Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

gear rumors 18/19

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    Looks familiar but with less radius
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Black Crows makes a hit on a Katana copy. Interesting. Even with titanal, what I understood from the video:
    https://youtu.be/GueX2pmJ8SQ
    The radius doesn’t match, though.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Black Crows makes a hit on a Katana copy. Interesting. Even with titanal, what I understood from the video:
    and on the blister podcast, the black crows weren't hiding the fact that the Deamon was inspired by the (rockered) mantra. Oh well, as a big cochise, bodacious and katana fan I cant complain when more of such skis make their appearance.
    Didn't understand much of that video though.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Oh well, as a big cochise, bodacious and katana fan I cant complain when more of such skis make their appearance.
    You my man. Still don’t understand why those skis and the subtle full rocker profile disappeared gradually from the market. Who the fuck needs camber with tons of rocker in a freeride ski for. So let’s hope Black Crows does it right with the new Corvus.

Smith goggles coming out with magnetic interface for lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Smith goggles coming out with magnetic interface for lenses.
    I loved this on my Anon goggles but there were reports of beacon interference... interesting.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

magnets in your goggles interfering with your beacon? seems unlikely
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I loved this on my Anon goggles but there were reports of beacon interference... interesting.
    I had them and all the magnets fell off the lenses... went back to Oakley...

New Tip with less taper for the DPS Lotus 124 and no more spoon in the entire DPS lineup.

I really wonder what drives them to do away with their trademark feature. I'm a bit sad they no longer focus on powder skis and that they no longer make the lotus 120, 138 and the spoon. It was nice how they could create all this myth around the company and so on and now they are becoming just another ski company.

Sure, most of you won't care and feel like they knew it from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoK View Post
    New Tip with less taper for the DPS Lotus 124 and no more spoon in the entire DPS lineup.

I really wonder what drives them to do away with their trademark feature. I'm a bit sad they no longer focus on powder skis and that they no longer make the lotus 120, 138 and the spoon. It was nice how they could create all this myth around the company and so on and now they are becoming just another ski company.

Need to sell skis man....simple. most people don't need or understand spoon tech...very limited market.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    I had them and all the magnets fell off the lenses... went back to Oakley...
    I have ridden mine for a long time, nothing like this on any of the lenses. Nor heard of it from anyone. Did you warranty the lenses?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I was just reflecting how generic their product lineup is becoming. The 124 isn't dissimilar to any other powder ski on the market, really just a big s7 or bentchetler with fancy construction.

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I was just reflecting how generic their product lineup is becoming. The 124 isn't dissimilar to any other powder ski on the market, really just a big s7 or bentchetler with fancy construction.

Sad.
    Fancy, unnecessarily expensive, construction

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Can't understand any of that video, but did they mention the weight? If they kept it heavy, that could be an awesome ski.

DPS has been making their ski progressively worse for a decade. But the colors keep getting prettier. Business model seems to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post

Step 1: DPS has been making their ski progressively worse for a decade.

Step 2: But the colors keep getting prettier.

Step 3: Profit!

Business model seems to be working.

I just spat dps koolaid all over my CPU

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post

gargle my sack

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    I have ridden mine for a long time, nothing like this on any of the lenses. Nor heard of it from anyone. Did you warranty the lenses?

I tried to but turns out I was literally 1 day late... I tried gluing them but the came loose again... happened to both lenses...

both lenses I still own but not used for a few years...

Oakley Prizm lenses are better than Anon....

I really wonder what drives them to do away with their trademark feature.
    they are a premium priced luxury good in a luxury good market, you have to change often sales drop fast.

In the past magnetic interference has been reported with beacons https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...nsceiver-Users

Hard part is actually KEEP selling those same skis... especially things like the 138 and spoon.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    they are a premium priced luxury good in a luxury good market, you have to change often sales drop fast.
    I would assume therefore you should keep your brand unique. Louis Vuitton sales the same bag since ages...
    I would say the spoon, for sure not their best selling ski, helped their image as innovative and core brand. So you could have this image when buying a different model from DPS -> other models sell better because of the spoon.
    You have to have a consistent image. Look at black crows... very consistent. Selling very good.

Maybe it is best for them as they did it last year with a limited run of the 138. The ski becomes rare and you get a lot of attention with the hole buzz of the short time of it being available. Also you do not produce a lot of/ too many skis for a saturated niche market. You sell direct and get more profit without the shops margin etc.

So far so good. I still like my spoons and 120s a lot and would love to see them back in the lineup. I have a hard time thinking the 124 is the right shape to replace both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Can't understand any of that video, but did they mention the weight? If they kept it heavy, that could be an awesome ski.
    Well, my 191 cm metal Katanas are not that heavy. They hit exactly 2300 g on my kitchen scale. But I guess 2300 g belongs nowadays into the heavy category.