Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    thoughts and prayers you’re feeling that same
    warm fuzzy when the lad is 15. #teenagersuck
    Teenagers have their moments.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Getting my online holiday shopping done early for once so I don't have to fret about getting it on time (for items that I need to turn around and send out).

And I found these - a blast from my childhood past! My brothers and I always fought over them and would hide them around the tree/house. We're talking the 1960s (although the elves are from the 40s/50s - my grandmother's decorations) long long before "Elf on a Shelf"

Last edited by KQ; 11-10-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

A new rain coat on a dismal day:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_006440.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	653.7 KB 
ID:	215708
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Fresh coat of Rain X on the windshield during a heavy rain

Quote Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
    Nice when we lose power. Heat the house and warm up food and coffee. Thankfully my wife doesn't mind being my inside assistant when I'm up on the roof sweeping the chimney.
    Attachment 215603
    My wife cleans the chimney, gets the pine needles off the roof. She's an ex gymnast, much better on ladders and roofs than I am.
    She's up on the roof getting the pine needles off, yells down to me--"what would you do if I fell off this roof and got killed?" "I guess I'd have to hire someone to clean the roof." (We're both getting too old for roofs. Hired the chimney sweep the last time. We'll have to figure out what to do about the pine needles--finding someone bonded and insured to do that kind of work is near impossible these days.

i'd think tahoe is full of climber types that would do it for cashmoney & zero liability if you provide the ladder & blower

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My wife cleans the chimney, gets the pine needles off the roof. She's an ex gymnast, ...
    Obviously we're going to need full frontal naked pics from her in her mid-twenties to believe this fake news...

...per TGR SOP.

That would be a few things that are good.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    i'd think tahoe is full of climber types that would do it for cashmoney & zero liability if you provide the ladder & blow
    FIFY.
    Actually I have a climber type kid I can try to get to do it. (Funny thing is--his nickname in HS was cashmoney).

on my way through town I got through all the lights just before the went yellow. such an underrated satisfaction!
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    having an amazing parent teacher conference about the boy
    of course- such an awesome little guy
    skid luxury

A sleeping 3 year old.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 201
Size:  15.2 KB

blue cheese!

Manchego with walnuts is friggin good

Crotonese and olives is even better

Pecorino with Spec or Sopresata is the best

Reading Tolstoy by candlelight. He is the best goddamned writer who ever lived. And I would stand on Proust's dining room table in my hunting boots and say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    Reading Tolstoy by candlelight. He is the best goddamned writer who ever lived. And I would stand on Proust's dining room table in my hunting boots and say that.

As long as we have you on the line, what do you really think about your buddy Ezra Pound's stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    As long as we have you on the line, what do you really think about your buddy Ezra Pound's stuff?
    Young Man,

Ezra was very kind to me when I first moved to Paris. He was pretentious and we used to call him "The Village Explainer," which means he would've fit in just fine here in TRG. In the boxing ring he moved around like a crayfish. He thought whisky was only for imbeciles and he might have been right about that. His wife was beautiful and let him have all the lovers he wanted in order to feed his art. They lived so cheaply that they shared a spoon. He lived on the Rue Notre Dame des Champs when I met him. People called it a street filled with genius but he was the only real genius I ever met there.

Pound could write beautifully. He could also write a lot of manure. But in those days many people wrote manure. Not many could write beautifully, certainly not as beautifully as Ezra. Even after his mind decayed and he endorsed the Fascists, there was always poetry inside the man. His mind, and therefore his poetry, was like the Mediterranean Sea, littered with treasure and wreckage. And who doesn't love the Mediterranean Sea?

Young Man,

Ezra was very kind to me when I first moved to Paris. He was pretentious and we used to call him "The Village Explainer," which means he would've fit in just fine here in TRG. In the boxing ring he moved around like a crayfish. He thought whisky was only for imbeciles and he might have been right about that. His wife was beautiful and let him have all the lovers he wanted in order to feed his art. They lived so cheaply that they shared a spoon. He lived on the Rue Notre Dame des Champs when I met him. People called it a street filled with genius but he was the only real genius I ever met there.

Pound could write beautifully. He could also write a lot of manure. But in those days many people wrote manure. Not many could write beautifully, certainly not as beautifully as Ezra. Even after his mind decayed and he endorsed the Fascists, there was always poetry inside the man. His mind, and therefore his poetry, was like the Mediterranean Sea, littered with treasure and wreckage. And who doesn't love the Mediterranean Sea?
    Well said. Let me get the next round.

my restaurant stainless pot sink with high powered sprayer is good. gets baked on food off the pots, lots of room for my biggest pots, great for washing paint brushes. Not to code of course (2 gpm my ass).

TRG
    ^This.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    zero liability
    No such thing

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I watch that on a pretty regular basis. Dude is fuckin sick.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    I watch that on a pretty regular basis. Dude is fuckin sick.
    Yea, I watch alot of ski video. Often I watch and think ehh, I can do that "Have done that"

This one. I cant do that!!!
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Powder days when not a lot of people are on the hill. Only had a few of those but damn it doesn't get better than that resort skiing that is.

^^^ Midweek powder is the best, many weekend warriors cannot escape work Wed/Thur and it keeps crowds down.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime