Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    Hey local maggots - I plan on roadtripping up to Bear tooth pass for shredfest june 15-17. Anyone else interested in going? A dawn caravan through the parks to arrive at 11k above sea level by 9 am. Sick camping, partying and...skiing! yay. Hike to and lift service. Cool,funky Red Lodge has motels for the soft and bars for the hard.

Can you dig it?

Iím interested, but would be coming from the Bozeman area ... I have switched teams!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The trip is on my radar, if I have the time I am tempted

Any word on where snowline is on the trail to garnet these days? I've fallen off the ski wagon the past couple weekends but need to get back on while the snow lasts. thanks

Update: there are a couple snow patches on the trail beforehand but continuous snow is slightly before the meadows. great skiing up high but the snow won't last long with this heat.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0749.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	237906

^^^Awesome pic l^^^ Where is that?

Does anyone know who is the anon donor purchasing the Moulton property and donating it to GTNP?

Buckrail
    Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    ^^^Awesome pic l^^^ Where is that?

Does anyone know who is the anon donor purchasing the Moulton property and donating it to GTNP?

Buckrail
    no idea, but seems a little greedy/myopic to use it for employee housing, imho.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

It should be a souvenir stand!
    With an espresso bar!
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It should be a souvenir stand!
    With an espresso bar!
    Why not make it a Dornanís 2? Throw in a Chuckwagon, pizza joint, bar, wine shop, gas, fly shop, gear shop. The whole 9 yards. Hell, a bison petting station on the side wouldĒd be nice also

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Hell, a bison petting station on the side would”d be nice also
    "No goring guaranteed or your money back!"
    go Go GO!

17-18: 80! 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Threadshift / Just got my 18-19 pass. $1399 for everyday plus 5 - 1/2 off buddy vouchers. 1/2 off a daily ticket at any Mtn. collective ski area, anytime. Free tram rides all summer.

Helps keep my head straight during these other 3 seasons.

Pretty sure my first pass back in 1990 cost $1295.

Right there with ya. Job change ended my free ride for the past six years. Counting the days till winter now. I'm guessing I'll bag another 10 days or so now that I'm paying full freight.

I'm pretty sure the last time I bought a pass it was about the same cost with the 30 percent off August rate plus access to other kick-ass mountains, sweeet

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Right there with ya. Job change ended my free ride for the past six years. Counting the days till winter now. I'm guessing I'll bag another 10 days or so now that I'm paying full freight.

I'm pretty sure the last time I bought a pass it was about the same cost with the 30 percent off August rate plus access to other kick-ass mountains, sweeet
    Did you get your pass already? They changed the pass price/timing this year. August price in the spring now...

bought mine this month too- gets me at least some summer privileges

have fun up at beartooth gang
    I'd go but I have a bday party for a friend turning 50! gotta be there to celebrate a good ol half century and then a baby show sunday- quite the juxtaposition
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Did you get your pass already? They changed the pass price/timing this year. August price in the spring now...
    Yeah, bought her on my birthday back in May. Treat yo self!
    Live Free or Die

The Sego boys lighting up the 4th of July parade in Victor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sego.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	355.4 KB 
ID:	240618
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Heading out for a backpacking trip in the Tetons starting Monday but have all my 2-wheeled toys in tow. Really sketched about trailhead break-ins. Is it a thing in GTNP? Any mags wanna do me a huge solid and babysit a set of bikes in exchange for a sixer or two? Sun-Thurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Heading out for a backpacking trip in the Tetons starting Monday but have all my 2-wheeled toys in tow. Really sketched about trailhead break-ins. Is it a thing in GTNP? Any mags wanna do me a huge solid and babysit a set of bikes in exchange for a sixer or two? Sun-Thurs.
    Generally, no, it's not a thing.

But, shit happens....

Sure, I can store them for ya. Plenty of room in garage, pm me...

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    I can't believe you dare visit with how hellish Jackson apparently is
    I would say zero worries on the bikes/ break ins as well but since we spoke about it, ol Murphy and his laws have come into play, so maybe better drop them with one of us
    we also have garage space avail if need be, on the S end of town, but guessing you'll be in the park and Djongo's place is on the way to the park too
    the wildflowers are starting to go off in the higher elevations
    skid luxury

I need to do some research but how easy would it be to sneak a quick shuttle ride off the pass on a sat morning? Just got a new nomad recently and have to be down Jackson way for a wedding next weekend for the wife's friend. Super quick weekend from Bozeman but hoping to sneak a quick lap or two in before the wedding(need to check what time its at too). Thanks guys

Didn't think it warranted a thread in sprockets.

Super duper easy, IMO.
    Especially if you only have time for one run (leave car up top, lock bike at bottom and hitch back to car without bike).
    Two laps can be a crapshoot.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

^second it being super easy and do it! sometimes I shuttle my hubby on the DH trails and he is at the bottom faster riding than I am driving the car
    all well signed and ride-arounds for everything big, so easy to navigate quickly too
    Even if you do more of the "xc" rides on the pass (blacks canyon, phillips) if you shuttle them you can easily be done in 2-3 hours depending on group pace. nice looong downhills
    skid luxury

Awesome. Thanks for the quick replys guys! If ya see a white and black 4runner with MT plates and blue nomad on the roof give a honk or say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    ^second it being super easy and do it! sometimes I shuttle my hubby on the DH trails and he is at the bottom faster riding than I am driving the car
    all well signed and ride-arounds for everything big, so easy to navigate quickly too
    Even if you do more of the "xc" rides on the pass (blacks canyon, phillips) if you shuttle them you can easily be done in 2-3 hours depending on group pace. nice looong downhills
    Ah, the Jackson cyclist.

shuttle the downhill trails because they canít pedal their pig bikes and body armor up the hill.

shuttle the xc trails because they donít want to pedal their xc bikes up the hill on that sweet single track

buy an e-bike because the bike paths and flat valley roads are just too difficult

buy a gravel bike because of the traffic on the roads

On the other hand I'll pass on giving myself a heart attack biking up Teton Pass on a 30lb downhill bike.

We all have nothing on that old guy who runs up the pass dragging a tire every morning. Although I think our schedules are different as I haven't seen him as much lately.
    Live Free or Die