Philly Bike Expo?

Any EC mags going to the Philly Bike Expo this weekend? I will be at the Rotor booth when I'm not stuffing cheesesteaks in my facehole.
    I will actually probably only be able to stuff cheesesteak in facehole tomorrow at lunch when I get into town. Geno's? Pats? Both? Other, less played out options?

Also, any suggestions for delicious beers in the downtown area? Show is at the Philly convention center, we're staying nearby. Not driving anywhere. Good brew pubs or spots with good draft selection?

Also, for anyone in NYC, Rotor is throwing a launch party for the UNO hydraulic group at the R&A warehouse tonight. Beer, food, beautiful bike parts. There will be 2 bikes set up on trainers with the kits and you can get your dork on with the powermeter software displays as well.

I'd come visit but ~$40 in tolls, $20 or more to park and the fee to get into the show make it kind of not worth the trip. There's a huge indoor food court kind of thing at street level below the convention center where the show is with all sorts of good food and libations but I don't remember which street the entrance is on, ask around I'm sure people will know.

If you're going to be staying around the northeast for a few days and want to go for a ride here in the LHV let me know and I'll show you around.

Don't waste your time at Pat's or Geno's, mediocre at best. Go directly across the street from the Convention Center to Reading Terminal Market and eat at any number of restaurants inside. Had one of the best Corn beef sandwiches of my life in there. There's one sit-down bar at the back with a decent beer selection and great sandwiches. There's also a ton of other small market type places to grab other stuff from. There are a few cheesesteak places too if you must.

Cheesesteaks, I've had better ones elsewhere. Pat's was edible, but that's about it. At least there was some old guy yelling obscenities at us while we ate. I love Philly.

Go pee in the Schuylkill river for me.

If you see some guys in a skinny row boat grunting in spandex really close to each other, think to yourself 'heh, kidwoo used to do that here'
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

G-lover: tolls- I forget about those things. This a quick trip, red-eye tonight and back out Sunday. But I hope to do a more extended EC trip with dealer visits at some point.
    Shredgnar: Excellent info. Thanks!
    Woo: you’re like an onion

Also, how the fuck do you pronounce Schuylkill?!

SKOO-cull

Monk's cafe
    25 beers on tap over 250 bottles

Tired Hands Brewery is definitely worth a trip by train or car. Not many good options near the city for breweries. A few good beer bars though.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Woo: you’re like an onion

Definitely smell like one.

shkool kill
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Philly Bike Expo?

Any EC mags going to the Philly Bike Expo this weekend? I will be at the Rotor booth when I'm not stuffing cheesesteaks in my facehole.
    I will actually probably only be able to stuff cheesesteak in facehole tomorrow at lunch when I get into town. Geno's? Pats? Both? Other, less played out options?

Also, any suggestions for delicious beers in the downtown area? Show is at the Philly convention center, we're staying nearby. Not driving anywhere. Good brew pubs or spots with good draft selection?
    Wish I could be there. Went the first year it was held while we lived there.

Pats, Geno’s—- JUST NO

Cheesesteak- Johns roast pork in south philly is worth the uber ride if you ask me. Best steak around. It’s a blue collar joint and has limited hours.

Dinics in Reading Terminal makes a great Roast Pork w/ sharp Provolone and broccoli rabe. Reuben mentioned above was probably from Herschel’s which is adjacent to Dinic’s. Can’t go wrong either way. Beiler’s donuts too. I’m partial to the blueberry fritters. Old City Coffee too.

People like Yards for brews in fishtown/northern liberties. Lots of good food and hip bars out that end of the city.

More good info. Thank you. I’m in Reading Terminal right now. This place is magic. If I go missing, look for my bloated, beef filled corpse here.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Reading Terminal Market never disappoints. Agree on Geno's and Pats, touristy and not worth the effort.

In addition to Monks, look for a place named The Foodery, as I recall a few blocks from Monk's. Huge selection of bottled beers, and in a location good for interesting people watching, both inside and on the street. Outdoor dining and drinking is centered at Rittenhouse Square, if the weather is nice on a Friday or Saturday evening that will be the place to hang.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

More good info. Thank you. I’m in Reading Terminal right now. This place is magic. If I go missing, look for my bloated, beef filled corpse here.
    Get me some of the cheese from the Amish ladies!

That's the place I was thinking of. The few times I've been there it was crazy crowded but I've only been there on weekend days, is it like that today too?

Yep. It’s busy, but everyone is happy and filled with delicious foods. I’m digging Philly.