Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    135 of 136 days this season. Took one off on purpose. For me the perfection lies in the imperfection. Get that bonus day tomorrow though; just me and 144 other daily kooks...
    Nice job man. Have fun tomorrow!

Great day with Djongo in JH. Fun way to close out and really good pow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1523237305.271141.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	849.5 KB 
ID:	231710Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1523237330.433642.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	316.8 KB 
ID:	231711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1523237353.494329.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	314.5 KB 
ID:	231712
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

good stuff lately kids. it was good till the last drop this past w/e
    Swerve! welcome back
    skid luxury

2017/2018 Jackson Hole/Targhee/Tetons thread

135 of 136 days this season. Took one off on purpose. For me the perfection lies in the imperfection. Get that bonus day tomorrow though; just me and 144 other daily kooks...
    You skied more within a year than I snowboarded over 11 years.
    No wonder how you ski the way you ski.
    Maybe I should make a shirt “I skied with Djongo”. lol
    Solid work, Djongo!

Pretty fun day, skied with 'Whyturn' from down UT way. Made the best of 6-10" on yesterdays firm refreeze event. Lapped prolly 15 chairs in a few hours. Thanks, B. - hope to moto with you this summer.

Closing day at 496", 108" of which fell prior to opening; much melted before turkey day. That final 4" to get to 500" fell during today. Marketing will jump on that...

Nice job Djongo. I got 106 of 136 at the village, but due to the volunteer employee pass, I don’t get a 100 day patch. I’m at 127 for the season and will probably get to 150 between the pass and the park, but doubt ill get a shot at 183 this calendar year, there is always next year! I need a few days off after last weekend. Corbett was so filled in this past week we played the game of how many laps can we get in a day, then stepped it up the next day to how many different ways we can get in, and, well, I’m pretty good at getting up when I crash, but my body is feeling it this week.

Djongo is right, marketing was already jumping all over 500” by noon yesterday. It doesn’t tell the story because we really didnt get close to that during the 4 months the village was open. There was always good snow to ski this winter, and it was my best winter in Jackson by far, but it was no where near as good as last winter. We never had any of those deep storm days Jackson is famous for. Those were in October and November and we had to earn those turns. We didnt (well officially they didnt open )get the Hobacks until late January because of the rain that fell on Thanksgiving. With out that rain storm, we might of opened wall to wall on Black Friday.

It was one hell of a season, sorry I didnt get to ski with many mags this year. I fell into the local rut (if that exists) where I just show up with my avi bag ever day, make plans with what ever partners I find, and go from there. I’m bad at making plans, sorry. Ill try to be better next year.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Baller. Ski you next year at Soli (unless I get to JH first)
    Decisions Decisions

It turned out to be a great season. Just goes to say that it isn’t over ‘till the fat lady sings. All those early season doom and gloom people didn’t get me down.

Yeah I fell short (not by too far) of 100. Very busy & fun winter. We lived in Moose and got to do lots of playing x-c skiing, snowmobiles, plowing, etc. Shop was great, many thanks to all the mags who stopped by.

I’m psyched I got to attend BBI18BS. Awesome. I recommend all maggots do the same.

We got a lot of fun stuff going on.

“Watch for the Revolution, it’s coming soon” -S
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

That is sick. I got 4 years of 80+ days in college, but that was at Holiday Valley. Pretty sparse since then.
    Hoping to hit 135 days total in the next 30 years LOL. Maybe when I retire.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    That is sick. I got 4 years of 80+ days in college, but that was at Holiday Valley. Pretty sparse since then.
    Hoping to hit 135 days total in the next 30 years LOL. Maybe when I retire.
    Damn—I’m more impressed by the holiday valley days! I grew up skiing there and at cockaigne (had to check spelling there)...

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    It was one hell of a season, I fell into the local rut (if that exists) where I just show up with my avi bag ever day, make plans with what ever partners I find, and go from there. I’m bad at making plans, sorry. Ill try to be better next year.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    the longer your here the longer the" local rut". just easier and partners know where to find you.
    great season indeed. not getting a 100 days anymore but after finishing up with 20 yrs. of a 100 day average as of last yr. i'm taking it slow now in spring.putting my energy in looking for brown gold now.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5x6.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	231998
    like this

Thank you Flowing, Nutmeg, Brock, Yeahman, and Warthog for the kudos. This season is my most consecutive days. Not sure if I'll be motivated to go that hard in the future. Big commitment in time, money, energy and motivation. I was making up for lost time from my forced exile.

