Front Range Mag's ... NSR,but I am.

Hey FRM's,

Thanks & welcome to my cross thread.

If you're not going to Panic at the Rocks, come on out to Boulder Sunday night at 6:30 pm and support another Mag's musical endeavor. My band, HOT MONKEY LOVE, is playing in the N. Boulder park at 9th and Dellwood from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.We'll be playing originals & covers from Talking Heads,Police ...etc.

Shera,El Kabong,Summit & Hacksaw and a few others have seen me play ,so if you have any questions , I'll let them attest to my skills as a musician.

This is the 1st night of the 5 week music in the park series & I'd love to have you guys come check out the show.Coolers & booze are allowed provided you're discreet & use plastic cups for your beverages.See you there!
    Ciao,
    Scott
    Calmer than you dude

Sweet.... Will hit up some of my climbing buddies too and see if they're into it.

Yeah, Scott can sing and he can play the guitar. I listened to his cd over and over until I got completely burnt out on it. That was so funny - he handed me that cd in the Loveland parking lot. I didn't know who he was - that he was a maggot or anything. And now we're great friends...

Sunday is Brett's birthday. I'll see if he wants to go to Boulder...

Quote Originally Posted by freshie247
    Hey FRM's,

Thanks & welcome to my cross thread.

If you're not going to Panic at the Rocks, come on out to Boulder Sunday night at 6:30 pm and support another Mag's musical endeavor. My band, HOT MONKEY LOVE, is playing in the N. Boulder park at 9th and Dellwood from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.We'll be playing originals & covers from Talking Heads,Police ...etc.

Shera,El Kabong,Summit & Hacksaw and a few others have seen me play ,so if you have any questions , I'll let them attest to my skills as a musician.

This is the 1st night of the 5 week music in the park series & I'd love to have you guys come check out the show.Coolers & booze are allowed provided you're discreet & use plastic cups for your beverages.See you there!
    Ciao,
    Scott

Are you the "Cowboy?"

http://www.hotmonkeylove.us/

No dat be a differnet kind O Hot Monkey Love. I herd dat a diffrent band in San Diego was called de same ting.We be in COLORADO.

You can check out some of the music at www.hmlmusic.com
    Last edited by freshie247; 06-25-2005 at 12:43 AM.
    Calmer than you dude

you guys sound pretty fucking good...i may be up there with some beers if i dont get wrangled into seeing panic again

Right Arm Phish.It ought to be a hoot & a half.
    Calmer than you dude

Thumbs up

He's good. Go see him.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

btw, after listening to your cover of Message in Bottle i think you guys should play Josie...or any dan for that matter...

I love Josie,but I've always leaned towords Don't Take Me Alive.
    Calmer than you dude

Quote Originally Posted by freshie247
    I love Josie,but I've always leaned towords Don't Take Me Alive.

great fucking song.....im a huge dan fan...you guys ever play dan tunes live?

I'm a big Dan fan too.I'm totally down with it,but the GTR player will be the one doing all the work, so it's mostly up to him.All of our schedules are going to be freed up soon ,so it will be a lot easier to work on stuff like that.

I wanted to put Whole Lotta Love by Zep in the set for this weekend, but it just wasn't going to happen because of scheduling conflicts. I love singing Robert Plant! My drummer has been working weekdays in Portland Oregon for the last 5 weeks,& then coming home (Denver) to see his wife & kid on the weekends & playing in another band. The GTR player is currently working on 3 different recording projects. The bass player is in another band also. I've got an acoustic duo project with a different guitarist as well.Speaking of which, I'll be playing with Mike at Catacombs on Monday for open mic. After our set I usually go up with the house band for a rendition of Whole Lotta Love.They aren't the tightest,but it's a vehicle through which I can purge my Zep exhibitionist tendencies in front of an audience until I can get my band on the program.

Hope to see ya there,I've got to run to the music store to get some supplies.Have fun at Panic tonight if you're going.Ciao
    Calmer than you dude

Hey, thought you guys sounded great...had to split a bit early, so i couldnt say hi...all the songs sounded great...but i liked WAY the best...you guys are tight!

"We have a hula-hoop emergency in front of the stage"

i was laughing during that