Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bringing a Grinder to Vail, CO?

there are some sweet plug/grinder combos out there

pretty much off the weed but when I still had the odd toke I didn't go anywhere near borders or airports with pot

i miss the good old days when you could just light up a reefer in the washroom of a DC10 and hit flush to suck out the smoke
    Last edited by XXX-er; 11-08-2017 at 08:50 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot View Post
    sounds like the voice of experience ........
    Yes, I have had an Epic Pass for a couple years.

You're going to ski with a grinder in your jacket?
    That's dangerous as Fock
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

It was so much easier smoking on the mountain before it was legalized. You would think the constant stream of USFS bringing peeps down the mountain in cuffs would turn some people off, but they seem to enjoy it. The catcalls from the lift are gut-busters.

You'd do better to find a decent place to ski, forget about the grinder nonsense.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Yup, erl is so much more convenient.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 7.32.27 AM.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	298.6 KB 
ID:	215556
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Vail is on federal land, therefore subject to the rules of the federal government, not the state. There are undercover federal agents busting people for having weed and Vail actually encourages it. They want to keep the resort family-friendly. I knew a guy who brought a grinder to Beaver Creek once, now he's in federal prison for 5 years. I wouldn't chance it.
    I heard his buddy got three years for the papers.

I need these bitches butt naked while they grindin' up ma dope!

Yeah man, a kid got killed there last year. Fell off the chair and smashed his head on every beam. Autopsy report said he only had two puffs from a vape pen. How many did you have, man?

OK, well, Stacy, Brian, Vail resorts is a little bit concerned. Cecilia the cleaning lady was in your room and she found a grinder and some pot.

She didn't smoke it did she?

NO! She didn't smoke it.

We're just concerned that pot grinders could lead to other things

Ice, Crack, Boom, Pow, Grinding

Now, we're not here to come down on you, that's not what Vail resorts is about OK?

So, we came up with a brilliant idea to give you kids some direction - a motivational speaker!

So what do you want to be when you grow up?

A professional skier.

A professional skier?!?! I dunno, does this look like Bode Miller to you?

Well, we try to encourage our guests to ski.

HUH! Weelllll, the way I hear it is that you haven't been using your ski trips for skiing, you've been using them for ROLLIN DOOBIES!!!!
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 11-08-2017 at 08:56 AM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Don’t think your safe in Slackcountry or even backcountry. I have a couple of buddies who were skinning up Sultan out of Silverton in the middle of nobody and puffin up a storm
    They got back to town and their hotel room ( that little one on the left when you first get to town ) was raided by DEA and NFS.
    Weed possession on federal land.
    During PreTrial they learned they got busted because of remote sensors that detect Weed smells.

Their lawyer said it has been know to get people just carrying weed

They are both looking at three years federal
    Probation

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    next time ask a baker
    yup ^^ the edibles don't need matches, papers don't get wet, the law doesnt care that you are eating a cookie, so way easier to manage on piste altho they tend to hit you in the middle of a turn

so be ready
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Name:  Trump+Troll+Doll+2.png
Views: 419
Size:  775.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yup ^^ the edibles don't need matches, papers don't get wet, the law doesnt care that you are eating a cookie, so way easier to manage on piste altho they tend to hit you in the middle of a turn

so be ready

Quote Originally Posted by SnowTiki View Post
    I'm heading to Vail, CO for a weekend in December; first time there so I'm pretty excited. I know that the entire state of Colorado isn't 420 friendly. I was going to order a cheap marijuana grinder so that it gets here before my trip. I think, as long as it's unused, I can bring it on the plane. My concern is that I get to Vail and they won't let me have it in the resort. A buddy of mine is already in Boulder visiting his family so he's going to be bringing the actual herb but he's not really concerned either way. I don't really mind if they make me toss the grinder; I'm more worried about them actually cancelling my reservations and kicking me out of the resort. Is this a totally irrational fear?

