Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Buster, you should try a life coach. It's helped me immensely.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

why lock the mass shooting thread

My life coach told me to stop making rational arguments. Just call your opponents racist instead.

And obviously it should go without saying -> be as passive aggressive as all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    So that's racist to point out that black kids shoot themselves at an alarming rate?

It goes completely unacknowledged here. Wonder why?

White guys living in whiteville like you dont know shit about it. Period. Probably should stfu.

Or at least stop throwing the racist card around like a fucking moron.
    your version of gun culture: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...77#post5154077

vs

the US is all about gun culture

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post

The odds are that the guy above with the gun who has actually saw guts and blood and watched, heard and smelled what it's like to watch his enemies and friends die doesn't own a gun and most likely has PTSD. What does that tell us?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Between the levels of trolls and idiots, the fear of empathy and this kind of moderation, it's time for me to stop attempting to create some shitty level of connection here.
    This place isn't so bad in the scheme of internet things.

Oh... That white guy brought up an obvious issue within poor, in a gang, black male culture. Racist!!!
    The above is basically what I pointed out. Funny it was deleted and the thread locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Dammit, I had the chance to buy the Rambo M-60 and passed on it. Thanks for the reminder.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Just curious, which one do the mods use to lock threads?

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

your version of gun culture: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...77#post5154077

the US is all about gun culture
    Black males age 14-34 aren't trying to be John Wayne or Rambo.

Out of touch much?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

please go on

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Between the levels of trolls and idiots, the fear of empathy and this kind of moderation, it's time for me to stop attempting to create some shitty level of connection here.
    buster, it's not going to happen on guns on this forum or this country.

sandyhook changed everything and cemented the status quo in place. I lost all hope for change and listen to the news of each shooting with resignation.

please go on
    Seems like you have it figured out.

What's the black population like in PDX?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Oh... That white guy brought up an obvious issue within poor, in a gang, black male culture. Racist!!!

The above is basically what I pointed out. Funny it was deleted and the thread locked.
    Explaining gang violence or poverty or poor performance in school as a cultural phenomenon, and neglecting to consider economic (and other) forces involved is a proven tactic for avoiding the examination structural inequalities. When it ceased to be socially and scientifically acceptable to attribute inequality to racial inferiority, we turned to "cultural depravity" for a convenient explanation. It never stands up to scrutiny, but it remains a popular because it a) preserves the myth of American moral superiority, and b) is a proven tool for preserving hegemony.

Most sane people do not choose a life of violence unless they are denied other avenues of making a living. Why are there so many terrorists in Gaza? Is it simply misguided religious zealotry? Is it antisemitism? Is it because Gaza is one of the poorest, most overpopulated places on Earth, and joining a Hamas can actually help you provide for your family? Or is it because when you're 15, and you're daily life consists of being shit on by the IDF, you're stupid enough to think that you can fight back and win? Or do you not even care if you win... you just want to hurt the fuckers who chopped down your family's olive trees for no fucking reason, even if it means death or torture? Does violence emerge from culture? Or does culture emerge violence. I guess it's complicated.

Gang violence is similarly complicated. People do terrible things for reasons that make sense to them. Attributing those reasons to exclusively to culture may be convenient, but it is lazy, or worse.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think your post should have been deleted, but it was pretty fucking uninsightful.

Out of touch much?
    Seems like you have it figured out.
    seriously, don't deflect...please explain more about what black males 14-34 are trying to be

What's the black population like in PDX?
    it's pretty white in pdx...not at all like nyc or dc, where i've lived previously...but that's completely irrelevant to your unstated intimations on young black men

Need to get rid of the moderators around here. This place has sucked since that shit started.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Explaining gang violence or poverty or poor performance in school as a cultural phenomenon, and neglecting to consider economic (and other) forces involved is a proven tactic for avoiding the examination structural inequalities. When it ceased to be socially and scientifically acceptable to attribute inequality to racial inferiority, we turned to "cultural depravity" for a convenient explanation. It never stands up to scrutiny, but it remains a popular because it a) preserves the myth of American moral superiority, and b) is a proven tool for preserving hegemony.

Most sane people do not choose a life of violence unless they are denied other avenues of making a living. Why are there so many terrorists in Gaza? Is it simply misguided religious zealotry? Is it antisemitism? Is it because Gaza is one of the poorest, most overpopulated places on Earth, and joining a Hamas can actually help you provide for your family? Or is it because when you're 15, and you're daily life consists of being shit on by the IDF, you're stupid enough to think that you can fight back and win? Or do you not even care if you win... you just want to hurt the fuckers who chopped down your family's olive trees for no fucking reason, even if it means death or torture? Does violence emerge from culture? Or does culture emerge violence. I guess it's complicated.

