Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Boy you all really worry about ski choice a lot. Just grab a pair and I promise they'll work and long as you can actually ski. 105mm is good in 0" and good in 40". Just fucking ski.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Who here is from Teton Valley (Victor/Driggs side)? Some skiing and non-skiing related questions. Thanks!

Arriving Sun 14 skiing 15 through 20th
    Staying in the Village.
    Looking for possible BC partners resort and elsewhere.
    pm me your digits if interested
    Cheers.

Looks epic out there today!

Location Snowfall/Prec. Total Snow Depth Total Snowfall
    At 9,300' Elevation (Raymer Plot) 10"/ 1.10 75" 215"
    At 9,580' Elevation (Rendezvous Bowl Plot) 16"/ 1.60" 79" 219"
    At 8,800' Elevation (Chief Joseph Plot) 10"/ 1.00" 80" 182"

Be careful if you are heading OB though, high avalanche danger:

High Elevations (9,000´-10,500´) Morning 4-HIGH Afternoon 4-HIGH
    Mid Elevations (7,500´-9,000´) Morning 4-HIGH Afternoon 4-HIGH
    Low Elevations (6,000´-7,500´) Morning 2-MODERATE Afternoon 2-MODERATE

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Who here is from Teton Valley (Victor/Driggs side)? Some skiing and non-skiing related questions. Thanks!
    I’m on the wyo side but pm me if i can be of assistance. you didn’t lose your phone again did you?
    skid luxury

2017/2018 Jackson Hole/Targhee/Tetons thread

had to be at the office today but got to enjoy a nice snow king pow day. I think I was the only one riding the lift/ barely anyone else on the hill.
    still a bit thin in town but twas lovely and hope you all enjoyed your powder today too
    skid luxury

Had a notion to park at the state line parking lot and skin up towards Oliver to ski something called the Document Shredder which looked safe. Intimidated by the deep snow that two of us would have had to set track in and lack of clarity if WYDOT would have been ok about our parking there when the road was closed.

It was not bad today. A little heavy, but not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I’m on the wyo side but pm me if i can be of assistance. you didn’t lose your phone again did you?
    I could have....

sorry maybe it wasn't you-
    thot you were the mag that left their phone in Jackson a yr or 2 ago and I recovered and sent home.
    maybe a different mag- hard to keep your usernames straight sometimes
    skid luxury

Watcha need? Feel free to PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Watcha need? Feel free to PM.
    Done, thanks.

Anyone know which stores in Jackson would sell a mammut cartridge refill kit/be able to refill a cartridge?

Yes?

Sent from my HTC6535LRA using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Anyone know which stores in Jackson would sell a mammut cartridge refill kit/be able to refill a cartridge?
    I know Mudroom and Nomad in the village have mammut canisters which I believe come filled?

ya it's been good
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_1639.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	221300

Quote Originally Posted by frev607 View Post
    I know Mudroom and Nomad in the village have mammut canisters which I believe come filled?
    I'm just trying to figure it out in case I need to order one.

I'm just trying to figure it out in case I need to order one.
    I think mammut need to be filled. You can get em filled in town though. Call Teton mounteering, they sell them. We were just in there looking at the new packs and talking to guys tonight.

East side BC has been nice the past couple of days. 6k yesterday, 7k today, all untracked goodness. There’s just too many options out here, need more time.....

Damn that looks good. Coming out next Wednesday. As excited as I've ever been for a ski trip.

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    I think mammut need to be filled. You can get em filled in town though. Call Teton mounteering, they sell them. We were just in there looking at the new packs and talking to guys tonight.

East side BC has been nice the past couple of days. 6k yesterday, 7k today, all untracked goodness. There’s just too many options out here, need more time.....
    I'm hoping to get em filled in town, can't fly with a filled one so it's really my only option.

Issue is, it's a used one from a mag w/o a refill kit so I need to find a place that will sell one. Figured I'd tap into the TGR knowledge before giving a few calls.

I'm hoping to get em filled in town, can't fly with a filled one so it's really my only option.

Issue is, it's a used one from a mag w/o a refill kit so I need to find a place that will sell one. Figured I'd tap into the TGR knowledge before giving a few calls.
    Yea, Teton Mountaineering is your best bet. There’s also a BC store in Wilson.

Headed up thursday night. Anyone know of a good place to dump a daypack/shoes/lunch near the tram/gondi?
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Just grabbed some ice cream at Moo’s and confirmed they fill the mammut cylinders. He said you have to remove the whole valve/gage assembly when you fly so TSA can actually look inside the cylinder. Strange that an ice cream store is where you go to fill cylinders but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Headed up thursday night. Anyone know of a good place to dump a daypack/shoes/lunch near the tram/gondi?
    Aren't there coin op lockers near the ticket office, underneath the tram?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Just grabbed some ice cream at Moo’s and confirmed they fill the mammut cylinders. He said you have to remove the whole valve/gage assembly when you fly so TSA can actually look inside the cylinder. Strange that an ice cream store is where you go to fill cylinders but whatever.
    moo's (rick) has a paintball biz and supply so he deals in compressed air