Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Good skiing last weekend. Sorry to miss you again schwerty.
    Showed my little bro around a bit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2579.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	479.4 KB 
ID:	226081Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2577.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	226082Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5560.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	985.2 KB 
ID:	226083

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    which version?

Name:	IMG_4607.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	226094

Name:	IMG_4608.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	226095

One of the best live rock bands is coming to town in August. Officially booked as of this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    One of the best live rock bands is coming to town in August. Officially booked as of this morning.
    Permit is approved. There is no offer out to band, no signed contract with promoter yet. That's the next step. Not sure about the 9p mandated ending time, should be at least until 10 or so.
    Help > Slip > > Frank!

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    That’s a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by cdubski View Post
    That’s a bit of a stretch.
    As is everything else he posts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Django, are you a new-ish poster or just a new username. Seems like you are holding in down in as the JH ambassador. No disrespect Baby Bear but you got a job and all.

Maggot tour guides in the most rad of place is the way it is supposed to be. Keep it up!
    haha yes thanks to django for holding down the fort while I'm busy
    wedding is over tmrw though, so skiing will be back on top as my main hobby
    honeymooning in la grave- thnx to your recs. can't wait

it will probably blizzard here in Jackson the whole time we're gone too, so you're welcome everyone
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    haha yes thanks to django for holding down the fort while I'm busy
    wedding is over tmrw though, so skiing will be back on top as my main hobby
    honeymooning in la grave- thnx to your recs. can't wait

it will probably blizzard here in Jackson the whole time we're gone too, so you're welcome everyone
    Totally forgot about that. PM me when you are in La Grave if you have any questions or need pointing in the right direction. Get coffee and beers at The Castillian and you will see everyone you want to see. Don't be afraid to ask questions at the little guide shop down by the lift. You can buy your lift tickets at the Castillian (and other lodging) for less than the walk up. Go walk around town and down by the river at night.

"Joey skied La Voute sas cord!" the meaning of this as a Jackson Local will become clear (ask Andrew).

Pizza at the place across from the Skiers Lodge. Burgers at the Skiers Lodge. Fancy dinner at the place downstairs and underneath where the ATM is. Crepes at the place next to The Castillian. Breakfast and lunch from the market.

What a day! Anyone got some Pontoons/Pow Boards they want to unload?
    Last edited by snapt; 03-04-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Just landed back in boston after a few pretty great days at JH. First time but we'll be back. Awesome mountain, snow was great, and people were almost universally pretty cool/chill.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    What a day! Anyone got some Pontoons/Pow Boards they want to unload?
    We actually have a pair of K2 Darksides in 180 with alpine bindings that we'd sell for $100. Got em a few years ago from Valdez Heli Ski and never used them.

Sent from my HTC6535LRA using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Totally forgot about that. PM me when you are in La Grave if you have any questions or need pointing in the right direction. Get coffee and beers at The Castillian and you will see everyone you want to see. Don't be afraid to ask questions at the little guide shop down by the lift. You can buy your lift tickets at the Castillian (and other lodging) for less than the walk up. Go walk around town and down by the river at night.

"Joey skied La Voute sas cord!" the meaning of this as a Jackson Local will become clear (ask Andrew).

Pizza at the place across from the Skiers Lodge. Burgers at the Skiers Lodge. Fancy dinner at the place downstairs and underneath where the ATM is. Crepes at the place next to The Castillian. Breakfast and lunch from the market.
    Yea fergot the skiing
    ​I am not in your hurry

Django = the real deal

A real gentleman under a rough shorn exterior

Ski you anytime maggot
    ​I am not in your hurry

Bbear, I’ll be in La Grave for my 10th time starting on Saturday night through the week. You?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    We actually have a pair of K2 Darksides in 180 with alpine bindings that we'd sell for $100. Got em a few years ago from Valdez Heli Ski and never used them.

Sent from my HTC6535LRA using TGR Forums mobile app
    Being a tad silly, the Darkside would probably overlap with my Bentchetlers, this storm cycle is the first time, Japan Included, I've wanted more ski.

Welcome to Trench-town U.S.A.! Cold smoke, constant face shots, snorkle needed, blinded descent, pure fucking bliss. G.T. WY.
    Name:  20180305_094641.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  40.0 KB

Stomping it!

Yeah holy shit, 30" at the Ghee in the last 24 as of this morning.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Yeah holy shit, 30" at the Ghee in the last 24 as of this morning.
    By Sunday it was 50+ inches in under 48hrs as of yesterday by closing. I was suffocating in it along with everyone else who braved the conditions.

