Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Fun day. Hidden tree stumps got me a few times. I was traversing near lower sublette ridge right when a patroller was pulling ropes and said "have fun." Definitely still grinning about getting a waist-deep untracked field to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by xtine View Post
    Fun day. Hidden tree stumps got me a few times. I was traversing near lower sublette ridge right when a patroller was pulling ropes and said "have fun." Definitely still grinning about getting a waist-deep untracked field to myself.
    Yea that sucks.
    The Hobacks are better when they're closed, keeps the rift raft out.
    Oh well, all good things must come to an end.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by xtine View Post
    ooh that had not opened yet this winter so I bet it was good

yea the light density snow is nice but just floofs off the hard moguls. we need more
    skid luxury

Wow, seriously? Its floofing... lets be careful out there
    ​I am not in your hurry

Anyone know if there is enough base in Talbot Canyon just west of Taylor to ski at this point?

Anyone have a req for a good solo tour? Can't go up the pass due to trailer. Ideally somewhere with cell coverage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by yardsale2 View Post
    Anyone know if there is enough base in Talbot Canyon just west of Taylor to ski at this point?
    Skied there yesterday, still pretty thin down low. Observed a new natural in Burbank Creek, and there were two others reported on the BT site, but no mention of them in the forecast. My take would be to still proceed with great caution.

Thanks, we'll wait a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Anyone have a req for a good solo tour? Can't go up the pass due to trailer. Ideally somewhere with cell coverage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Trailer as in camper or trailer as in you ride a sled? If the former drop it somewhere. The easy to access hills in the park have cell coverage. Pass was pretty spotty.

Just spent 3 days skiing. You guys who ski this on the reg are blessed.

First time skiing somewhere other than the east Coast and it was the best skiing of my life. Skied the Hobacks for the final run. Perfect end to the trip. Can't wait to come back.

Hey Ghee folks, how’s it skiing? Headed over with my wife tomorrow. Stoked for some powder and wydaho nachos.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarloaftrees View Post
    Hey Ghee folks, how’s it skiing? Headed over with my wife tomorrow. Stoked for some powder and wydaho nachos.
    Fantastic, get there early as parking may be an issue, we have a U16 race and college Freeski comp going on so it's busier than normal. I was able to sneak out from 3-4 today and it was primo and filling back in in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Fantastic, get there early as parking may be an issue, we have a U16 race and college Freeski comp going on so it's busier than normal. I was able to sneak out from 3-4 today and it was primo and filling back in in a hurry.
    Thanks Snapt for the heads up! I bought her a 4 pack and have been waiting for the tide to rise. I appreciate the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowStain View Post

First time skiing somewhere other than the east Coast and it was the best skiing of my life. Skied the Hobacks for the final run. Perfect end to the trip. Can't wait to come back.
    WOW. Thanks for that. I needed a reminder. I am blessed to the teeth then. I left the village the last 2 days early because the gaper level was just mind boggling.
    Now, I'm stoked again. After 65 days this season, and 28 years at the vill, I'm going bell to bell today to remind myself where I am and what I do.

And remember, this place is always here, welcoming your return. Thanks...

Skier triggered slides on Albright, Whimpy's and 4 hour yesterday. I just don't get how you would think any of those would be a good call in these conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowStain View Post

Nice. Been visiting JH since I was 4 and I am 46. Always finish my trips with a run down the Hobacks or the lower faces if they are closed.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Ok ladies and gents - I’m considering a last minute trip to meet friends out there this week but not really digging the forecast. I’m guessing the be is skiing great right now but it looks like a warm up tomorrow then some snow weds and Thursday .. I’d be skiing Tuesday - Thursday and need some local predictive advice. Don’t want to take the time and spend the money if it’s not going to be good . What’s your read on things ?

Mean the bc

I’m mainly concerned with a warm up and refreeze

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Skier triggered slides on Albright, Whimpy's and 4 hour yesterday. I just don't get how you would think any of those would be a good call in these conditions.
    Whimpy's wasn't bad Thursday, pit showed no issues but that was before the snow and wind. Originally were going to do Albright but we made the decision to bail pretty early on after we saw the wind whipping in from west and loading the east facing stuff and knowing that an E-facing slope on 25-Short slide the day before.

Albright and 4 Hour are just asking for trouble after all this new snow too.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Whimpy's wasn't bad Thursday, pit showed no issues but that was before the snow and wind. Originally were going to do Albright but we made the decision to bail pretty early on after we saw the wind whipping in from west and loading the east facing stuff and knowing that an E-facing slope on 25-Short slide the day before.

Albright and 4 Hour are just asking for trouble after all this new snow too.
    IMO, Whimpy's is far more complex and hazardous terrain than people give it credit for, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    IMO, Whimpy's is far more complex and hazardous terrain than people give it credit for, but that's just me.
    Oh definitely, but you can ski some relatively "safe" terrain with good snow if you're not too stupid or ambitious.

Like green machine, considering driving back to Jackson tomorrow to ski this week... looks like predictions are for 2-4” / day. Thoughts?

The coverage is fair to good almost everywhere. Incoming weather, if warm, will remain cold enough above 7k. It appears that a big pulse of water vapor is rolling into Idaho now so...here's hoping. Skiing is good with average crowds. If you don't have a better option, I think skiing the vill will deliver. Tough season out there for many...