Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    ^^Indeed, huh?

I consider this one of the earlier Fall turnings I've had here. Makes me wonder if we're gonna have much Indian summer this year. Or one of those butt cold Novembers...
    I feel like there's always an August dusting round here. Wouldn't mind a legit Fall before we make the turn to Winter. At least until I'm done commuting across Idaho anyway.

Took a moto ride up to Brooks Lake the other day. Trees and bushes just starting to turn. I think it's gonna be a beautiful fall. I guess it kinda always is.

TFT - Psyched to have finally met you and your special lady friend. What a cool couple of mags. You PNW'ers are gonna have another solid player (or two)soon, as they're moving yer way. Word on the street is , she rips too.

Thanks for taking a lap out to Hidden Falls. Thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to skiing with you two.

BL - I was just thinking about you, wondering if you had plans for the west this season. Look forward to crushing laps with you at BBIUT19 if you can make it. Otherwise just fall into JH, I got room for ya.

Norse - I Reconned her. Yeah, she's pretty smokin'. Sharp as a tack too. If she skis like he says, she'll start out @ 7.1/10...and spanking mags left and right.

No Question we've made The Turn up here. Hard freezes overnight. Leaves turning and falling. Town is really quiet.

LTD.

@djongo, when's the Utah thing? I can prob make it happen

And I'll make it up to JH im sure...no plans yet aside an Alta/bird trip end of feb
    Decisions Decisions

^^^^Alright BL, that's excellent. Saw your post in the BBIUT zone.

Very much look forward to ripping big mtn. laps with you again.

It's early Fall here in JH. high30's-low40's overnight. A dusting or two up high already...

I didn't realize it starting snowing so early in Jackson. That's why it's such a good area to ski in January.

Its all gonna stick!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Its all gonna stick!

You don't want early snow to stick.

2017/2018 Jackson Hole/Targhee/Tetons thread

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    You don't want early snow to stick.
    Thanks Cap, I was being sarcastic

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 09-06-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Death Canyon, Albright Peak, Wimpy’s & Maverick skiers are gonna have a *much* longer approach this winter.

GTNP in a facebook post about the closure of Moose Wilson road north of Death Canyon trailhead starting end of the month for construction of some prototype pullout, responded to a question about when the road would re-open with “next spring”

That’s a busy winter trailhead. Nearby trailheads, Taggart in particular, are going to be stressed by the displacement.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44EA4FE4-73F1-44CE-8AFF-5853C3C0B230.jpeg 
Views:	112 
Size:	330.7 KB 
ID:	250701

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    Death Canyon, Albright Peak, Wimpy’s & Maverick skiers are gonna have a *much* longer approach this winter.

GTNP in a facebook post about the closure of Moose Wilson road north of Death Canyon trailhead starting end of the month for construction of some prototype pullout, responded to a question about when the road would re-open with “next spring”

That’s a busy winter trailhead. Nearby trailheads, Taggart in particular, are going to be stressed by the displacement.
    Death Canyon Trailhead will be accessible from the south.

It's 2-fer-1 season at a bunch of local places!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    Death Canyon Trailhead will be accessible from the south.
    Yeah but...south access closed gate starts at Granite cyn trailhead so still a haul.

2-fer season is welcome. Only time I can eat upscale 'round here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Yeah but...south access closed gate starts at Granite cyn trailhead so still a haul.
    yeah, an extra 3 miles of rolling road.
    dont see too many wimpy’s skiers adding an extra hour+ each way to their day.

you can bet that park-connected folks will be have access to those roads on snow machines. gotta check the snow loads on the roofs of those sweet summer homes (oops, i meant educational centers) at white grass

you can bet that park-connected folks will be have access to those roads on snow machines. gotta check the snow loads on the roofs of those sweet summer homes (oops, i meant educational centers) at white grass
    i'll take that bet. Sure, the Jenny Lakers may for patrols, and will for rescues; and there will be maintenance folks occasionally checking the roofs, but it's not like they can say...hey, i'm just gonna take a 4 hour ski break with the work sled. They also have to call in to dispatch every time a sled is used for safety reasons.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I'm a big Nat'l. Park fan but I gotta say, GTNP is usurping the Moose-Wilson road. That was a Wyo. road before the park went in. When they first put the gate in, locals could still go through free. Slowly eroded that. Giving up on the RKO road too. Closing the road for weeks at a time because a sow and 2 cubs like the berries by the road.
    Fuck that, honk the horn, check 'em out , then move along. Worked for decades and never had an issue. Get back on yer thousands of acres, bruin.

Nowadays, for under a hundy annual pass, it has become a thruway for airport cabs.

And oh yeah - 21 degrees last night in town and 1 degree overnight at JHmr summit
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 10-14-2018 at 09:23 AM.

They certainly weren’t in a hurry to get the dirt road up to death canyon trailhead open this spring either for whatever “construction” it was they were doing

^^^^ It's the Curse of Snow King.

Curious how the new brewpub will do. Still think it's ridiculous how they got away with building that without adequate parking.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Curious how the new brewpub will do. Still think it's ridiculous how they got away with building that without adequate parking.
    I live around the corner from the new pub and only been once. Walked over half a dozen times and each time it was packed beyond capacity. Good beer. Expensive food that is just ok.

In other culinary news, I started a FB page "Bring Back The Vindaloo To Teton Tiger"....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2196323590628699/

so now it appears that the potential winter death canyon TH closure was misinformation from GTNP PR dept, closure is only 2 weeks starting 10/22

A friend called the head of Park PR this morning.

but, their communication has been virtually nonexistent regarding this shit, so who knows

so now it appears that the potential winter death canyon TH closure was misinformation from GTNP PR dept, closure is only 2 weeks starting 10/22

but, their communication has been virtually nonexistent regarding this shit, so who knows
    Sounds like a mess, but this is good news

I didn't immediately find a JHAF thread so I'll leave this here. Last night was fun. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181017_213832.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	251460

will be handing out these where appropriate this yr

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_3436.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	251493