Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    University Village Apple Store in Seattle. While a new computer would have been nice I still prefer the form factor of the one I have. SD card slot etc. It did sound like they were going to be able to do the top case replacement for free when they did come in if I were willing to wait a while, which I am in the name of $200. Been living with it like this for a while so why not another month or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    In June they had zero top cases in stock and made a decision to replace the whole computer with brand new computers! This was detailed in a memo distributed to all Apple stores. This is what got me interested in the whole battery replacement idea.
    By the 3rd week July production started up to produce more top cases and the “replacement solution” was canceled by the first week of August.
    I have read of successful top case replacements since August, but your story sounds like they are just trying to avoid having to replace full computers.
    What Genius Bar are you dealing with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    University Village Apple Store in Seattle. While a new computer would have been nice I still prefer the form factor of the one I have. SD card slot etc. It did sound like they were going to be able to do the top case replacement for free when they did come in if I were willing to wait a while, which I am in the name of $200. Been living with it like this for a while so why not another month or so?
    The replacements were the same style as the one you have, the Unibody Retina.

well damn!

Just picked up my machine with a new battery (essentially the whole top case including trackpad and keyboard apparently) at no charge.

Now on to the upgrade path. Anything new and interesting out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Snow View Post
    Fuck APPLE.
    ^^^This!^^^^

Apple ain't what they used to be! Lots of better options these days. Especially the new crop of Apple phones. Yesterday's technology, tomorrow's prices.