Salomon warranty return

Hey guys,

I bought a pair of Salomon MTN labs last season at full markup from Seattle's Evo store. After taking such a serious beating in a retail setting I was bummed to find out that one of my boots was defective.
    Name:  small.jpg
Views: 1988
Size:  82.4 KB
    The waterproof material on the little tongue piece was not stitched on one boot; and, from a performance perspective the boot is unaffected by this defect. I have toured the dog**** out of these in deep wet snow and have stayed dry the entire time.

Anyways, at the end of last season Salomon happily obliged to resolve the issue aaaannnnnddddd.... I never sent them back. Fast forward to a couple days ago when they again told me they would happily resolve this issue if I sent them back.

I have a pair of alpine boots that I could ski in the meantime; but, because of my location, my options are: a) drive for half an hour for an epic day of human powered shred, b) drive over four hours to wait in line with everyone else in the greater Seattle area in the hopes of getting on a lift that day.

Has anyone had experience with Salomon warranty returns? I asked them how long it would take and they wisely declined to comment. Missing a single day of skiing this season would bum me out big time.
    Last edited by Skerby; 11-09-2017 at 11:44 AM. Reason: not good at picture

1) you should have done this in spring

2) usually 2ish weeks.

I got some new bindings from them after a spring in mine failed. It took something like 5 months for the entire process but that was at the very end of the season when they had supposedly staffed down.

^That's all I needed to hear, I'm gonna hang onto them for now.

Thanks guys

That’s crappy man! Hopefully they will take care of you. I had a similar experience, I had to warranty some QST 118’s due to damage from shipping or the warehouse on the top sheet. It took a matter of two emails and a couple photos and I had a new pair of skis on the way. They paid for my return shipping as well.

What's the warranty period on those boots?
    It might be less time, money and heartache to take them to a shoe repair shop and re-stitch.

If Salomon has already stated that they're happy to help you out with the issue, and, the issue isn't affecting performance of the boot...why not ask them if you can use them for this season and send 'em back in june or whatever if they'd be willing to stick with their commitment? IMO not worth wasting ski days on a potentially lengthy return time in case something goes wrong with shipping etc...etc... In the mean time you could always use some aquaseal and glue the fabric on if it seems like the compromised area is lengthening and potentially inviting leaks... imho. That's probably the angle I'd take after consulting with Solly to confirm that it's okay to install a temporary patch...I know some companies frown upon alterations, so just sayin'.
    Master of mediocrity.

You know that this is...

TECH TALK

As you were.

Why not take them back to EVO since there is an obvious defect. Show them your approval from Salomon for a return and hopefully walk out with a brand new pair of boots. You paid a premium, let them help.

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    Why not take them back to EVO since there is an obvious defect. Show them your approval from Salomon for a return and hopefully walk out with a brand new pair of boots. You paid a premium, let them help.
    IME retailers will send them in for you and (maybe) call you when the replacements arrive. Replacement from store stock not an option. But I've never done business with EVO brick and mortar so maybe I'm wrong. You're lucky Salomon would even talk to you directly. When I've tried to deal with them I've never gotten a response--had to go through retailer.

Primary lesson; always have a spare pair of critical gear, even if it's just the old stuff replaced by your current set up.

Secondary lesson: Solomon has been more than stand-up here - you had all last summer to fix the problem ..... I shall say no more because it would only be mean.

Evo replaced my boots with the 17/18 model. Those guys are great, killer customer service.

Just went through the warranty process for some Solly hiking boots directly with Salomon. First class customer service. Emails were responded to almost immediately, technical questions answered thoroughly and the tone throughout was very friendly and positive.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Skerby View Post
    Evo replaced my boots with the 17/18 model. Those guys are great, killer customer service.
    You pay, you play.....glad to hear they took care of you.