Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

why lock the mass shooting thread

there was actually some good discussion going on and no more name calling than in any other padded room thread. Plus I had something brilliant I wanted to say.

Agreed.
    Say it Goat. I want to hear.
    sigless.

Yea that's lame. I was the only one getting ragged on and I'm fine with it!

Funny. I guess my post pushed someone over the edge 30 minutes ago, as it isn't there and the thread is now locked. Funny stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Weird what did you post?

Still locked for me

Yeah so i looked at thread title this am and thot to self ... I wonder if we are still on the same mass shooting or is there a new one?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Yeah so i looked at thread title this am and thot to self ... I wonder if we are still on the same mass shooting or is there a new one?
    It's a mass shooting state of mind

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    It's a mass shooting state of mind
    I had this typed out

I think those high crime countries are great examples to learn from - what not to do. The issue was with the target for what the usa should look like given its wealth and high degree of scientific advancement. We absolutely should look to CAN/AUS/UK et al for what to do to normalize our gun violence problems.
    Absolutely. But could be nice to know if factors exist that don't have to do with standard of living or gun numbers etc..

No doubt our best comparison are going to be countries with similar stats.

People seem to be fine with that comparison on a economic/standard of living level.

So why is comparing ourselves to countries who we have similar level of violence, homicide or gun deaths so forbidden?

But admittedly I'm over it now that I realize someone got pretty fucking triggered by the discussion.

I don't ever remember seeing a thread closed

It was more that you didn't seem to acknowledge the validity of using 1st world countries as a comparator for the usa. That perceived oversight seemed intentional, thus all the angst.

I absolutely see it.

Why can't you see the validity of comparing us to countries with similar violence numbers AS WELL as other rich countries.

why lock the mass shooting thread

Anyhow sorry guys I'm not going to say anything else. Didn't mean to cause drama

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Funny. I guess my post pushed someone over the edge 30 minutes ago, as it isn't there and the thread is now locked. Funny stuff.
    I think it was likely Beer Drinker's outright racism rather than Steepconcrete's somewhat veiled "diversity"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Anyhow sorry guys I'm not going to say anything else. Didn't mean to cause drama
    All we can expect of ourselves & others is a willingness to learn. I'm a dunce in a lot of discussions on here, so I try to shaddup more than not.

Why can't you see the validity of comparing us to countries with similar violence numbers AS WELL as other rich countries.
    I didn't post in the thread, but read it. I thought that insight was good. Compare everything, or give good reason to not compare. One chart had only countries of 10 mill or more. Almost seems like an arbitrary number.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

What's racist about pointing out black males shoot each other a lot?

Obama did it.

That's where I got the information.

President Obama's gun safety actions and his My Brother's Keeper Initiative address issues that disproportionately impact young males of color. In 2014, firearm homicide was the leading cause of death for African American males ages 15-34, and the third leading cause of death for Latino males in the same age group (and would be second if combined with suicides in which firearms were used). Firearms were used in over 91 percent of homicides of African-American males ages 15-34, and in 81 percent of homicides of Latino males in this age group. In all age and gender categories, African Americans accounted for 13 percent of the U.S. population, but over 57 percent of the victims of homicide by firearm.
    http://jointcenter.org/blog/race-gen...16-state-union

Race, Gender, & Gun Homicides: 2016 State of the Union

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    It's also necessary to compare severity of violence. Comparing the United States with Honduras sort of implies that the two have similar crimes rates when studies indicate that the U.S. has similar rates as other rich countries. Guns are the factor that invite comparisons with Honduras and Mexico.

From the now locked thread: Americans sometimes see this as an expression of deeper problems with crime, a notion ingrained, in part, by a series of films portraying urban gang violence in the early 1990s. But the United States is not actually more prone to crime than other developed countries, according to a landmark 1999 study by Franklin E. Zimring and Gordon Hawkins of the University of California, Berkeley. A New Yorker is just as likely to be robbed as a Londoner, for instance, but the New Yorker is 54 times more likely to be killed in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    What's racist about pointing out black males shoot each other a lot?
    The manner, tone, frequency and fun you apparently get from pointing it out.

All we can expect of ourselves & others is a willingness to learn. I'm a dunce in a lot of discussions on here, so I try to shaddup more than not.
    I'm a knucklehead who needs shit spelled out to the point my illiterate dumb ass can understand it. But otherwise I'm more than willing to change my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    The manner, tone, frequency and fun you apparently get from pointing it out.
    So that's racist to point out that black kids shoot themselves at an alarming rate?

It goes completely unacknowledged here. Wonder why?

White guys living in whiteville like you dont know shit about it. Period. Probably should stfu.

Or at least stop throwing the racist card around like a fucking moron.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

^

Yep exactly.

Like I said.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    ^

Yep exactly.

Like I said.
    You didn't say anything. You just sound like a fucking dumbass.

Oh... That white guy brought up an obvious issue within black male culture. Racist!!!

You fucking retard. Do you even know any black people?

Please tell me all about race relations in the PNW!

Between the levels of trolls and idiots, the fear of empathy and this kind of moderation, it's time for me to stop attempting to create some shitty level of connection here.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<