Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Anyone catch the King and Queen of Corbet's today? Spoiler alert... I didn't win. But was pretty cool event.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Anyone catch the King and Queen of Corbet's today? Spoiler alert... I didn't win. But was pretty cool event.
    Double back to death was my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    With balls that big he doesn't need to ski with an airbag.

Watched the live feed while in class, that was pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    The front flip to back bounce, was, painful.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    The front flip to back bounce, was, painful.
    Looked like he rode it out then through a three then a spread eagle. Must not have been that painful.

the facebook feed sucked .choppy, not a single landing shot, should have used a drone.no results, not how comps go down, jhmr failed the interwebz

Quote Originally Posted by passholer View Post
    the facebook feed sucked .choppy, not a single landing shot, should have used a drone.no results, not how comps go down, jhmr failed the interwebz
    I thought the format was for the athletes to get together afterwards, view video of the runs, and vote on the winner- a pretty cool format imho. Maybe that will then turn in to some good video to release?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

The vid was pretty bad, I was trying to watch, decided to go skiing myself and come back later for the highlights.

The cork 720 was pretty good, but no idea if it was landed because the vid sucked so bad.

Looked like some high power fancy cams were in attendance so I'm sure that footage will be released sometime next year.

2017/2018 Jackson Hole/Targhee/Tetons thread

Dr. Huckinstuff’s leap was the best IMO. Didn’t land it though but it was sick. So was Sander Hadley’s. Go on TGR insta...it’s all there.

Anyone have beta on the pass today? Or village north?

Watched the huckfest from the woods behind all of you. Safety meeting made waiting easier. Damn that was impressive. Leger was strong off the West wall. Not a soft landing by any stretch, either. Hard to stick that but many came close to a stomp. There's gonna be some broken motherfuckers come sobriety tomorrow.
    "Jhmr failed the interwebz" - yeah, go figure. Fail is their middle name.
    FKNA the bowl was outstanding first lap - 5" overnight on top of wind smoothed chalk. Hero Fo Sho.
    Tram laps first thing tomorrow for any one into speeding down. Long skis, metal tips...

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Oh Yeah - hey Dr. Fugitive, lets talk about those legend pro riders; What a great chance for you to unload those planks... willing to trade 4 village half off vouchers and some cash. Serious as can be. Consider, holla if interested; have other good tradeables. Those skis could pay for the trip...
    This is an intriguing offer. We aren't headed over the pass though and Im not driving. You've been Pm'd

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Liftopia will save you almost as much.
    This is the direction we went.

Super stoked! First time to the ghee. We should be there first chairish on Saturday. Black helmet with change4$0.05, blue jacket, black pantalones, Ogio Flak Jacket with sidecountry kit. Lets do a lap!

Skiing is good. Big wind today. 62mph gust at 8am. Yesterday in R bowl 5" of soft on buffed chalk; today blown flat with 2"-8" cream cheese. Damper snow meant easy resistance turns everywhere. Almost a perfect layer of cake icing. Firsties in RS was sublime.
    I expect the ghee is about the same; except it's on the windward side and maybe a bit foghee. If you can bust a move tomorrow for first chairs, I'd bet it would make the trip worthwhile in one lap.
    Did I mention big wind? next 2 days will be warmish yet howling for a while up high.
    Fugitive - will be in touch to connect, psyched!!

Quote Originally Posted by sugarloaftrees View Post
    Anyone have beta on the pass today? Or village north?
    Granite skiing nice on safe lines. Out is bearable now. Not a ton of traffic so far this year so many bigger lines untouched/unstable...

And about those goats over on mt. hunt. Fine, close Granite. Be just like old times then, running from Goldie and Springer. They could live anywhere from Granite canyon to Montana, but nooooooo...

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    This is an intriguing offer. We aren't headed over the pass though and Im not driving. You've been Pm'd

This is the direction we went.

Super stoked! First time to the ghee. We should be there first chairish on Saturday. Black helmet with change4$0.05, blue jacket, black pantalones, Ogio Flak Jacket with sidecountry kit. Lets do a lap!
    I’m jumping in with a few friends headed up that way tonight as well. Hopefully will be in line for 1st tracks with ya. If you see some on3p’s with Old Glory topsheet say what’s up.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I’m jumping in with a few friends headed up that way tonight as well. Hopefully will be in line for 1st tracks with ya. If you see some on3p’s with Old Glory topsheet say what’s up.
    Hell yeah! On3ps with fish topsheets
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Swiss (Verbier) based, hoping to get to JH for the weekend of 9th Feb. If anyone can help out let me know. More details here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...00#post5245000

Thanks in advance 🙏

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Granite skiing nice on safe lines. Out is bearable now. Not a ton of traffic so far this year so many bigger lines untouched/unstable...

And about those goats over on mt. hunt. Fine, close Granite. Be just like old times then, running from Goldie and Springer. They could live anywhere from Granite canyon to Montana, but nooooooo...
    pretty sure you could stay ahead of goldie, springer might be tougher...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Upper mountain was good this pm until subbie closed. Creamy wind buff filling in everywhere. No extra charge for the subbie spa facial exfoliation package for the last 200 yards of the chair too.

So my ten yo was super excited when I picked him up at the Village today. He said "Dad, I did Corbet's!"
    I asked him "How did it go?"
    He said "Great!!! I slid down the whole thing on my belly!"
    I thought that was about perfect.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

found some dudes snowboard just off the summit of 4pines today on the south. heard it blew away yesterday.
    i moved it up for better visibility, that walk musta sucked. good north west wind buff today

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So my ten yo was super excited when I picked him up at the Village today. He said "Dad, I did Corbet's!"
    haha that's awesome
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Winning!

First time at the ghee today good to ski you aliasrice. Super low viz up top. Angry couple inches of dense graupely goodness. Got 2 laps on marys nip and some untracked. Hoping for shorter lines on sackahjahweedah tomorrow and better viz but we will take whatever ullr gives. 2x deeper base then 4 hrs south.

Good to meet you django and hear the stories of jackson and the af! It is my next roadtrip when I get the hall pass. And most importantly enjoy those lp's! I am stoked that they will get skied on a hill they are worthy of by a proper skibum!

tj's pizzeria in driggs gets 2 thumbs up
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Curious what that is.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague