Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    Tom Turiano's Teton Skiing book is the best. It's now out of print but you're in luck. when andrew and I came together we each owned a copy so I'll send you our extra
    pm me your new addy- house warming gift!
    Holy shit! That it a very generous offer. My wife had to pay too much for a new copy when my old ski partner "took" it with when he left. I could (and do) stare at the book for hours on end.

That's quite an offer. Wow!
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Tom Turiano's Teton Skiing book is the best. It's now out of print but you're in luck. when andrew and I came together we each owned a copy so I'll send you our extra
    pm me your new addy- house warming gift!
    woah I was out of town and came back to this you rock!!

Ended up driving out to Targhee Saturday night and drove back last night. Had a helluva day and wished I could have stayed longer. It was nice to ski something other than wrod this year. Is that place always so uncrowded? It's like solitude was a few years ago.

ain't no big thang the mbillie's are my chums

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Ended up driving out to Targhee Saturday night and drove back last night. Had a helluva day and wished I could have stayed longer. It was nice to ski something other than wrod this year. Is that place always so uncrowded? It's like solitude was a few years ago.
    yea Targhee is skiing great. JH too- but all up high. super uncrowded here right now. Sunday it was dumping and we had practically the whole mtn to ourselves. holler next time your round these parts

may ullr send you all some more snow as well
    skid luxury

ain't no big thang the mbillie's are my chums

yea Targhee is skiing great. JH too- but all up high. super uncrowded here right now. Sunday it was dumping and we had practically the whole mtn to ourselves. holler next time your round these parts

may ullr send you all some more snow as well
    Will do. If these don't change here soon I may start making frequent trips. It's only a little over 4 hours from my driveway to the ticket office.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    No it's usually so crowded you can't even see the top.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Alright, I can swing some time off work later this week, and there's a great deal on flights to SLC.

Conditions at Targhee and JHMR look prime for early season... how is coverage on the Pass for a day or two of touring? Lots of hungry sharks lurking around? I'm undecided if this is a good idea or not. Seems like temps will stay below freezing w/ the high pressure front through the weekend, keeping the snow purdy for a few days. I'm pretty sure the answer is "hell yes, do it", but just wanted a confirmation before pulling the trigger...

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Alright, I can swing some time off work later this week, and there's a great deal on flights to SLC.

Conditions at Targhee and JHMR look prime for early season... how is coverage on the Pass for a day or two of touring? Lots of hungry sharks lurking around? I'm undecided if this is a good idea or not. Seems like temps will stay below freezing w/ the high pressure front through the weekend, keeping the snow purdy for a few days. I'm pretty sure the answer is "hell yes, do it", but just wanted a confirmation before pulling the trigger...
    Kind of a long haul for no new snow in 5ish days by the time you get here. The ice fishing should be going by then though so there's that.

The village is skiing like this: Manmade apres vous is hard and fast with a sugar surface.Casper and Teton are excellent on piste and good off for a solid crud skier. The big mtn. is skiing excellent on all choices. Tram opens tomorrow. R-trail was a DH run yesterday. Almost no one onslope except the occasional Schoolers in the way. Cheyenne bowl is carvy chalk under 2-6" of soft. OB south to Cody back in is very good with a long trav. back to Moose creek. Four pines was knee deep 3 days ago...

^^
    Thanks, lots of folks from here talking about a road trip.
    Think I’ll wait till the next refresh, but appreciate the reports.

we were north facing chalk hunters today and it was good fun
    still thin conditions but mostly skiing well and hardly anyone out skiing
    skid luxury

We always go "uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh" when we hit that tower you went by because then your voice goes "ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh". It sounded funny without it.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    We always go "uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh" when we hit that tower you went by because then your voice goes "ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh". It sounded funny without it.
    haha totally, like when you go ahhhh while getting karate chops on your back
    skid luxury

Exactly. No matter what the conversation is, everybody stops, goes "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" while the tower goes by, then continues like nothing happened. Kip Attaway does a song with a guy beating on his back like that.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Tucker Hibbert was the guest on my podcast this week.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...e/id1296973478

We talked about snowmobiling, his Alta Wyoming roots, his love of MTB, and how he's still an undefeated ski racer and much more..

https://mtnweekly.com/series/snowboard-podcast

Just booked my first visit to JH for 2/28 - 3/4 with a half dozen massholes. Will hopefully bring snow with us.

Sent from my SM-G935P using TGR Forums mobile app

Pow Day!
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Not bad turns today. Spotted actor Ethan Hawke in the Casper Lodge also. He was gaping, but I do enjoy training day and boyhood, so there’s that

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

xmas crowds saved again...pow

http://www.jhavalanche.org/viewTeton

I'm working today but y'all better not be, 15" at the Ghee, get it!!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    I'm working today but y'all better not be, 15" at the Ghee, get it!!
    Crazy how buried Victor is compared to Driggs today, be safe out there, roads are pretty Western.

Not great today. Nope. Definitely didn’t ski waist deep shots for several hours. Terrible.

Coming out first time January 24th. Pumped to see the snow falling!!!

Be careful. Lots of avalanches..