Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bringing a Grinder to Vail, CO?

I'm heading to Vail, CO for a weekend in December; first time there so I'm pretty excited. I know that the entire state of Colorado isn't 420 friendly. I was going to order a cheap marijuana grinder so that it gets here before my trip. I think, as long as it's unused, I can bring it on the plane. My concern is that I get to Vail and they won't let me have it in the resort. A buddy of mine is already in Boulder visiting his family so he's going to be bringing the actual herb but he's not really concerned either way. I don't really mind if they make me toss the grinder; I'm more worried about them actually cancelling my reservations and kicking me out of the resort. Is this a totally irrational fear?

EDIT: Apologies if this is an inappropriate topic - I couldn't find anything in the rules against it.

Is this real??? They don't search yer pockets. Just be discreet and you won't have any issues.

Are your fingers broken? Can't bust up a bud with your hands? Fuck the grinder, If I was paranoid, I'd be worried about a pipe, not a grinder.

Seriously, pot has been around at all ski resorts for many years. Don't fire up a blunt in the lobby or the hot tub and you'll be fine.

Vail is on federal land, therefore subject to the rules of the federal government, not the state. There are undercover federal agents busting people for having weed and Vail actually encourages it. They want to keep the resort family-friendly. I knew a guy who brought a grinder to Beaver Creek once, now he's in federal prison for 5 years. I wouldn't chance it.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Don't fire up a blunt in the lobby or the hot tub and you'll be fine.
    Also, keep an eye out for US Forest Service. They bust people at my local hill periodically throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Vail is on federal land, therefore subject to the rules of the federal government, not the state. There are undercover federal agents busting people for having weed and Vail actually encourages it. They want to keep the resort family-friendly. I knew a guy who brought a grinder to Beaver Creek once, now he's in federal prison for 5 years. I wouldn't chance it.
    I know more than a few that have been busted in Vail for even less. One guy had a pack of rolling papers and now he has a felony conviction. Be safe man....if you HAVE to smoke do it in the hotel room. Towel the door too man....ive heard a few stories about kicked in hotel doors and arrests too.

Click bait spam?

They may make you take a hair follicle drug test. Any usage within the last year will be exposed
    Even if you ate one seed by mistake

Alternatively i find a pair of pointy scissors and a shot glass work well as an inconspicuous bud buster. Pro tip: Try to get one of those shot glasses with the rounded bottoms, you know... That way it really grinds up clean. And you can keep it in your pocket and no one will suspect anything.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASS View Post
    They may make you take a hair follicle drug test. Any usage within the last year will be exposed
    Is this really still required to purchase a ticket? I thought that was removed years ago....oh well. I'd be careful man.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Same thing is happening in Vail North (whistler) .... despite it basically being legal in canada, Vail's influences run deep. 1/2 their security force is ex Blackwater employees.
    That explains the goons in the lot at Kirkwood since the vail take over. Those guys rarely get on the snow at all, and then, just for a pat down at the lift base on closing day.

I usually grind at home, pack the devices and hide it well in my car. Usually you won't be searched as you enter the valley. But even then, it is a quick look in the glove compartment etc. Once parked I usually tape my shit to my balls and don't remove it until out of the base area.

Then just go for a short hike. Look out for yellow and red coats, hike up hill and hide before smoking. And be ready to ski your ass off out of there if you get busted. I fucking rip, so I don't worry to much.

You'll be fine if you do it this way. Just don't use duct tape. Painters tape only.

my buddy got randomly searched last year at Breckenridge, the officers reasoning for the search was that my friend was wearing "rasta colors." He ended up getting a warning, but they took his beanie because it was made of hemp! So don't wear any green, yellow or red!!! or any fabrics with hemp in them.

man Vail really has turned into a police state huh?....geez thats a shame. my hike would be well out of bounds if possible. steeper the better. Hide in the trees. When done ski down the steep shot and bank back into the resort with your head straight....works everytime.

Also, there is an app available for your smartphone called "grinder" and its specifically about how to travel with grinders. They break it down state-by-state, do's and dont's, laws, etc.
    I would download this app before your trip!

Very few people ever smoke weed at vail without getting caught. I wouldn’t risk it. I don’t think I know of anyone who would dare to smoke weed on the mountain. And skiing high!? That’s dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Also, there is an app available for your smartphone called "grinder" and its specifically about how to travel with grinders. They break it down state-by-state, do's and dont's, laws, etc.
    I would download this app before your trip!
    I am pretty sure it will set you up with locals that have grinders for you to borrow. I hear they are really nice and will invite you over to grind, or find you a desecrate place meet up and grind. Grinders everywhere are using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    I am pretty sure it will set you up with locals that have grinders for you to borrow. I hear they are really nice and will invite you over to grind, or find you a desecrate place meet up and grind. Grinders everywhere are using it.
    Pretty sure this is what that app is for. I mean like 420, or 710 it's code man.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Buy some gummies.

Problem.

Solved.

Most weed shops in CO offer pre-ground weed. They'll even smoke it for you, for an extra charge of course.

These guys are busting your chops. Don’t bother with the pre order. Find a local Vail policeman and ask to borrow his. They always carry extra for those who left their grinder at home, or, like they suggested just ask someone on the Grindr app to “hook you up”, and they will suggest a location, probably in the parking garage to meet up and make the trade.

I miss the good old days when you could just hide a bong in your pant leg.

Here's some real inside dope, as many of u may know I was a volunteer bootpacker for copper patrol for couple years and it is well known within the organization that avalanche dogs are now being cross trained as narc dogs.
    They are pro sniffers and vail dogs are getting training at same facilities as copper patrol dogs. The good news is they quit training the dogs in Belgium so u can use Spanish commands to make them stop, I had a lot of success with commands like "no comida", "salida rapio" followed by "undalay" (sp?)

Just think about the subliminal warning: COPper patrol dog

Op, You getting the picture now?
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASS View Post
    The only way to beat that test is to totally Bic your head. You have to shave all your pubes, taint, and ass crack, too. They can pluck from there if you're bald.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    The only way to beat that test is to totally Bic your head. You have to shave all your pubes, taint, and ass crack, too. They can pluck from there if you're bald.
    sounds like the voice of experience ........
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

OP you should probably hide the grinder in your butt. Can't be too careful around Vail...