Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

gear rumors 18/19

I know the 17/18 season hasn't even started yet, but I feel like enough companies do mid winter and spring releases that it isn't too early to start things off. Plus, I have some 18/19 gear rumor to get the ball rolling.

LINE skis will be expanding on the Pescado ski. Right now they only have the weirdly wide, weirdly short 180cm length 125mm waist current model. While I think its the best pow ski I have ever ridden, I am excited by the possibility of variations on the design. I have a review posted here if you are interested: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...do-mini-review

The current Pescado is pretty light for the size, and I think a narrower version would make an amazing touring ski, but also just a generally kick ass pow ski. I expect they will introduce a narrower version, and hopefully multiple lengths.

In other news, a local buddy and TGR member has teamed up with another local company to create "Go Fast Campers" which are pretty sweet.
    https://www.gofastcampers.com/

Full tilt is rumored to be dropping a boot to compete with the lupo TI for 18/19.

Cabrio, tech inserts, fits any binding. Don’t know any more about the boot, though. I saw a prototype in January.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Full tilt is rumored to be dropping a boot to compete with the lupo TI for 18/19.

Cabrio, tech inserts, fits any binding. Don’t know any more about the boot, though. I saw a prototype in January.
    It's real. Based off the Descendant. I've not posted pics at request of FT.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    I know the 17/18 season hasn't even started yet, but I feel like enough companies do mid winter and spring releases that it isn't too early to start things off. Plus, I have some 18/19 gear rumor to get the ball rolling.

LINE skis will be expanding on the Pescado ski. Right now they only have the weirdly wide, weirdly short 180cm length 125mm waist current model. While I think its the best pow ski I have ever ridden, I am excited by the possibility of variations on the design. I have a review posted here if you are interested: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...do-mini-review

The current Pescado is pretty light for the size, and I think a narrower version would make an amazing touring ski, but also just a generally kick ass pow ski. I expect they will introduce a narrower version, and hopefully multiple lengths.

In other news, a local buddy and TGR member has teamed up with another local company to create "Go Fast Campers" which are pretty sweet.
    Can you point me to Singles thread on the go fast campers? Can't find it

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Can you point me to Singles thread on the go fast campers? Can't find it
    I didn't know he posted one, here you go. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...o+fast+campers

I didn't know he posted one, here you go. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...o+fast+campers
    Thanks, wasn't looking in the Padded Room

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20171105-224759.jpg 
Views:	652 
Size:	908.5 KB 
ID:	215355

the new guardian (with pin)

180cm is weirdly short?

That looks...interesting.

Promising even.

Still wouldn't want to be 1st gen. tester.

Quote Originally Posted by buenonda View Post
    Wow! Looks sick. From the size and materials it seams like it could be a 700gramm binding. And that blue thing in the middle - acts like a huge step-in button while touring lever is up and when lever is down it is locked as a piece of Warden-like toe? I'm intrigued

I wonder if it will be $650 like tectons and kingpins. Wonder if the toe will release as safely as the tecton/vipec or if it will be a tib/fib risk like the kingpin...
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I hope they make it in 14 DIN..

Unlikely

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I don't see pins.....

Is this a similar design to the Pinding, with the sliding/fold away pins?
    Definitely intrigued.

Will the pinding ever see the light of day?
    And will it stand a chance against a similar product with Amer's marketing and distribution power?
    tune in next season to see how the saga develops...

^Very similar.

Perhaps they bought the IP?

I think Pinding has a patent on the exact movement but there are be other ways to show / hide pins. Also Pinding will be very heavy...

Toe release like Vipec. Looks like the blue lever slides the toe assembly backward and exposes pins on the toe wings for climbing, then pulls them forward and out of the way for the down. There's a heel elevator in front of the brake assembly, which looks kinda complex.

exciting times in binding-land for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    180cm is weirdly short?
    The way LINE measures it is.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by buenonda View Post
    Well, moving away from making the skier lift the entire, heavy-ass frame underfoot is certainly a good start.

At least one Richard Permin pro model ski. I'll post more details when I get them.

I saw a much narrower Pescado type ski from Line in September. Sanuk, I think it was called. Wide tips, lots of sidecut, pretty soft.

"At least one Richard Permin pro model ski. I'll post more details when I get them." - This sounds intriguing.

gear rumors 18/19

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    I saw a much narrower Pescado type ski from Line in September. Sanuk, I think it was called. Wide tips, lots of sidecut, pretty soft.
    Where was this?

Edit: godamnit... weren't those full rocker? Aka garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post

"At least one Richard Permin pro model ski. I'll post more details when I get them." - This sounds intriguing.
    Think of the old Volkls?