Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Walk-on trams for 4-8" of super windblown (73 mph gust) buffing down a smooth talcum powder/chalky R. bowl. Sleeper day. Snow to the bottom and nuked until about 1, now a steady snow. North hoback first was good and the bottom third was the best...go figure.

-Except for tomorrow, we're looking at snow on/off 'til closing this sunday
    -Everyone's hung over from gaper day.

Today rocked, maybe the best pow day of the year? The Monday after noon of the Tuesday 18 inch ultra light morning might of been better, but it’s close. No other day has stuck out this season that would be better. Well except maybe some of the touring days in Oct and early Nov

FYI a gofundme for Bryce Newcomb has been setup: https://www.gofundme.com/9nqyt-bring-bryce-back
    Praying for a full recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    And just so ya know, you didn't miss anything on that 15" day. hard to believe but true. Our two short stack days were better, and in hindsight, I'd make that trade any day.
    You just trying to make us feel better about missing it? That bluebird sure looked nice from the Elk refuge.
    Thanks for taking me around. That AM snow was pretty damn good in the trees, once you could see. I look forward to my next trip out there.

Start Bus has had enough of winter apparently...

https://buckrail.com/breaking-start-...-village-road/

Pow Day!
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

pow days galore is more like it.
    I have 2 JH vouchers good thru the last day, Sunday. holler if anyone wants them

sunday was fun too. andrew has gone full euro lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR1960-spraffybigfeet.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	982.3 KB 
ID:	231092
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post

sunday was fun too. andrew has gone full euro lol

Name:	GOPR1960-spraffybigfeet.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	982.3 KB 
ID:	231092
    He is wearing sweaters around his neck, and smoking Gitanes?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

As usual, Wow, what a coupla pow days! Super dumpage all day long on Monday for a greybird winner only to get a super buffed down sunshine dream yesterday.

Oh, and walk-on to a one box wait. Fucking killer.

Lower faces Monday, heaven; yesterday, hell.

Warthog - hey D., in all seriousness, sometimes the shorter stack is better. Some of our lump dumps have been really challenging this season. My one regret this season is that I lost you and didn't re-connect. Consider this my IOU. Next time, I'm your guy for anything.

Nutmeg - yeah, tough to travel with a klutz. Nice pics in moto thread, stoking me.

Have not heard any updates on Bryce. Worked with him a little this summer. Hit it off pretty quick. Pro skier w/ a masters in economics, I think he said. Funny smack talker too. Praying for him...

That 18 wheeler prolly pulled over to a stop while his trailer slid right a bit. Crunched the red one. Notice the key scratches on the side of said rig? Karma?

Welcome Home and Congratulations to B-Bear and her new hubby. -LTD

Which weather site is the most accurate for snowfall predictions in the Tetons these days? Is moutainweather.com still a good bet? May pop up there for closing weekend but the Saturday forecast looks a bit warm (temps near 32 at 10k with rain down low).

Thanks Flowing, it's been a fair season in a relatively low snow year. Only a handful of us had it good this year (PNW,NR).

ColMan - yeah, mtnweather is still good. For this weekend, odds are a damp base with good snow all over the mountain. Fact is, skiing and coverage is excellent. Yesterday was full on winter conditions. Also, really quiet here. No crowds.

I may have a 1/2 off voucher left for ya. gotta look. B-bear said she had a couple too. I'd be glad to spin some laps witcha...

That offer extends to any mags who can get here by sunday as well.

I think we might have a few of those half off vouchers lying around. If anyone needs one let me know.

Cool, long season this year, didnt JHMR just start that up a couple years ago? Good to see you guys are getting a week more of some good springtime trams.

