Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29
    Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    Ah, the Jackson cyclist.

shuttle the downhill trails because they canít pedal their pig bikes and body armor up the hill.

shuttle the xc trails because they donít want to pedal their xc bikes up the hill on that sweet single track

buy an e-bike because the bike paths and flat valley roads are just too difficult

buy a gravel bike because of the traffic on the roads
    sorry but your generalizations dont work on me,man
    believe the question was how to fit in a quick ride during a wedding visit. hence the shuttling rec.

I ride up, I ride down, I ride all zee way around
    skid luxury

Iím a Jackson cyclist. Ride my bike to the Coach liquor store and the calico. Those damn bike paths do get difficult. Wish they made em a little wider for the ride home. Maybe you can shuttle me one of these days, TG.

Lifelink - I live at the base of the pass. Will be on a river that day but if youíre riding early enough on the morning, Iíd be happy to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Iím a Jackson cyclist. Ride my bike to the Coach liquor store and the calico. Those damn bike paths do get difficult. Wish they made em a little wider for the ride home. Maybe you can shuttle me one of these days, TG.

Lifelink - I live at the base of the pass. Will be on a river that day but if youíre riding early enough on the morning, Iíd be happy to help you out.
    Appreciate the offer. It looks like I'm gonna decide how long a ride I can squeeze in on Friday now. Depending when we get out of town (most likely early am) I might be able to get a bigger ride in. Wife should be able to shuttle or I can have her drop me at a trailhead while she goes fishing. Apparently we're doing the tourist raft thing on sat before wedding, which is fine but I'd rather just drag one of our boats down and fish.

Anyways thanks again guys. Oh and now we're prob be in my tundra since the rear diff decided to blow up in the 4runner...

I'm looking to come to Jackson for a few days of fun + the half marathon on 9/1. If I end up flying into SLC and out of Jackson or into Jackson and out of SLC, are there any good bus or shuttle options between the two? I'd like to rent a car while I'm in the area and not pay a one way drop-off fee. I'm planning to stay near Driggs, so we'll definitely need a car.

there is a shuttle from SLC-JH and vice versa http://www.mountainstatesexpress.com/
    it's antiquated in that you might still need to call to set up but we've done it several times

but I bet a SLC pick-up JH drop off or vice versa rental car might not be that uncommon/ expensive as you think. seems like people do that more frequently so it might be easier to do the one way than in other places
    skid luxury

Thanks for the info bbear. I made a reservation for JH pickup and SLC dropoff - turns it out it isn't that expensive for a one-way drop-off between the two, about $50 more for 6 days. I just assumed it'd be hundreds extra like I've seen elsewhere and didn't even look into it. Thanks!