Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    I took some random guy from Mt Bohemia up Mary’s this morning. He was a rippin skier and had a huge grin on his face. If you’re a mag, good skiing with ya!

Saw the bird fly out today. Standing on a cornice?

From JHMR:
    Skier Seriously Injured in Backcountry adjacent to Jackson Hole Mountain Resort

(Teton Village, WY March 27, 2018) It is with regret that Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR) reports a skier was seriously injured in Cody Bowl, in the Bridger-Teton backcountry located south of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.

At approximately 10:30 am JHMR Ski Patrol received a call reporting an injured skier at the bottom of No Shadows on the Cody Peak backcountry. The skier most likely was standing on the cornice at the top in-between Four Shadows and No Shadows when the snow gave way and the skier fell the length of the run. Ski Patrol immediately sent responders and arrived on the scene at 10:58 am. JH Ski Patrol called Teton County Search and Rescue (TCSAR) to assist with a helicopter evacuation and TCSAR began transport out of the backcountry at 11:26 am. The skier was then flown out and transported to Easter Idaho Regional Medical Center for further treatment.

Another Tuesday. Go check out my boy Stackhouse at the Mangy Moose. He's good. Tell him Mr. Matt sent ya. Request "Gin n Juice" for me please. You can thank me later.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Saw the bird fly out today. Standing on a cornice?

From JHMR:
    Skier Seriously Injured in Backcountry adjacent to Jackson Hole Mountain Resort

(Teton Village, WY March 27, 2018) It is with regret that Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR) reports a skier was seriously injured in Cody Bowl, in the Bridger-Teton backcountry located south of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.

At approximately 10:30 am JHMR Ski Patrol received a call reporting an injured skier at the bottom of No Shadows on the Cody Peak backcountry. The skier most likely was standing on the cornice at the top in-between Four Shadows and No Shadows when the snow gave way and the skier fell the length of the run. Ski Patrol immediately sent responders and arrived on the scene at 10:58 am. JH Ski Patrol called Teton County Search and Rescue (TCSAR) to assist with a helicopter evacuation and TCSAR began transport out of the backcountry at 11:26 am. The skier was then flown out and transported to Easter Idaho Regional Medical Center for further treatment.
    I'm not going to post his name but FUCK. He's a great dude. (((vibes)))

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

Seems like most locals are kinda over it already; not many skiing except weekends.
    that’s bc they all left on their fancy island spring break vacations

also got off the plane to hear about Bryce, one of our besties being in the terrible cody cornice accident. very sad times to come home to
    skid luxury

The village is eerily empty. Walk on trams all day and the bowl has been riding like a dream... creamy smooth. Hilarious though because I've never seen so many box downloaders clutching skis/boards... was a bit windy though but viz wasn't that bad. Sun peeking in and out all day. Gets into mush fest from mid on downward though, and watching all the tourists falling on their butt survival mode trying to get down.

Skied with 'thefrush' and his 2 Cali bros the last 2 days and had a blast. Thanks for connecting us Snapt. A new ski friendship genuinely formed.

Solid guys: timely, easy going, flexible and humble.

We made 5/10 conditions into 7/10 by staying extremely safe and their positive attitude was just unsinkable.

Unflinching in the face of my constant disclaimers of how shitty this could get. Tons of fun fellas, thanks... -Djongo

Is there a cooler dude out there than Djongo? Solid solid dude
    Decisions Decisions

Skied with 'thefrush' and his 2 Cali bros the last 2 days and had a blast. Thanks for connecting us Snapt. A new ski friendship genuinely formed.

We made 5/10 conditions into 7/10 by staying extremely safe and their positive attitude was just unsinkable.

Unflinching in the face of my constant disclaimers of how shitty this could get. Tons of fun fellas, thanks... -Djongo
    Nice work, we'll have to connect one of these days, doubt I'll be back to the village this season unfortunately.

Brock - wow, hey man thanks so much. I appreciate you saying that. I thoroughly enjoyed skiing with you and would like to ski about 5000 more days witcha. And just so ya know, you didn't miss anything on that 15" day. hard to believe but true. Our two short stack days were better, and in hindsight, I'd make that trade any day. Bust a move to BBI 19 ifn ya can. Hope to see ya there, unless you can bop into JH this summer first.

Snapt- it's just a tiny mountain range that separates us, we'll have to get up for a brew this spring. I'm over the hill and back a lot in the dry season on my moto so lets make it happen.

You, connecting me with your bud 'thefrush' is what appeals to me here. He was just like skiing with a bud, his friends were as fun as could be...making some ok skiing really fun and making new friends. That just overshadows the marginal snow. Which they incessantly thought was great. I laughed a shitton with those guys really hard. Awesomeness.
    - I hope they plan on some BBI19 action too. Frush, Nerby, Sherm?

- Nutmeg, have I met your polarity challenged Professor? Hmm. Intriguing that one...

Todays chalk to creamed corn buffet was delicious.

2017/2018 Jackson Hole/Targhee/Tetons thread

Djongo, I would never travel long distance with the professor.
    Couple years ago I was in Jay Peak with her.
    She lost her car key at the mountain because she left her pocket opened.
    I had to drive her to Newark airport so she can rent a car (she lives in Jersey).
    She was wearing my clothes head to toe because she locked all her luggage in her car.
    She also had to borrow $200 because she has no money.
    2 day over the weekend (cheap) ski trip end up costing her couple thousand (rental car, new car keys, airfare to Vermont, shuttle from airport to Jay Peak...).
    Stupid me had another trip with her after that and learned my lesson for the second time.
    Maybe I should start a thread about “Professor”.