Warthog - hey D., in all seriousness, sometimes the shorter stack is better. Some of our lump dumps have been really challenging this season. My one regret this season is that I lost you and didn't re-connect. Consider this my IOU. Next time, I'm your guy for anything.
    It was seriously NBD. My legs were about shot anyway, and the conditions were declining rapidly. I forgot how steep that place is, and 4 days straight at Alta with a 1 day rest was not a great call with my sea level legs. That side country run was killer though, at least the 1st half. Next time I'll come fresh, and we'll get some fresh. That morning was some great skiing though, thanks again.

If you are down in FL for any reason, let me know. I'll try to put you on some fish. Getting the shark rigs set up for this season. At the least, it will be a nice boat ride.

Warthog - thanks for the NBD. That stuff weighs on me. Next time come to Jh first and then go to alta to relax and wind down. Just kidding you alta kooks...
    Really enjoyed the story about you introducing your 'coastal' kids to the winter skiing/ boarding thing. Kinda my story. Gotta promote the youth.

Would like very much to go fishing with you. what a dream. I would get sick fo sho...talk about no sea legs.

ColMan - you pull the trigger?

Schwerty - in for the win!

Beer30 - Forest service lease dictated for about 40 years the season was 16 weeks from first Saturday in dec. thru first sunday in april. For a few years they massaged it on both ends and about 5-10 yrs ago they settled on Thanksgiving day thru 2nd sunday now. This yr was Friday after.

Choice turns on piste and in the Bowl today. Tram laps, walk-on. Light drizzle started about 11am at bottom. Snowing all the way up and improving surface at 12:30. snowing lightly now. 2" since closing...

ColMan - you pull the trigger?
    No go unfortunately due to work crap that came up. Had planned to be on the 3pm DEN-JAC today. Bummed. I'll try not to look at the Sunday morning report...

Just to add a tiny bit of stoke - found this old pic the other day from over 17 years ago. Still one of my favorite tours in the area.

Name:	SCN_0002_levelpng.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	792.5 KB 
ID:	231472
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCN_0002.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	570.9 KB 
ID:	231471  

^^^^^Alright, well maybe next season or this summer even. Life kicks in and there's nothing to be done...

Sweet shots of pandoras - friends walked out there yesterday in the cloudy funk. It's waiting for your return.
    -another friend blew out his acl right in the crux last fall. How'd you like to walk that one out? marathon runner guy.

5" of talcum powder in the bowl. 3" of oatmeal at the base. Fine, easy skiing if not a little warmer than usual. not uncomfy though. Big pulse of water vapor coming in tonight/tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for a fun closing.

So thinking of driving tonight and staying at hostel. Maybe meet up and Ski sat/sun. Bueller
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    So thinking of driving tonight and staying at hostel. Maybe meet up and Ski sat/sun. Bueller
    I'm in. Got one voucher left. Pm me. skiing is good. I suspect all bets are off on the pineapple but so far so good.

Some warm wax will pay off in spades this weekend.

I have a 50% off voucher as well.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Might have an extra Ghee voucher if anyone is in need. Tomorrow looks lovely.

Just moved back to town. I'll be around the village tomorrow. Green jacket, khaki pants, American flag topsheet ON3P skis. Conditions should be interesting.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Welcome back Swerve, will look for you today. Tram dock after 8:30 ifn you need a 1/2 voucher. pm me (- Otherwise i'm gonna give it to some Dad who's springing for his family today) ((mags get dibs though)).

Interesting conditions is right. 6" fresh in the bowl after closing at 12% w/big wind...

I'm good on tickets but thank you for the offer. Hopefully I'll see you out there today.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Pretty fun day, skied with 'Whyturn' from down UT way. Made the best of 6-10" on yesterdays firm refreeze event. Lapped prolly 15 chairs in a few hours. Thanks, B. - hope to moto with you this summer.

Closing day at 496", 108" of which fell prior to opening; much melted before turkey day. That final 4" to get to 500" fell during today. Marketing will jump on that...

135 of 136 days this season. Took one off on purpose. For me the perfection lies in the imperfection. Get that bonus day tomorrow though; just me and 144 other daily kooks...