I can't even begin to count how many people I heard say "I can barely breath but I can't stop myself". Uncontrollable laughter, yelps, screaming, perma-grins, strangers hugging strangers and high 5'ing one another was abound.

We all new that yesterday was a special day. A day that was forever stamped into the Targhee record books and one that will never be forgotten by me in all of my years going there.

Saturday wasn't bad but yesterday was a whole different planet in itself. It definitely separated the puppies from the hounds on Sunday.

The mountain smiled upon the hounds as the puppies tucked their tales between their legs and retreated for fear of the unrelenting snows rath and her seemingly bottomless abyss.

Even far deeper were the ever changing natural terrain parks created all over mountain by that lovely drifting snow. It was an ever-changing colloidal scope to be admired, respected and shredded.

You know it's a good day when it's fucking dumping and explosions are used in place of a starter pistol. 👍😉😎

Stomping it!

interview with Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Communications Director Anna Cole on Episode 28. Everything Snowboarding & More Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by ichibaneye View Post
    By Sunday it was 50+ inches in under 48hrs as of yesterday by closing. I was suffocating in it along with everyone else who braved the conditions.

I can't even begin to count how many people I heard say "I can barely breath but I can't stop myself". Uncontrollable laughter, yelps, screaming, perma-grins, strangers hugging strangers and high 5'ing one another was abound.

We all new that yesterday was a special day. A day that was forever stamped into the Targhee record books and one that will never be forgotten by me in all of my years going there.

Saturday wasn't bad but yesterday was a whole different planet in itself. It definitely separated the puppies from the hounds on Sunday.

The mountain smiled upon the hounds as the puppies tucked their tales between their legs and retreated for fear of the unrelenting snows rath and her seemingly bottomless abyss.

Even far deeper were the ever changing natural terrain parks created all over mountain by that lovely drifting snow. It was an ever-changing colloidal scope to be admired, respected and shredded.

You know it's a good day when it's fucking dumping and explosions are used in place of a starter pistol. ������

Stomping it!
    Spent a season in Japan and yesterday at the Ghee was better than my best days in bounds there. Ran into Juilan Carr and Owen Leeper and their posse, nice dudes. One for the books for sure.

Spent a season in Japan and yesterday at the Ghee was better than my best days in bounds there. Ran into Juilan Carr and Owen Leeper and their posse, nice dudes. One for the books for sure.
    Solid, glad to here it and that you could be there too. I was thinking of so many others that I wish could have been @ the Ghee too.

Speaking of pros, that wouldn't have happened to be the posse in the all blue shells/jackets would it? Those guys were ripping along nicely.

I met so many great people that day and some of them will be seen again in the future. Props to you for stoking the fire!

Stomping it!

Passing through town, and I agree with the Japan in-bounds comparison. Sometimes you just get lucky.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18-03-06DSC03302.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	984.3 KB 
ID:	226961

Name:	18-03-06DSC03287.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	1,014.2 KB 
ID:	226962

Quote Originally Posted by ichibaneye View Post
    Speaking of pros, that wouldn't have happened to be the posse in the all blue shells/jackets would it? Those guys were ripping along nicely.
    That was some group or Tele skiers hanging around after the comp.

2017/2018 Jackson Hole/Targhee/Tetons thread

Got called an asshole today by an Idaho driver with 1T plates ... yelling at me through an open window.

Just got done skiing the east ridge of glory and scooted out the bottom of the slide path. Was 10 feet off the road, so not in the way. Not sure if he was commenting on my chosen exit point, or just felt like raging on a skier.

Two weeks ago a couple dudes swerved at me while driving euro wagon, yelling at the top of their lungs and honking. The car came up from behind, and scared the absolute shit out of me.

Despite this cursory negativity, skiing was all time today

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That was some group or Tele skiers hanging around after the comp.
    Ahhh yeah, I watched a bit if the tele comp on Sat. That group I was asking about and chatted with were Alpine on Sunday. There was about 10-15 of them I'd say.

That snow past the ropes, open and labeled avalanche danger [where the copetitors ended their runs] was great on Saturday before Sundays loveliness arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post

Despite this cursory negativity, skiing was all time today

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Where was this skiing at that you did today?

PS. Does anyone know someone that goes by the handle BHsmurf out in Teton land?

Stomping it!