She wants to tag along me and C’s trip and I never answered.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Djongo, I would never travel long distance with the professor.
    Couple years ago I was in Jay Peak with her.
    She lost her car key at the mountain because she left her pocket opened.
    I had to drive her to Newark airport so she can rent a car (she lives in Jersey).
    She was wearing my clothes head to toe because she locked all her luggage in her car.
    She also had to borrow $200 because she has no money.
    2 day over the weekend (cheap) ski trip end up costing her couple thousand (rental car, new car keys, airfare to Vermont, shuttle from airport to Jay Peak...).
    Stupid me had another trip with her after that and learned my lesson for the second time.
    Maybe I should start a thread about “Professor”.

She wants to tag along me and C’s trip and I never answered.
    I remember this story. Funny from a readers perspective. Sucked for you I'm sure. Good times. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I remember this story. Funny from a readers perspective. Sucked for you I'm sure. Good times. Lol

Stowe over Christmas to New Year’s.
    Minute we walked into Airbnb studio she breaks bedside light and blames the stand.
    “It wasn’t me! It was the table!!”

2017/2018 Jackson Hole/Targhee/Tetons thread

Did a quick pass lap on the way into town yesterday. Coming back to the car we witnessed this and saw we were parked in.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0114.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	211.5 KB 
ID:	230522

As we got closer we discovered it was more than just being parked in (white truck is my buddy's)

Name:	IMG_0116.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	219.5 KB 
ID:	230523

Name:	IMG_0108.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	230524

The semi driver hit the cars WHILE being pulled over! Somehow my buddy's truck is completely fine, but I felt bad for the owner of the other car. Truck driver was completely clueless and never even apologized. He was totally prepared for the weather though.

Name:	IMG_0117.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	262.1 KB 
ID:	230526

Then this idiot showed up

Name:	IMG_0115.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	439.1 KB 
ID:	230528

At least the skiing was fun, albeit windy. No skiing pictures as my fingers were too dang cold.

Name:	IMG_0107.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	230529

Got to follow the f'er all the way down the pass too. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0118.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	399.0 KB 
ID:	230530

Hey what's the deal with no trailers on the pass? Other than situations like this which happen on every pass in NA, is there a reason? Is it year round or just winter? We just thought it was strange when we were there. Teton Pass is nowhere near the gnarliest or narrowest, I've seen hudge campers getting towed over Red Mountain Pass and Independence pass all the time.

And that Taco makes me miss my old truck.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Hey what's the deal with no trailers on the pass? Other than situations like this which happen on every pass in NA, is there a reason? Is it year round or just winter? We just thought it was strange when we were there. Teton Pass is nowhere near the gnarliest or narrowest, I've seen hudge campers getting towed over Red Mountain Pass and Independence pass all the time.

I'll let a local chime in, I thought the same thing after living in CO.

Red is super nar with the narrowness and dropoff's to death but Teton Pass is steeper with grades approaching 10%. I think that is the reason.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Red is super nar with the narrowness and dropoff's to death but Teton Pass is steeper with grades approaching 10%. I think that is the reason.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yup, I used the google, what a way to spend a Saturday morning :roll eyes:

I didn't realize it was that steep. Most in CO don't go over 7-8%. And yeah, it's only Nov-April.

http://www.jhavalanche.org/stations.php
    measuring 6" new in two hrs.
    don't be a late april fool

Quote Originally Posted by passholer View Post
    http://www.jhavalanche.org/stations.php
    measuring 6" new in two hrs.
    don't be a late april fool
    Gonna be a good day!

Massively fun couple of days with you sir! Thanks so much for taking us on your magic carpet ride. It was a blast ripping around the mountain with you. I look forward to spending more time in the Tetons and I think next year's BBi will have to be on my calendar as well!
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Thanks Frush for the kind, cool words. So much fun, seriously. I'll be needling you (and the boys)to make slc happen... bring your high level ripping to the party.

So about that snow; hmmmm. 14" in 12 hrs . 9-10%swe, 440 miles of wind. Pretty sweet fun, first box R. bowl fairly skied up, managed to find a far line untracked.
    Sliced it, diced it; boottop smooth hero snow (on the 195 super 7s, frush) into Cheyenne bowl for kneeedeeep steeeep treeeees, wheeeeee. Coupla laps up high again then an almost firstie lap in RS, then another cause it was only a one car wait .
    Ran into the wall in the split rock cause last nights dump overloaded that big lump and it fell into the gap. Blind entry Rock ricochet to small refrigerator of marshmallow. Been that kinda season, hitting stuff blindly.

Typical snow got worked after a flopping but the right skis with wax (mine)blasted the crud till about noon thirty. Dense clouds with big sucker holes kept the snow cool for a while but eventually she sets up and notices us hammering on her.

Yup, I used the google, what a way to spend a Saturday morning :roll eyes:

I didn't realize it was that steep. Most in CO don't go over 7-8%. And yeah, it's only Nov-April.
    10% Grade and it gets super narrow during mid winter storm cycles and causes these things to jacknife left and right. Add in that they often ignore the summer 60,000 weight limit and these things crash and make a mess all winter long despite the closure. This year seems to have been a bit better since enforcement has been stepped up. The sheriffs and WSP are super responsive when you report semis.

Also the pass is a critical route for a lot of commuters. A spun out or jackknifed trailer impacts a lot of people. Probably why enforcement has been bumped up. It is surprising how many trailers you still see going over the pass.