Gang violence is similarly complicated. People do terrible things for reasons that make sense to them. Attributing those reasons to exclusively to culture may be convenient, but it is lazy, or worse.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I don't think your post should have been deleted, but it was pretty fucking uninsightful.
    No, while I agree with your take I never feel the need to write a blog when I post here. Either you already know what you posted or you're a fuckin idiot and I don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

but that's completely irrelevant to your unstated intimations on young black men
    So why do young black men kill themselves 6 times faster than young latino men?

They share the same strife.

I promise I have a much better grasp of Black Male Culture than you do. I promise.

You've never gone and picked up your ounces of blow at a crack house in north Nashville in the late 90s. But you did live in DC...
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

I agree that there is no point in discussing gun stuff online which is why I don't bother for the most part...but...

I'd love to see the Democrats take an active approach to land and water access and habitat enhancement and conservation for both hunting and fishing. There are rural votes to be picked up imo. Hunters are a more diverse bunch than the NRA gun types. The Republicans have left the Dems a huge opening to step into by abandoning all efforts to protect our land and our waters in order to protect corporate and oligarch land rights. In Iowa we lost the equivalent of an 8 mile strip of land across the entire state to CRP program reductions. Very sad but fixable and if more hunters and fishermen could find a home with the Democrats we might be able to put our heads together and come up with a plan. Depolarize the debate.

What's racist about pointing out black males shoot each other a lot?

Obama did it.

That's where I got the information.

http://jointcenter.org/blog/race-gen...16-state-union

Race, Gender, & Gun Homicides: 2016 State of the Union

Do you ever read what you write? My money is on that your overtly racist rants put it over the edge of decency.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

White guys in the PNW calling racism. Good stuff Old Fucks.

Do you even know what rap music is?

No one can seem to answer why there is a difference with Latino and Black males in the same socioeconomic environment.

Anyone here listen to any good Spanish Gangsta Rap lately?

White guys in the PNW calling racism. Good stuff Old Fucks.

Do you even know what rap music is?

No one can seem to answer why there is a difference with Latino and Black males in the same socioeconomic environment.
    Actually trying not to be a dick here but what are your black credentials?

Buying and selling drugs doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Actually trying not to be a dick here but what are your black credentials?

Buying and selling drugs doesn't count.
    What are black credentials? Shut the fuck up.

Living in the PNW and shouting racism is about as dumb as shit gets.

Now your just a cunt bitch.

Listen here cunt.

You are the self proclaimed black rep for TGR.

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I'd love to see the Democrats take an active approach to land and water access and habitat enhancement and conservation for both hunting and fishing. There are rural votes to be picked up imo. Hunters are a more diverse bunch than the NRA gun types. The Republicans have left the Dems a huge opening to step into by abandoning all efforts to protect our land and our waters in order to protect corporate and oligarch land rights. In Iowa we lost the equivalent of an 8 mile strip of land across the entire state to CRP program reductions. Very sad but fixable and if more hunters and fishermen could find a home with the Democrats we might be able to put our heads together and come up with a plan. Depolarize the debate.
    Agreed.

I'm not a gun person. I wish there were a lot fewer around. But it's a losing issue for Dems. You can't take guns away from Americans, any more than you could shut down churches. As much as I'd like my boy to grow up in a gun free world, as much as I'm convinced that the "rational" arguments for why guns are good for society are bullshit, I recognize that there are folks out there who would feel deeply violated if their guns were confiscated.

When I was younger and more convinced that I knew what the fuck was going in the world I dismissed these folks as idiots, primitives, rednecks. But now I'm not sure I'm any different. Why do I need skiing in my life? My dog? Both could be construed as a waste of resources. Trivial. But I would break the law to go skiing. I'm probably capable of killing someone who fucks with my dog. Guns are different, of course, in that they hurt a lot more people than skis and dogs. But there are plenty of insidious religious institutions out there that we don't fuck with. What about fast cars? They're not good for the world. But cars are beautiful. We have too many folks who think guns are beautiful for there to be any hope of taking them away. Logic doesn't apply.

The rhetoric needs to switch away from gun control to gun violence control. Otherwise Dems are giving away votes for a lost cause. Making pro-hunting moves would make this more convincing.