Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Depends on how many days is a lot and how hard you are on gloves, but there's a point where I'd rather have to eventually replace them rather than give up dexterity for their whole lives. I think FTP gets that about right for just skiing, but I'm not handling rope with them (much).

For ref, my first pair aren't too far past 100 days and could use a little AQS to close a minor slice on one spot but no signs of wear otherwise. I kept hoping the insulation would pack out enough to use them in the spring, but they seem to have stabilized at "very warm."

I think I might have more days on their mountain bike gloves, now that I think about it. So impressed with those--I never expected synthetic to wear as well as they have, but they are doing well and still feel pretty new after a wash.
    I looked and I bought them 11/11/15. 4 Seasons. The last few years I have been 40 days per year plus or minus 5 and wear gloves most days except extreme cold and we do have a kids rope tow on a mini park that I ride with my girl sometimes. So a good lifetime.

I'd rather have the double leather on all the fingers and give up a miniscule amount of dexterity. These gloves are about being warm. On 40 degree days I don't wear them anyway. One of the thumbs where you can't see it in the picture has the outside layer worn through but still completely functional.

Not here to rip into FTPG. Probably going to order another set. Just giving my two cents as a customer who isn't into being a cheerleader unless i am really stoked on shit...like ON3P Billy Goats...I still don't understand why everybody doesn't love them. Shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by TWODIEFOUR View Post
    Thanks, Jono. The sizing chart is a bit strange, but not uncommon. The circumference of the hand doesn't take into account the length of the hand from base to fingertip. So I'd imaging that people measuring 8.5 with longer fingers might go size Large (from what I've gathered so far).
    They mention sizing up for long fingers somewhere in their FAQs.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by TWODIEFOUR View Post
    Thanks, Jono. The sizing chart is a bit strange, but not uncommon. The circumference of the hand doesn't take into account the length of the hand from base to fingertip. So I'd imaging that people measuring 8.5 with longer fingers might go size Large (from what I've gathered so far).
    I've posted this in other FTP threads re: sizing, but figured I'd repost here since it seems relevant again:

Quote Originally Posted by MRR11 View Post
    From my experience, if you're between sizes, go up if you have normal/long fingers and down if you have short fingers.

For reference, I'm between an 8 and 9 Hestra depending on the model (my hand circumference is 8 5/8", hand length just over 7"). I initially went with the large short cuff gloves, and ended up exchanging down to the medium. The fingers, especially the thumb, was just way to long for my stubby fingers with the large. The body of the large fit just fine around my hand, however. With the mediums, the length of the fingers are perfect, and even though it was a bit tight around my hand at first, it has since broken in perfectly and now fits....well, like a glove.
    Since I posted this, I've also gotten the SX Pros and Spring (BC) glove, and the same applies for those models as well.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I looked and I bought them 11/11/15. 4 Seasons. The last few years I have been 40 days per year plus or minus 5 and wear gloves most days except extreme cold and we do have a kids rope tow on a mini park that I ride with my girl sometimes. So a good lifetime.

I'd rather have the double leather on all the fingers and give up a miniscule amount of dexterity. These gloves are about being warm. On 40 degree days I don't wear them anyway. One of the thumbs where you can't see it in the picture has the outside layer worn through but still completely functional.

Not here to rip into FTPG. Probably going to order another set. Just giving my two cents as a customer who isn't into being a cheerleader unless i am really stoked on shit...like ON3P Billy Goats...I still don't understand why everybody doesn't love them. Shrug.
    I have both the OG gloves like yours and the newer SX. Don't have them "in hand" right now to compare, but I recall the SX leather being more robust, thicker, etc. I could really tell when rubbing in the Nikwax waterproofing cream, the OG gloves just felt thinner and got saturated with the Nikwax faster.

