Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Favorite MTB liner shorts? Best Chamois?

Club Ride is selling their liners, and a lot of other stuff, for half off today Black Friday sale.

If you can live with the words “Yeti” and “enduro,” Yeti has their enduro pocket bibs for $33.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    If you can live with the words “Yeti” and “enduro,” Yeti has their enduro pocket bibs for $33.
    XL only at this point.

Update on the Pearl Izumi 1:1 liners: after quite a few more rides, I'm not that pleased with them. The chamois feels kinda generic, and the fit is just too tight - squeezes my junk and feels constrictive. Overall it just feels cheap.
    But I did score a pair of Fox Altitude shorts w/ liner on geartrade or $25! (retail is about $100, but sales abound). Very impressed with the stretchy, technical fit of the outers, and the liner is very comfortable - easily the best liner I've ridden from Fox (which isn't saying much). It looks like Fox finally stepped up their game in the liner/chamois department. Great for hot weather rides, too.
    Last edited by kingsalami; 06-07-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Interesting. I like my liner kind of snug, like roadie-snug. Otherwise my balls move around too much and either my sack gets pinched or a nut gets tagged. TMI?

I also have never found a shorts-liner combo where both were a good fit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    This. I get why folks do it, but really, baggie shorts are dumb.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I agree^^ IME a seperate liner & short is > any combo and I like where the style of mtn bike shorts have gone with a slimmer profile cuz the baggy styles from 15 yars ago would always hanging up on the nose of the seat

I like castelli road bibs the best, a store guy at MEC told you buy Bibs so the straps pull at yer shoulders when you stand up straight but they shouldn't pull when you lean forward

I thot the really baggy shorts and pants were becuz there was no belts & only one size in jail ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I agree...with one exception - I still have a very well-used pair of Mavic Stratos shorts (with mesh liners that looked like garters) that are about 7 or 8 yrs old. The best shorts/liners I've ever used. Awesome for hot, sticky days.

I was surprised how comfortable the low profile Zoic undershorts are. The REI with lots of soft padding starts to cause numbness a lot sooner than the minimal Zoic. (hardtail, so numbness can just be a thing). The mesh construction is an added bonus, but it seems to cause a loss in durability (starting to rip a little).
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

All my (bib)shorts will be these until someone makes a custom made pair for the same $ or cheaper. You can get long or short and w/ 3 different chamois widths. Worth it imho, link to the pair I buy.
    https://www.endurasport.com/product/...eg-narrow-pad/

Edit to add maybe you guys would like the singletrack mesh bib liner.

Only £120 to look totally ridiculous? What a bargain!

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    No longer stuck.

I have some first generation Specialized Swat Pro bibs. I love the pad and the pockets, it’s just that the straps/racer back is too narrow.
    I keep riding them thinking it will get better, or I’m trying to convince myself that a $150 bib hanging in my closet will work again.
    After shopping for and trying some other bibs and pocket systems I’m convinced that the Spec system, that has the flappy pocket that can go over your baggy shorts, is the best system.
    I think I’m going to cut out the racerback and see if I can make them more comfortable.
    Now that I type this I’m wondering if the “racer back” is female product?

Name:  IMG_7909.png
Views: 1121
Size:  782.3 KB
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 06-08-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Only £120 to look totally ridiculous? What a bargain!

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    The bibs go under your jersey and baggy shorts dipshit.

Now that I type this I’m wondering if the “racer back” is female product?
    Prolly not.
    The thing with all these mtn bike designed bibs, shorts, whatever, is that cycling has been around for 125+ something years, and the shorts/jersey thing has mostly been worked out. I mean those SWAT bibs have a "fly" construction. For what? I guess it's too hard to yank your tiny dick over the pulled down front of your shorts? Fuck, racers pee out the leg hole.
    Get a good pair of bibs or shorts, (spend the most here, and prolly buy from a road bike inclined manufacturer). If you don't want people to see your junk, wear shorts over them. If you think having practical pockets on your shirt makes you look stupid, wear a t-shirt style, put stuff in your shorts pockets, and/or wear a camelbak thing.

I've been using some shorts from Spesh with their Swat liner lately. Really like the bibs/chamois and they are removable from the shorts if needed. Got them for $50 on sale last fall. Seems like a steal so far.
    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/en...=242890-151885

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Prolly not.
    The thing with all these mtn bike designed bibs, shorts, whatever, is that cycling has been around for 125+ something years, and the shorts/jersey thing has mostly been worked out. I mean those SWAT bibs have a "fly" construction. For what? I guess it's too hard to yank your tiny dick over the pulled down front of your shorts? Fuck, racers pee out the leg hole.
    Get a good pair of bibs or shorts, (spend the most here, and prolly buy from a road bike inclined manufacturer). If you don't want people to see your junk, wear shorts over them. If you think having practical pockets on your shirt makes you look stupid, wear a t-shirt style, put stuff in your shorts pockets, and/or wear a camelbak thing.
    I've got the old swat bibs without a fly. It's the worst thing about them - it's legitimately difficult to take a leak, even with my 18" dick.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

when you buy bibs make sure the front is low enough to pull down or you will have to take everything off to piss, the front of my Castelli road bibs is pretty much at waist level so no diffferent than a regular pair of bike shorts
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Sportful is basically Castelli at a lower price point (same factory). Picked up some shorts and they’re great.

Ex: https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/sportfu...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    The bibs go under your jersey and baggy shorts dipshit.

Thank you, sir. May I have another?
    No longer stuck.

Anyone try the Race Face Stash, Troy Lee Premium Carbon, or Pactimo Apex liners?

Tried these Louis Garneau 2002 Sport Liner cuz the price was right, $40. Not bad, ended up picking up a few more pair. Pretty wide coverage but low profile enough to not be diaper-like. Couldn't abide by the Zoics for that reason.

They've also got these Pearle Versa liners for $40. Look intriguing, more minimalist but I haven't tried them. Then these Pearle "Select" Liners for $50. They have the 1:1 chamois. Look pretty nice.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I'm a spec swat guy! started using last year and it's awesome! got them at spec sale for dirty cheap like $50 pro and $35 the regular one, the pro is definitely worth the premium over the regular one... looking forward to buying more once the sale hits their webstore, this years model even lets you pee :-)

I'm a taller guy at 6'4" 195lbs and am looking into a pair of bib liners for longer rides out in the woods, But it seems like anyone over 6' is going to have to look at XL or XXL and that would make the legs and waist huge on me. Do they make "tall" sized bibs, or a particular brand/model whose shoulder straps are made for taller folks?

Just came here looking for a liner solution and boom! Perfect bump.

I don't know if my boys are just getting a little droopy in their dotage or what, but I cannot do a ride without constantly readjusting. I'm in a cheap pair of Fox liner/baggies. The liner just does not pull up enough. I'm assuming that that's the point of the bibs to help keep the liner shorts up? May have to look into these...

not sure if they make this style of bib for men, but I have some awesome lady bibs that have a halter-top style strap on top (vs the more traditional 2 straps/ tank top style) and they are much easier to pull over the head to drop trow.

I can even pull it over my head from under my jersey so eliminates the pita when you have to whiz. Thought that was genius/simple way to solve that issue
    skid luxury