Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    My company is looking for an eCommerce Product Analyst based in Victor. Link for details. Awesome company and web team.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    For anybody who skis in GTNP, even if it is only a few days a year, donate a few bucks by September 1 to help BTAC install new weather stations and improve avalanche forecasts in the area. I'm there only 10 days or so a winter but use the heck out of jhavalanche.org - $10 out of your pocket is absolutely worth it if you ever use that resource.

https://www.gtnpf.org/initiatives/forecast/
    Donated to this cause. This information will be very beneficial to local skiers both recreational and professional, rescuers, rangers, helicopter pilots assisting in rescues, guides, visiting skiers, wanting to know what has been happening in the snowpack, and probably more.

- I am here for the stoke

Quote Originally Posted by JaBr View Post
    Where do most of you live that ski/ride at Jackson Hole? Housing in the Targhee area is reasonable (Two Forks, Alta, etc.), but anywhere close to JH seems crazy!

I am starting a remote position and looking at places to live in the mountains/near the mountains with the goal to move by next winter/season. The 2 places I keep coming back to are Whitefish, MT and Alta, WY areas. Anyone have any good suggestions for me? Hoping to be close to an area to ski/ride (under an hour?), but also trying to consider social and educational ramifications of doing so since we have a young son (only 2 months now) to think about for the future.
    I recently got invited to interview/test for a gig in Whitefish, I was surprised that houses could be had cheaper than Teton Valley. The bubble is growing over here for sure.

Last two sales in my hood were for 830k cash and 415 (for a place that needs another 150-200k in work) at an estate auction. So lets say 830 and 600k respectively.

That was Jackson SFH money 8 years ago, and this is now Victor SFH money. We are right at the base of the pass so the location is primo for Teton Valley but hot damn thats some serious coin for a valley where houses were selling well under 100k less than a decade ago. You can't really get into anything below 3-350 now.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Last two sales in my hood were for 830k cash and 415 (for a place that needs another 150-200k in work) at an estate auction. So lets say 830 and 600k respectively.

That was Jackson SFH money 8 years ago, and this is now Victor SFH money. We are right at the base of the pass so the location is primo for Teton Valley but hot damn thats some serious coin for a valley where houses were selling well under 100k less than a decade ago. You can't really get into anything below 3-350 now.
    Spot on. Did hear of one potential transaction near me in the mid/high 200's, but it's a private sale between homeowner and current renter. Sure feeling a little bubbly to me, but i'm no expert.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Any beta on what's still skiable right now without a terrible approach? Trying to make a trip from slc this weekend to get my August ski day in! Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I went up the tram today and one could hike to the remaining snow in cody in about an hour. The cone/field at the base of central remains and you could eke out maybe 20-30 turns. Another coupla snowfields below 4shadows and no shadows IIRC.

Just set up a week in JH mid Feb for a seminar....looking forward to beers with the usual culprits ������

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Izzat the advanced bong hit training seminar for BBI19? I know there's at least a coupla classes planned.

this might have been covered but are tent trailers/pop-ups allowed in the Targhee camping lot or does it need to be a hard side (for non-event wknds)? The Targhee site doesn't really specify. I assume so but...
    also, sounds like no wood fires but any idea about a gas fire pit/ring?

Nice to see snow in the hills today.

^^Indeed, huh?

I consider this one of the earlier Fall turnings I've had here. Makes me wonder if we're gonna have much Indian summer this year. Or one of those butt cold Novembers...

^^^oh yeah!

yessss- saw this this morning too- owen gets after it
    this was from the other day-there has definitely been a chill in the air and while I won't rue a little more summer weather, I must saw it got me pretty stoked for this winter!!
    skid luxury

Will Jackson Hole count this as part of their seasonal snowfall total? No snowflake left behind....
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by MildWille View Post
    Will Jackson Hole count this as part of their seasonal snowfall total? No snowflake left behind....
    FKNA.

Quote Originally Posted by MildWille View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me if they started counting for the season the day after the lifts stopped spinning in April.

Nice break from hot and smokey! I’ll take a few months of fall before it turns.

You folks have a damn nice back yard to play in... love it in the winter, first time here in the summer. Got out for a walk today, more tomorrow, out for a run Saturday, then Targhee for some downhill riding Sunday. Hot damn what a weekend!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1672.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	540.1 KB 
ID:	245765

fun. been a bit chilly but glad you are enjoying it
    holler if you need any recs
    I think we'll be riding at Targhee sunday too. We're the dorky couple that have matching turquoise blue Ibis HD3's
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    You folks have a damn nice back yard to play in... love it in the winter, first time here in the summer. Got out for a walk today, more tomorrow, out for a run Saturday, then Targhee for some downhill riding Sunday. Hot damn what a weekend!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1672.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	540.1 KB 
ID:	245765
    We're gonna need to see more of yer chick do decide whether you had any fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    who knew you were a brat too
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Likely meet her at BBI Alpental.

Thanks to Djongo for meeting up with us yesterday and showing us a great hike. Had a blast!

Rode Targhee all afternoon today, maybe get in some more riding tomorrow... amazing trails there! Everything from super techy, rocky, steep lines with high pucker factor, to fast flow trails. Love this place (and the people here)!

He's the fuckin man
    Decisions Decisions