Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Looking good Nutmeg!!!

15" in 12 hours, gonna be fun if not a bit damp. 12 % SWE on top,

Stay high this morning...

Groom all the bump runs. Moguls are mistakes.

That’s so cool Nutmeg! How did you arrange to get to ride along? Glad you liked Targhee! Wasn’t sure if I could get away yesterday, but ended up skiing JH yesterday. Even though very wet, had fun making laps off Sublette in Pepi’s, Thunder and then Casper. Had 1 beer and headed straight back over the pass before things got nasty for the drive home. Hopefully you’ll visit next season and we can meet up!

Shout out to freeride systems - I was toasty warm and dry all day!

2017/2018 Jackson Hole/Targhee/Tetons thread

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Thatís so cool Nutmeg! How did you arrange to get to ride along? Glad you liked Targhee! Wasnít sure if I could get away yesterday, but ended up skiing JH yesterday. Even though very wet, had fun making laps off Sublette in Pepiís, Thunder and then Casper. Had 1 beer and headed straight back over the pass before things got nasty for the drive home. Hopefully youíll visit next season and we can meet up!

Shout out to freeride systems - I was toasty warm and dry all day!
    You were in the village???!!!
    How did I not get to meet you??? Argh!!!

Small connection and a nice bottle of 18 year whiskey took me straight up to the top in winch groomer!
    It was one of the coolest experiences Iíve ever had!!

We are definitely going to meet and greet next year.
    Hopefully share some laps and beer as well!
    Last edited by nutmegchoi; 03-23-2018 at 08:44 AM.
    肉豆蔻崔

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    You were in the village???!!!
    How did I not get to meet you??? Argh!!!

Small connection and a nice bottle of 18 year whiskey took me straight up to the top in winch groomer!
    It was one of the coolest experiences I’ve ever had!!

We are definitely going to meet and greet next year.
    Hopefully share some laps and beer as well!
    Yeah, I know! Sorry! I wasn't sure I was even coming over with the weather. My best friend from back east was supposed to be here and we were going to be around all week, but she cancelled. Her mom has pancreatic cancer and is getting enrolled in a research study, so she stayed home to help get that sorted out. We already had 1/2 day scheduled with an instructor that I ski with a few times a year. I was going to cancel, but decided last minute to go ahead and meet up with him. I did keep an eye out for you on the mountain just in case we saw you. Next year for sure!

Looks like an awesome day today. Too bad I had to jet. Fuck.

Sitting at Bubba's stuffing my face to make the pain to away.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Sitting at Bubba's stuffing my face to make the pain to away.
    donít forget to take some TP on the road with you
    skid luxury

Holy fuck. 16 inches of deep love. Ron Jeremy Style. No pics, only skiing for me today.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3539.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	229551

Just spent 5 days camping in the upper section of West Mail Cabin Creek. The base camp allowed us to access many remote (INL, Debbies 88) lines we couldn't access as a day trip. Very pleased to tour over to the delightful tree lines nw of the Doits. The whole set up is north of 100 lbs, so we couldn't have done it without the help of two 20 something porters who were great.

Yardsale, lets see a TR from there!

Have hardly skied with Mrs Snapt due to our crazy schedules, but we had a great morning.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Yardsale, lets see a TR from there!

Have hardly skied with Mrs Snapt due to our crazy schedules, but we had a great morning.

Ahh just connected the dots tgr/ig . Watched the skiing clip. Nice turns. I was pretending it was me

Targhee was a unexpected hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by yardsale2 View Post

Just spent 5 days camping in the upper section of West Mail Cabin Creek. The base camp allowed us to access many remote (INL, Debbies 88) lines we couldn't access as a day trip. Very pleased to tour over to the delightful tree lines nw of the Doits. The whole set up is north of 100 lbs, so we couldn't have done it without the help of two 20 something porters who were great.
    I need to know more about this.
    肉豆蔻崔

Day late and dollar short, but landed in town. Looking forward to enjoying lift lines and sloppy seconds this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Day late and dollar short, but landed in town. Looking forward to enjoying lift lines and sloppy seconds this weekend.
    Warning Bad Attitude: Not that I don't understand how some late night 191 driving can do that to a guy. Reality check=you are on ski vacation in Jackson. The one rule is: make last tram. Remember: no bad snow, just bad skiers. Ski the terrain. Ask your self, what would Foggy do?

No bitching, that is what "too cool to have a good time" people from Colorado do.

^^^^Welcome in Adrenalated, You may be pleasantly surprised with conditions. PM me to connect ifn ya want to.

Yesterdays snow may be even better today. And liftlines, well with the exception of the starting lineup, they shrink pretty rapidly and we've not been stupid busy.

I'm usually hanging on the tram dock early; ask for change. Mustache, headphones, hair...

The tent is from this organization. https://www.snowtrekkertents.com/ It is made from 70z/yard cotton rather than the 10 oz materials commonly used for hunting tents you might by at Cabela's for instance. Weighs 23 lbs and could squeeze 4 small, friendly people. Great for two. The stove is a 10 lb stove made allegedly made from surplus Soviet era titanium from http://fourdog.com/ . Worked great with the dry spruce around here. There are lots of teepee style tents made with synthetics out there that are cheaper and lighter but I can't see how they cope with condensation which is non existant in the snowtrekker tents.

Quote Originally Posted by yardsale2 View Post

now that's how you winter camp.gotta get me one for summer that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Warning Bad Attitude: Not that I don't understand how some late night 191 driving can do that to a guy. Reality check=you are on ski vacation in Jackson. The one rule is: make last tram. Remember: no bad snow, just bad skiers. Ski the terrain. Ask your self, what would Foggy do?

No bitching, that is what "too cool to have a good time" people from Colorado do.
    I was poking fun at my weekend warriorness, I always have fun skiing. GF's first trip here and I'm actually pretty excited about exploring between the ropes a little more than usual. And it just started snowing.

That drive did suck after working all day though.
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I was poking fun at my weekend warriorness, I always have fun skiing. GF's first trip here and I'm actually pretty excited about exploring between the ropes a little more than usual. And it just started snowing.

That drive did suck after working all day though.
    Still need you to make last team buddy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dumped most of the day today, Teton Surf Classic should be entertaining tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Still need you to make last team buddy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    3rd to last cuz that's how the timing worked out and I ain't into fucking around at the base to waste time for arbitrary bragging rights.

Upper half of the mtn was skiing real well, lower half is an ice rink, good stuff. Surprised how uncrowded it is being spring break.

One thing you need to know is that it's really not that hard to ski those areas in a day trip. Still, being out for 5 days is always a good thing.

Fair skiing today for a PPP Saturday. Nine boxes by 1 pm with 4 lower faces. All walk-on.
    No complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    One thing you need to know is that it's really not that hard to ski those areas in a day trip. Still, being out for 5 days is always a good thing.
    We'e in our 60's and the energy expended 3.5 mile round trip just to get to ski lines is better spent climbing and skiing. Also, we START sking before anyone else and can get first tracks on any line we want. Of course, we are usually shooting for second tracks!