EDIT: Apologies if this is an inappropriate topic - I couldn't find anything in the rules against it.
    First mistake is discussing this on these message boards. It's well known that Vail monitors these boards for such comments and does what they can to make sure you don't light up on the slopes or town. I would fully expect that at least one or two of the message responses are from such undercover Vail employees.
    You can now expect them to up their security game in weekends in December as that is when you said you would be there.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    Here's some real inside dope, as many of u may know I was a volunteer bootpacker for copper patrol for couple years and it is well known within the organization that avalanche dogs are now being cross trained as narc dogs.
    They are pro sniffers and vail dogs are getting training at same facilities as copper patrol dogs. The good news is they quit training the dogs in Belgium so u can use Spanish commands to make them stop, I had a lot of success with commands like "no comida", "salida rapio" followed by "undalay" (sp?)

Just think about the subliminal warning: COPper patrol dog

Op, You getting the picture now?
    i thought dogs cannot be cross trained for scent detection...

since they cannot talk they cannot indicate different scents

police k9 smell drugs
    dogs at airport smell bombs
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

This thread is glorious. keep it going. great advice and hidden gems in here.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    First mistake is discussing this on these message boards. It's well known that Vail monitors these boards for such comments and does what they can to make sure you don't light up on the slopes or town. I would fully expect that at least one or two of the message responses are from such undercover Vail employees.
    You can now expect them to up their security game in weekends in December as that is when you said you would be there.
    ^^^This is true.

They have probably tracked down OP's ip address and figured out his identity. You're probably already blacklisted at Vail Resorts. PM Benny Profane on here, he got blacklisted for giving Vail's breakfast buffet a bad yelp review. Maybe go to Sun Valley, I hear the grinder and weed laws are much more lax in Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    ^^^This is true.
    I hear the grinder and weed laws are much more lax in Idaho.
    +1

and for old time sake

PAD

this is all Jeff Sessions fault.

Damn...does this have to go to polyass now? Sorry guys.

At something like 15 billion dollars a year, the D.E.A.(th) has to do something to justify that budget! Otherwise it might be wasted on something like schools, or taking care of people, or heaven forbid...stopping global warming! Much more productive to prosecute skiers out smoking in the wilderness. Who says Amerikans have no sense of humor?!

You guys are all joking right? Besides OP, who is trolling maybe?

Either way, Im getting paranoid just sitting here at work lol. Im gonna stay out of CO regardless.

also, watch out for those front side grinds, they're stylish as hell but can really leave a mark if you fuck up.
    27° 18°

Wow, yeah, I was concerned it was strict. I wasn't really worried about a pipe because we're using rolling papers but maybe it's too risky. Thanks!

Something nobody mentioned here is that when they legalized Colorado weed, they changed the spec on it. It's torsional rigidity and crush resistance increased in order to get within the new legal protocols laid out by the state. Something to do with the THC ppm in the smoke and the new EPA clean air act laws. I'm not a lawyer, but I think high CBD strains are exempt from this because it doesn't get fish high once it gets into the water system, but don't quote me on that.

Long story short, your non-CO grinder probably isn't even compatible with Colorado weed. So if you bring it, it will probably be worthless anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    Here's some real inside dope, as many of u may know I was a volunteer bootpacker for copper patrol for couple years and it is well known within the organization that avalanche dogs are now being cross trained as narc dogs.
    They are pro sniffers and vail dogs are getting training at same facilities as copper patrol dogs. The good news is they quit training the dogs in Belgium so u can use Spanish commands to make them stop, I had a lot of success with commands like "no comida", "salida rapio" followed by "undalay" (sp?)

Just think about the subliminal warning: COPper patrol dog

Op, You getting the picture now?
    This is so much better, using dogs. Last time I was at Vail they closed I70 down so they could do a car by car search. as luck would have it we only had weed, no grinder.

I can't believe some of you think this is a joke. Fucking, get real. Be wise. Stay out of jail. Nothing worse than serving 4 months mid winter.