Favorite hikes/ campgrounds in J Tree

Me and Mrs. Dblatto are headed to Joshua Tree for a few nights next week, mid week. She's spent some time in there before, I have not.

What are your favorite hikes around the park? What's your favorite campground? We're not rock climbers.

Weather seems perfect for extended long day hikes. Highs in the low 70s, I'm pumped.

Thanks for any advice and direction.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Where did you end up hiking/camping?

Thumbs up Favorite hikes

{Favorite hikes} Simple love you....

Just seeing this, Jumbo rocks is a great campground. The spots are quiet, private, clean and there are fun mini-hikes all around that area.

The Chula Cactus garden was rad. Mt Ryan is chock full of families and old grannies schlepping their way up, but the view from the top is pretty cool. The hike in to the Willows was our favorite hike. The key was to go beyond the Willows and there is another pocket canyon back there where you can scramble up the walls and post up for some really visually striking areas.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Try the Little San Bernardino Mountains in the southwestern part next time.

Try Wonderland of Rocks Loop via Barker Dam Loop also. We went there last yer. The unique rock formations are so impressive. The piles of boulders are a great subject for photographs.

Smile Barker Dam and Pine City

Definitely Hidden Valley. That's a must. Barker Dam and Pine City would be my two flat easy hikes about two miles round trip. If you want one a bit longer than 2 miles round trip, Willow Hole is about 5 miles round trip.

in the Thar desert of India

My 1st campside experience was at Sam sand dune in Jaisalmer and it was amazing. Since then I have been to Alps, Himalayas but still Thar Desert and Sam sand dune area is my all time favourite.