So based on that if correct, you may get more longevity out of the newer models. I get out about the same amount of days as you and my SXs look nowhere close to yours in terms of wear after 3 seasons now.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Lots of days on these and they need replaced. Wish they had a tad thicker leather or doubled up on all the fingers because it would give me another season or two with them. Also I wear an XL with these and L with some other brands. I have the mittens identical to these with removable liners for really cold days. Super warm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I had a similar situation, holy fingers. Great thing about leather is I brought them to my shoe cobbler and he patched em right up for 20$ can. Using them as my resort gloves now two season later.
    27° 18°

Loving my new spring gloves. They look really well built.

Quote Originally Posted by caulfield View Post
    If BC glove fits like the spring glove, I'd say go large on that one. I'm same size as you and my mediums are too small. The medium rx3's I'm selling fit OK but I think a large would have fit too, hard to tell with 3 finger style. I'm measuring 7.5" from wrist to tip of middle finger, but that's a tough measurement to standardize.
    BC glove doesn’t fit like OG spring glove, it’s bigger. Medium seems right for me on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my BC glove. I can't speak to the Spring glove, but the fit is the same as my SX glove from 3 years ago (the one with no removable liner).

Very nice!

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

MAG119 code still works

10% off I believe

Looking to replace my OG short cuff FTP. I'll likely pick up the BC, but was wondering if folks have opinions on the SX vs Freeride or Race.

I've got a decade old pair of Hestra Morrisons that I love, that look quite like the Race (although my Hestras have a zip cuff that I love). I do like the all leather gloves in general, but looking for some first hand comparisons, or revirew if any one has them.

For what it is worth, the OG gloves I use only on the coldest of days. They breathe fine for me, but I'm usually in my Hestras when it is about 25F, which is most days in Tahoe.

I’m really happy with my SX, have extra liners & a spare pair for next season.

They tuck into cuffs well.

I’ve not been able to waterproof them enough to not be sponges in wet, but in the dry cold- they rock.

Bump for Shannon and FTP for continuing to produce top notch products at an affordable price and for customer service that consistently goes above and beyond. If you own any of their gloves you already know, if you don't, you are missing out and likely overpaying!

^bought some mitts for Mrs Doremite thru the holiday sale!
    Uno mas

^She's going to be very happy. Warmest mitts I've ever had on...those things are like hand ovens.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    ^She's going to be very happy. Warmest mitts I've ever had on...those things are like hand ovens.
    High hopes given personal glove experience. I’ve had spotty success at mitten/glove purchases for the Mrs.
    Uno mas

all gloves/mitts now on sale for $20 off (= $60 a pair) plus MAG119 gets you another 10% off.
    Last edited by FlimFlamvanHam; 03-12-2021 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Incoherent

Can anyone compare the BC glove head to head with Kinco 901s?

Imo, fit is better, more durable on the FTPs. (2 full seasons vs. 1 season at best for kincos)
    I will most likely but the new elastic closure next time since the velcro strap crapped out early this season.

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Can anyone compare the BC glove head to head with Kinco 901s?
    FTP are a much better fit and function, it’s not even close. The BC aka Spring glove is what I wear pretty much all season. I have an extra pair in the truck for snow removal duties and a pair in the boat for early spring and late fall fishing adventures.

FTP are a bargain. Durable and warm

But when they switched to removable liners?
    Holy shitballs. Best glove at any price.

Gloves wet? Pull the liners overnight

Hands sweaty in spring? Pull the liners and wear the leather shell.

Can’t say enough about how great they are.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    FTP are a much better fit and function, it’s not even close. The BC aka Spring glove is what I wear pretty much all season. I have an extra pair in the truck for snow removal duties and a pair in the boat for early spring and late fall fishing adventures.
    Are they as warm? My first gen FTP gloves are way colder than 901s.

Thanks for the heads up

Picked up yet another pair for the family

Yes , thanks for posting the deal. Ordered a replacement for my 3 year old spring glove. Theyre still functional but one is starting to wear at the thumb.
    Picked up some BC's and a Tshirt. T's are reasonably priced as well.
    Out of curiousity i checked for their instagram account. Turns out i follow them but their last post was jan 3. Maybe more ig presence would boost sales also?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Are they as warm? My first gen FTP gloves are way colder than 901s.
    As warm but breath betterer. My hands run warm so ymmv.