(For SIJ, rolling to the vill from Moose adds a whole extra dimension to that equation. It's hard for me, but you gots a family and a life. Way harder...Solid Bruddah.)

And besides it's just a number; one more unimportant thing. We do what we do.

- Cdubski - we got to talkin about Holiday valley. I concur. 80 days there would be monumental. Skied there for a few days as a high schooler while visiting family in Salamanca. It was big and exciting back then...Also explains how warthog can be a Florida man and still ski like a Mofo. (Just did the math on that D.)

- Passholer - Nice fuckin Royal man!!! wasn't sure what ' brown gold ' was gonna look like.

- Skibrd - The only way out of that rut is to get so many Pow turns, that eventually you will insist on skiing with friends at every chance.' No friends on a pow day? ' turns into always friends on a pow day!

Way to hammer on Corbets every which-a-ways!...next year we blow up the ramp w/2 pounders.
    I shit you not, I saw more intermediates in the cooler this year than in any five years. Welcome to the Pussification of JH.

100% money on yer words. Truth. Keep up the solid work... keeping your nose to the stone in JH. Ski ya next one...

And Oh yeah, I grabbed you a 100 day patch ifn ya really want one...

(Just did the math on that D.)
    Working every day at Alpine Ski Rental, classes done by 12:30 every day in the winter, and night skiing sure helped. 90% of that time was spent ripping bump runs down Chute, with the occasional trip over to The Wall. I'm not sure I would ever call HV big and exciting, but having it 20 min. away, and getting 3 ft lake effect dumps made it an awesome 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Working every day at Alpine Ski Rental, classes done by 12:30 every day in the winter, and night skiing sure helped. 90% of that time was spent ripping bump runs down Chute, with the occasional trip over to The Wall. I'm not sure I would ever call HV big and exciting, but having it 20 min. away, and getting 3 ft lake effect dumps made it an awesome 4 years.
    - Well hell, that explains a lot.
    - For this kid from the mid-atlantic,( stomping it at 'Ski Liberty") Holiday Valley was indeed exciting.
    - The Wall ; forgot about THAT. Dang.
    - And for all the snow I've seen in JH, 3' dumps are ultra-rare. FKNA.

- Flowing, hell yeah we will. I'm gonna find you a kewl sticker foyo trubs.
    What's the odds of you getting to Beartooth this spring?

Straight junk show of skiers with pow fever on the pass this morning. Road cut under twin skied and slid, 10+ cars basically blocking traffic waiting for parking. Good times.

Looking super deep though! 20" at the ghee.

Play smart kids.
    Live Free or Die

twins roadcut goes natural more often than skier triggered, i have been hit by a natural slide there more than 10 yrs ago.

I was sitting right there and could see the ski tracks going in as I waited for about 10 dudes and a couple dogs to walk around it from the lower lot, it was pretty clear what was the cause. It was pretty aggro up there.

Today was very poor form, but things did seem to have improved over last year in terms of people not being jabronis until now. Sucks this happened AGAIN due to morons.
    Live Free or Die

^^^^^^Adiron - Dude, your avatar is one of my faves. That chick (?) is so fucking funny. One can just speculate on what's going on there...

Haha, I've always appreciated her total appearance of just not giving a fuck.
    Live Free or Die

Targhee was most pleasant. this am.

Third hand info, they are waiting for the people whose vehicles are on top to retrieve them so they can control. Gonna be a lot of extra traffic in the canyon this afternoon if that's correct...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Well that sucks. This is going to cost me at least a couple hundo between lost wages and extra gas if that's true.
    Live Free or Die

It was on the Teton Valley Community FB page.

Just got a text saying 4-6 hours from now.

Of course yesterday's 2-4 hour estimate opened twenty minutes later...good luck!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I think WDOT is not amused.

Looks like you were right Ty, http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/this_j...cd0361377.html

FACK
    Live Free or Die