Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
    The cuff is different material on the 130 than the 120.

I wasn’t tracking any changes to the Cochise line. They have three brand new boots this year: Firebird WC, Mach1 HV, and ZeroG Tour. I doubt they made any real changes to the Cochise.

gear rumors 18/19

Like the fit in current ones, anyone tried new ones?
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Everyone needs to get out of their head about this boot. I am no expert but I can clearly see that they made this boot lighter by a little bit and somehow stiffer??? The fit of this boot was not fun unless you have a narrow foot... or want to put in the work.

It flexes like A Junk (AKA grilamid plastic which hasn’t changed since its inception) boot that feels soft but doesn’t have any play in it.

I have tried many grilamid boots (in the short time that this has been a material go to for ski boot manufacturers). I can tell you for a fact that grilamid flexes softer than any regular PU Plastics. In case you didn’t know.

I may be in the wrong threads but when it comes down to it, we are all skiers who need something that can handle any type of terrain (uphill or downhill) so we can do it all.

The manufacturers are close but I feel like their is a disconnect between the uphill and downhill performance.

Idea? Make a boot that has good range of motion and has some touring settings to it. Don’t sacrifice weight for downhill skiability and stop listening to all the people in Europe that want to skimo so bad. Stick to X-country skiing then.

Sorry for the rant. I am drunk and I should go to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yes you are drunk

1. Grilamid is way stiffer than other plastics, which is why they can use it in small amounts to create a lightweight boot that is still stiff. If you would make a PU boot with plastic that thin, it would probably collapse?

2. Cochise boot is not Grilamid.

^^^^^
    Hahahaha , drunk posting. I would always read those the next day and regret them and wonder what the fuck I was thinking

Sent from my VS987 using TGR Forums mobile app

Well, it’s made out of PE, so...

Quote Originally Posted by markcjr View Post
    ^^^^^
    Hahahaha , drunk posting. I would always read those the next day and regret them and wonder what the fuck I was thinking
    We've all been there. Next morning... let's see, no responses yet, I'm just gonna go ahead and delete this post. lol...

Anyone know what this new proto Vokl Sam Smoothy is skiing is all about? Looks like full rocker. Not sure if it's touring or Resort. Have seen him mount kingpins on confessions in some Instagram pics so could go either way.Name:  Screenshot_2018-09-03-21-33-50.jpeg
Views: 1619
Size:  36.5 KBName:  Screenshot_2018-09-03-21-33-39.jpeg
Views: 1629
Size:  38.4 KB

Sent from my LM-G710VM using TGR Forums mobile app

not sure but it looks like Bash 116? why do you think that's a proto?

I messaged him and he said it was a Proto, but that was all the info he could give

Nordica is apparently bringing out an Enforcer 104, in addition to the 100 and 110. Hand flexed reasonably stiff, and it was no lightweight. Did have a lot of tail rocker, though.

gear rumors 18/19

I want to try the new Atomic Vantage 107. Tight turning radius and light, but supposedly pretty darn charger. Looks like a hard charging tree and bump ski, to compliment Monsters or LP105 for wide open.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Nordica is apparently bringing out an Enforcer 104, in addition to the 100 and 110. Hand flexed reasonably stiff, and it was no lightweight. Did have a lot of tail rocker, though.
    So more like a scaled down Enforcer 110 than a wider 100 you think? Would be nice to have a free ride ski in that width that still playful but not too heavy even with some metal like in the 110.
    Wondering when this will start shipping as no one seems to know anything about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    So more like a scaled down Enforcer 110 than a wider 100 you think? Would be nice to have a free ride ski in that width that still playful but not too heavy even with some metal like in the 110.
    Wondering when this will start shipping as no one seems to know anything about it yet.
    From the little I know, yes. They looked like a proper freeride ski more than an Allmountain thing. My mate thought the tails were a bit loose at high speed, but then I was on my Pro Riders, and I think he had a bit of nothing’s-gonna-wash-these-tails-out envy :-)

Vantage 107 looks great. Stick it on my list to try. Still looking for a Scott P4 replacement.

Anyone got any info on the new Volkl Revolt 121 for next year?