Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthmafia View Post
    What about these kids that are setting up a “jib” in there backyard, and just hit that all day. Does that count as a aki day?
    If their 'normal' ski day is 95% spent in The Park, than that home day is just a 'normal' day with less vertical.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    he is a well known liar to this community
    Quoted for truth.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthmafia View Post
    What about these kids that are setting up a “jib” in there backyard, and just hit that all day. Does that count as a aki day?
    My standard is three linked turns...so they may not get a ski day in even when they go to a ski area.

YMMV, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    I've had to have averaged well over 65 the last 5 years since my daughter was born.
    65 per season?? First kid is due in January... this gives me hope

Yeah...whopping 27 days. Each one of them hard fought. 2 hr up. 2-5 hrs back. When I "retire" in 2 yrs I'm just gonna be a 50 days slacker.

I get the "who counts" mentality; however, when you don't own your life you have to set attainable goals, put them on the calendar 400 days out and do them almost no matter what.

So for me, this is my minimum to stay sane
    25 days on the snowboard
    100 days on the MTN bike
    140 engine hours on the boat
    25 nights sleeping in the mountains
    15 night sleeping on the lake
    2 14ers

Maybe someday I'll move to a ski town and put 100 days in. Just need to find one with a lake that isn't 60 degrees in August.

Lived in the Alps for a season, rode everyday from like Jan 5 to April 15, count it for me will ya? That was 08-09.. not a bad timing either

I got 198 in 2000-01. Then a bunch at 175 ish then 150 ish to 100 to 50 to 30 . Now I'm counting surf days and miles in the running shoes. Surprised my knees are holding up

80-something days on a fake Sunday River season's pass I made with the name "Johnny Walker" on it...yeah, I did some stupid stuff in college.

Scared-straight shortly thereafter by a judge for some more serious mischief...
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 11-09-2017 at 12:14 AM.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I skied 129 days one year. I skied over 100 days on the lifts, as well as 10 or more post season hiking, for eight years.

Changes in my life lead to much fewer days the past few season's, but I do have romantic memories of the daily pilgrimage to the mountain, to get my precious turns in before work, or better, to ski bell to bell, day in, day out. However the truth is, that skiing over 100 days is fun that hurts, and it's hard to keep up on other aspects of life.

It takes real dedication to do it every day for most of the time there is snow. Counting the days is a silly game we play to amuse ourselves, and motivate ourselves to ski more.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Playing a little fast and loose with the term "fellow mag".
    What the best vehicle to leave on in your garage with a hose from the tail pipe to the driver's seat? I heard Honda CRV.
    dsm, finding one with over 80,000miles will really hasten the process. Just gassing the tgr persona will be fine.
    ​I am not in your hurry

With teenage kids in volleyball and basketball, it got hard to rack up a lot of days even owning a place on a hill.. Still, usually 12-14 days over XMas/New Years and various weekends, I could get in close to 30. When my older boy was doing low level freestyle comps at resorts around Alberta, I got to 35-40. That’s with a 60-70 hour a week job....not bad overall. I figure a layoff at any time and I can get my Level 1and 2 instructors for some cash, a little teaching/resort guiding and should be good for 100days on snow and 60-80 rounds of bad golf....

And while I won’t impose my expectations on others, the comments wishing self harm by others are so far out of line as to be only considered as deplorable and bad taste as I have ever experienced. It also illustrates a complete lack of empathy and an empty soul. My wife and I have lost three friends to suicide in the past five years. My son lost a good friend the same way at 15 years old. Others here I am sure have experienced similar losses, if not more immediate. I have not been around this board to know all the personalities, but most of what I have read has been positive to the spirit and love of the outdoors and those who enjoy the fresh air. Only a total tool would say such a thing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

have averaged 70 or so days a year for the last 45 years. most was some were around 135 days.last 15 years average about 85 days also fish the surf on the average of 100 nights a season and quite a few day trips

61 and 59 days in the two years since my daughter was born. I'm pretty happy with that, given my weekend warrior status. I've enjoyed counting days if only for the fact that it allows me to look back at my notes and remember fun days on skis.

I have been trying to ski my age in days since about 40. Last year got over 55 with 20 in Colorado, 12 in Utah and the rest at my bump in Ohio. Some of them under the lights and I don’t do rails. Need more, just gotta get kids to move on so they can come visit me and not me crashing their pads.

Three so far. Usually I lose track by around five.
    I'm so hot right now!

Best year ever was over a 100. For the last 10 years I've been at around 20. So, last year when I skied over 50 days I was chuffed!! From here on out I'll be around 50 or so.
    パウダーバカ!!

130 or so last year. I'm on 8 so far this year. (since patrol days count now, otherwise it's a pretty damn small number)

My record is 164 days at Sunday River, Maine in '92/'93. I only missed 4 days of the season that year.
    Since moving to Colorado in '93, I've averaged 80-120 day seasons.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post
    Probably 10. Which is impressive since I lived in Hawaii when this happened.

I did log a winter surf season here on Oahu when I graduated college where I surfed good waves almost daily for 5 months since I was living my surf bum fantasy.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using TGR Forums mobile app
    second.

I believe, it's been a few years since that season; I did 22 and I live in Houston and get 10 days vacation.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Just a great, great thread.

Fuck you idiot. And stop posting.
    Oh, shit. I just fed the troll. OK, dsm you win, you are now on ignore to join your alias DD. Adios moran!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I'm such gaper fuckwad poser JONG. I think the most I ever attained was 50? Maybe 60?

The last two seasons have only been about 25 or so.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    1,525 days so far in an endless season (skiing every month since November of 2003.)
    136 days is the most so far in one "season" (2004-2005.)
    Another good goal to attain is to ski at least as many days as your age each "season."

164 days.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

sadly, didn't start until 13ish years ago i think i hit 30 one of my earliest seasons, averaged 20 for a while, dropped lower after the boy was born and missed all of one and part of another season from injuries. now that the boy is bigger and loves skiing, i'm trying to ramp it back up.