Make an offer?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Seems like a good place...I have a pair of 26.5 Raichle 225's for sale. Good condition (not mint).
    Make an offer?
    Move it to gear swap.