Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Mag Deal from Free the Powder

Mags,

Thanks again for all your support. We are proud to announce our expanded and improved product line of premium ski gloves and mittens. This season we have added several new short cuff models with streamlined neoprene cuffs, several models with enhanced hand protection, and models for the warmer days and the coldest days. We have also updated our look, with a new logo, all-black and all-leather gloves.

We are offering Mags $20 off on our newest, top of the line models with free domestic shipping. This Mag deal will run through Monday. (Not eligible for further discount: limited supply Spring Glove and 16/17 models already on closeout.)

Please use discount code: MAG1825

https://www.freethepowder.com/collec...nter-2017-2018

Thanks,
    Pray for snow!
    Free the Powder

Great product, of course. Also, great little bit of ski history on the website.

Trying to use your temporary discount code but I get "Your cart does not meet the requirements for the MAG1825 discount code" when entering the code on your site. Have spring gloves in the cart.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Trying to use your temporary discount code but I get "Your cart does not meet the requirements for the MAG1825 discount code" when entering the code on your site. Have spring gloves in the cart.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
    I think the OP says the spring gloves are not eligible?

Just received an email from FTP explaining why the code wasn't working for my order.

"I'm sorry that we can't accommodate a discount on the Spring Gloves - unanticipated demand during the Pre-Order period has left us with limited inventory going into the season.
    If you'd like to cancel the order out we can do that, otherwise it will ship on Monday (11/06), and you'll receive a tracking number. Thanks again, and have a great season."

Amazingly fast reply from a small business on a Sunday morning. Props

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i cant believe ya got a collage edjumacated goat on your pro team
    i shred the pow pows with way more ermines than him
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Lobster mitts ordered, thanks FTP!

Random Question how are you all waterproofing these bad boys? Got a pair last year love them but want to waterproof them. I've heard of baking them with leather cream.

found this thread...
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-baking-gloves

Can I do the same with my FTP gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Random Question how are you all waterproofing these bad boys? Got a pair last year love them but want to waterproof them. I've heard of baking them with leather cream.

found this thread...
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-baking-gloves

Can I do the same with my FTP gloves?
    Any standard "waterproofing" product for leather works fine. I use SnoSeal cause it's cheap and effective. You can buy their products, they're cool, i'm sure more eco friendly or whatever.

They will never be waterproof -- just more water resistant. Waterproof means no breathability which is just as bad.

My application method is.

0) Pour beer.
    1) Slather liberally with snow seal on leather bits.
    2) Heat with a hair dryer or similar while rubbing in.
    3) Repeat 1/2 as necessary.

Don't overthink it. It ain't rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Any standard "waterproofing" product for leather works fine. I use SnoSeal cause it's cheap and effective. You can buy their products, they're cool, i'm sure more eco friendly or whatever.

They will never be waterproof -- just more water resistant. Waterproof means no breathability which is just as bad.

My application method is.

0) Pour beer.

This is how it works. Except I repeat 0-3 as needed. Snoseal is simple yet amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    fify

My masturbation method is.

0) Pour beer.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Order placed.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

No short cuff mitts this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    heyyyy, it would appear that way.

And all you guys snosealing. Heating to apply is a good idea but repeating is a waste of the product. The leather does not absorb it. You are really just waxing the the surface. Heating gets the snowseal (or nikwax or whatever) flowing into every nook and cranny but doing it more than once at a time you are really not getting any more snoseal into the leather but simply more on it. You should be wiping off the excess anyway.

Doing it more often after usage cannot be bad though as I find these wax treatments do not last all that long.

And like a poster above said: it does not waterproof: the leather still should breath (the beauty of leather) right along with the snoseal treatment but it is the waterproof liner on these that will keep them dry inside (aside from your sweat).

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    I see both last year's SX mitten still available as well as the black, all-leather Baldy mitten new for this season.

Just snagged some MX gloves for touring. Jazzed.

Rad, thanks for the hookup! Just picked up a pair of RX, excited to see how they compare to the BD offerings (or more likely, how they make the BD offerings look bad and overpriced).

And as an aside, your online checkout UI is the best, by far, that I've seen from any small outdoor gear company (and puts some bigger retailers to shame too). Props!

Solid deal.

I've got the RX and SX. These are dope gloves and well worth it. Get the treatment for them too it's good stuff!

RX3 ordered. Like a dumbass I didn't get my order in by Monday. Shannon helped me out. What great customer service, I see more pairs of these in my future.

Will you guys be doing another mag deal in the new year?

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    Will you guys be doing another mag deal in the new year?
    RX mitten, SX gloves, and MXP mtb gloves have all been working great for me and are available at very good prices in the outlet section of the website:
    https://www.freethepowder.com/collec...ski-glove-sale

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    ftp has been most generous to this community.
    Word

Look pretty sweet. How do these compare to Hestra in warmth and flexibility? Specifically the race AL vs the vertical cut free ride. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I see the 2020 line has been released, I've always been a fan of these gloves and am planning to pick up 2-3 more pairs this year, I found the code MAG119 still works for 10% off the new line.