Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 864
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Teton Village, WY
    Posts
    159
    Left the village around 9 last night and was surprised to see how much snow had fallen. Light density, but Iím hoping for cowboy cold smoke in the am!

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,349
    Pretty sweet day at the village today.

    Snow was so light that it hid some of the moguls underneath which could make for a wild ride (almost took a guy out when a big old pile of snow turned out to be a mogul that bucked me like a horse. Felt pretty bad but the guy wouldn't take an apology or explanation of what happened )

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    wilson wy
    Posts
    21
    Fun day. Hidden tree stumps got me a few times. I was traversing near lower sublette ridge right when a patroller was pulling ropes and said "have fun." Definitely still grinning about getting a waist-deep untracked field to myself.

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SE Idaho
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by xtine View Post
    Fun day. Hidden tree stumps got me a few times. I was traversing near lower sublette ridge right when a patroller was pulling ropes and said "have fun." Definitely still grinning about getting a waist-deep untracked field to myself.
    Yea that sucks.
    The Hobacks are better when they're closed, keeps the rift raft out.
    Oh well, all good things must come to an end.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    tetons
    Posts
    6,665
    Quote Originally Posted by xtine View Post
    Fun day. Hidden tree stumps got me a few times. I was traversing near lower sublette ridge right when a patroller was pulling ropes and said "have fun." Definitely still grinning about getting a waist-deep untracked field to myself.
    ooh that had not opened yet this winter so I bet it was good

    yea the light density snow is nice but just floofs off the hard moguls. we need more
    skid luxury

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    flatland
    Posts
    2,831
    Wow, seriously? Its floofing... lets be careful out there
    "knowledgeable in escapades of the flesh"

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    102
    Anyone know if there is enough base in Talbot Canyon just west of Taylor to ski at this point?

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marquette MI
    Posts
    2,066
    Anyone have a req for a good solo tour? Can't go up the pass due to trailer. Ideally somewhere with cell coverage.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by yardsale2 View Post
    Anyone know if there is enough base in Talbot Canyon just west of Taylor to ski at this point?
    Skied there yesterday, still pretty thin down low. Observed a new natural in Burbank Creek, and there were two others reported on the BT site, but no mention of them in the forecast. My take would be to still proceed with great caution.

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    102
    Thanks, we'll wait a month.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,297

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Co
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Anyone have a req for a good solo tour? Can't go up the pass due to trailer. Ideally somewhere with cell coverage.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Trailer as in camper or trailer as in you ride a sled? If the former drop it somewhere. The easy to access hills in the park have cell coverage. Pass was pretty spotty.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    5
    Just spent 3 days skiing. You guys who ski this on the reg are blessed.

    First time skiing somewhere other than the east Coast and it was the best skiing of my life. Skied the Hobacks for the final run. Perfect end to the trip. Can't wait to come back.

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Teton Village, WY
    Posts
    159
    Hey Ghee folks, howís it skiing? Headed over with my wife tomorrow. Stoked for some powder and wydaho nachos.

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind the Potato Curtain
    Posts
    3,364
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarloaftrees View Post
    Hey Ghee folks, how’s it skiing? Headed over with my wife tomorrow. Stoked for some powder and wydaho nachos.
    Fantastic, get there early as parking may be an issue, we have a U16 race and college Freeski comp going on so it's busier than normal. I was able to sneak out from 3-4 today and it was primo and filling back in in a hurry.

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Teton Village, WY
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Fantastic, get there early as parking may be an issue, we have a U16 race and college Freeski comp going on so it's busier than normal. I was able to sneak out from 3-4 today and it was primo and filling back in in a hurry.
    Thanks Snapt for the heads up! I bought her a 4 pack and have been waiting for the tide to rise. I appreciate the beta.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,334
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowStain View Post
    Just spent 3 days skiing. You guys who ski this on the reg are blessed.

    First time skiing somewhere other than the east Coast and it was the best skiing of my life. Skied the Hobacks for the final run. Perfect end to the trip. Can't wait to come back.
    WOW. Thanks for that. I needed a reminder. I am blessed to the teeth then. I left the village the last 2 days early because the gaper level was just mind boggling.
    Now, I'm stoked again. After 65 days this season, and 28 years at the vill, I'm going bell to bell today to remind myself where I am and what I do.

    And remember, this place is always here, welcoming your return. Thanks...

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    959
    Skier triggered slides on Albright, Whimpy's and 4 hour yesterday. I just don't get how you would think any of those would be a good call in these conditions.

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moose, Iowa
    Posts
    5,844
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowStain View Post
    Just spent 3 days skiing. You guys who ski this on the reg are blessed.

    First time skiing somewhere other than the east Coast and it was the best skiing of my life. Skied the Hobacks for the final run. Perfect end to the trip. Can't wait to come back.
    Nice. Been visiting JH since I was 4 and I am 46. Always finish my trips with a run down the Hobacks or the lower faces if they are closed.

    Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

  20. #195
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    408
    Ok ladies and gents - Iím considering a last minute trip to meet friends out there this week but not really digging the forecast. Iím guessing the be is skiing great right now but it looks like a warm up tomorrow then some snow weds and Thursday .. Iíd be skiing Tuesday - Thursday and need some local predictive advice. Donít want to take the time and spend the money if itís not going to be good . Whatís your read on things ?

  21. #196
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    408
    Mean the bc

  22. #197
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    408
    Iím mainly concerned with a warm up and refreeze

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Skier triggered slides on Albright, Whimpy's and 4 hour yesterday. I just don't get how you would think any of those would be a good call in these conditions.
    Whimpy's wasn't bad Thursday, pit showed no issues but that was before the snow and wind. Originally were going to do Albright but we made the decision to bail pretty early on after we saw the wind whipping in from west and loading the east facing stuff and knowing that an E-facing slope on 25-Short slide the day before.

    Albright and 4 Hour are just asking for trouble after all this new snow too.

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Whimpy's wasn't bad Thursday, pit showed no issues but that was before the snow and wind. Originally were going to do Albright but we made the decision to bail pretty early on after we saw the wind whipping in from west and loading the east facing stuff and knowing that an E-facing slope on 25-Short slide the day before.

    Albright and 4 Hour are just asking for trouble after all this new snow too.
    IMO, Whimpy's is far more complex and hazardous terrain than people give it credit for, but that's just me.

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    IMO, Whimpy's is far more complex and hazardous terrain than people give it credit for, but that's just me.
    Oh definitely, but you can ski some relatively "safe" terrain with good snow if you're not too stupid or ambitious.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •