Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

United perosnal just plain blow

So I will start off by saying that I am 100% at fault here. I was late to Aspen airport.
    I arrive 8 minutes late for bag check in. The 7 people standing around at the counter tell me there is nothing they can do. This is Aspen Airport, it takes 3 minutes to walk from the counter to the runway were the plane is. They claim they can not do that. The computer wont let them.

Computers can not be overridden? You can not make an exception. There were no other customers at the check in counter. You could not expedite the moving of the two bags i had there to the runaway. I was livid.

But then to add insult to injury, one of the new employees ask me, "that bag is too large to fit on out plane, have you flown with it before?" Yes i have been flying with it for 7 years. Did you shrink your planes cargo hold? Did you get a new fleet of planes i am not aware of?" Shut the fuck up and do you job. Get me on the plane you fucking asshole.

Anyway, i was going to Cabo for some kiting and a wedding on Saturday. I will leave tomorrow.

This is the service industry. You are supposed to help the customer. Try being helpful. The response i was looking for was, "Mr Ross, I see that you were late, let me talk to the supervisor and see if we can get you on that plane. I will try my best."

Not a chance.

End of rant.

You haven't seen anything yet. Wait till the apes are running things.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Bummer, I've been there, but not here in Aspen. The staff here is usually pretty good IME, but yeah, when you can throw a rock and hit the plane and it sits there for another 20min before even taxiing how can you not be pissed off.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Computers can not be overridden? t.
    They're likely using some fancy ERP, so no, computer stuff can't be "worked around" or "overridden".
    I try to avoid United like the plague.

United is the only airline I try to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    United is the only airline I try to avoid.
    Frontier is 10x worse. I refuse to fly with them since Republic bought them.

So I will start off by saying that I am 100% at fault here. I was late to Aspen airport.
    I arrive 8 minutes late for bag check in. The 7 people standing around at the counter tell me there is nothing they can do. This is Aspen Airport, it takes 3 minutes to walk from the counter to the runway were the plane is. They claim they can not do that. The computer wont let them.

Computers can not be overridden? You can not make an exception. There were no other customers at the check in counter. You could not expedite the moving of the two bags i had there to the runaway. I was livid.

But then to add insult to injury, one of the new employees ask me, "that bag is too large to fit on out plane, have you flown with it before?" Yes i have been flying with it for 7 years. Did you shrink your planes cargo hold? Did you get a new fleet of planes i am not aware of?" Shut the fuck up and do you job. Get me on the plane you fucking asshole.

Anyway, i was going to Cabo for some kiting and a wedding on Saturday. I will leave tomorrow.

This is the service industry. You are supposed to help the customer. Try being helpful. The response i was looking for was, "Mr Ross, I see that you were late, let me talk to the supervisor and see if we can get you on that plane. I will try my best."

Not a chance.

End of rant.
    Security regulations have strict rules I thought, there is nothing those people could do without losing their jobs. If I'm right about this, you should apologize to them tomorrow. If I'm wrong, well, I'm wrong a lot.

When you can practically see the plane from the check-in, and computer system can't be overridden, then that's when you know we've handed over too much of our lives to technology.

Your first problem was choosing United. I learned a valuable lesson (in a good way) when I flew to Cabo last time. I flew Mexicana. It was spendier, but everybody from check-in to the insanely hot flight attendants were top notch. Extremely professional, courteous, and accommodating. Nice plane, great pilots, and they offered meals and adult beverages on each leg that were all included with the standard ticket price. Made me realize then whenever flying even domestically, use foreign airlines whenever possible, even though it will cost more. The experience is absolutely incomparable.

Next time don't price shop. We all need to start voting with our dollars and picking the best airlines based on service, not just price.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    Bummer, I've been there, but not here in Aspen. The staff here is usually pretty good IME, but yeah, when you can throw a rock and hit the plane and it sits there for another 20min before even taxiing how can you not be pissed off.
    I had to go outside, i was fuming. Still fuming at my desk. Was supposed to be kiting and Jerry Lopez has been at the break i am heading to.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    When you can practically see the plane from the check-in, and computer system can't be overridden, then that's when you know we've handed over too much of our lives to technology.

Your first problem was choosing United. I learned a valuable lesson (in a good way) when I flew to Cabo last time. I flew Mexicana. It was spendier, but everybody from check-in to the insanely hot flight attendants were top notch. Extremely professional, courteous, and accommodating. Nice plane, great pilots, and they offered meals and adult beverages on each leg that were all included with the standard ticket price. Made me realize then whenever flying even domestically, use foreign airlines whenever possible, even though it will cost more. The experience is absolutely incomparable.

Next time don't price shop. We all need to start voting with our dollars and picking the best airlines based on service, not just price.
    There are no other options out of Aspen. Plus i have status, which obviously does not do shit for you. But i will say this, i flew from San Jose PR to Calgary CA. I was on united and when i got to Miami, I switched to AIr Canada. Holy shit, i could not believe how helpful they were. They helped me navigate my bags through the maze, they did not even blink an eye at the oversized bag. They were super helpful, it was amazing. I said, "thats it?" Yes, that was it. They checked me in with no hassles and a smile in like 3 minutes.

First world problems.....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Frontier is 10x worse. I refuse to fly with them since Republic bought them.
    Maybe 20x worse. Better off driving.

Could you have wheeled your bags to the gate and gate checked them?

I switched to AIr Canada.
    Just avoid flying them to SFO.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

anyone catch Curb on Sunday. Exactly the same principal. They shut the door in Larry Davids face. He is like, hold the door, and slam right in his face. So Funny.

Why were you late? Wanted to give this blog some legs...

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Could you have wheeled your bags to the gate and gate checked them?
    One is a board bag, but that would have been funny trying to get through security.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Why were you late? Wanted to give this blog some legs...
    yes, read the first post, i said i am totally to blame. But how about trying to help the customer. Where has the service industry gone? WTF? No one gives a shit about trying to help anymore .

There are no other options out of Aspen. Plus i have status, which obviously does not do shit for you.
    So hopefully you've learned your lesson here. Screw the "status" or "miles" or whatever, and just do a round-trip ticket to the nearest hub where you can switch to a better carrier. A pain to get your bags just to check back in, but might be worth it. Haha.

But how about trying to help the customer. Where has the service industry gone? WTF? No one gives a shit about trying to help anymore .
    True dat. Customer service everywhere is worse than ever before. They'd rather have an online chatbot try and deal with you. And when companies DO try and be awesome, they get go the way of the dodo. See: PanAm, TWA, Braniff, Eastern...

Southwest has definitely put my bags on the plane when I was less than 45 minutes from takeoff but that's domestic. Not sure if status helped.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Southwest has definitely put my bags on the plane when I was less than 45 minutes from takeoff but that's domestic. Not sure if status helped.
    if SW flew out of here, i would be on it everytime. They are very helpful, the few time i have flown them.

Ok, onto the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You haven't seen anything yet. Wait till the apes are running things.
    You're really struggling with the zoology and the taxonomy, aren't you?

Don't worry, you have friends here to help. I found this worksheet from Mrs. Jones' middle school class that might be helpful.

http://casimir.tusd.org/LinkClick.as...t=exOezFoMla4=
    "Judge me by the enemies I have made." -FDR

if the plane door was closed - you are not getting on

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    if the plane door was closed - you are not getting on
    you even read the thread. I was 40 minutes before departure.