Page 109 of 214 FirstFirst ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 5329
    Ha ha ha... You gonna sack up and run that with me again this year Dave? Definitely need to clean up the chop-stix though. Have you been into that drainage to see what the snow pack is like?

New to you drysuit should make you feel like superman!

EAST COAST ROLL CALL - Turn it up to 11

1-2” of silk by closing bell on top of a crust that wouldn’t take no for an answer at MRG. The bumps were brutal, yet still enjoyable.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2118.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	786.0 KB 
ID:	224504
    Last edited by AyoBeng; 02-16-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks for the tips. I'll check out ski monster. Wouldn't mind getting some boots but unlikely I'll get any mountain time in this year due to finances(and not having skis, ha). Hoping to pick up a pass for somewhere next year and can make a go at it again.

Has ski technology advanced past Rossi axioms, iggy fgs and explosifs?!

I will be at the Waterville Valley Nordic center Sunday if anyone is looking for change for a nickle.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post

Nope. The Rossignol Axiom is still the epitome of an east coast daily driver!

Name:	IMG_4376.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	831.4 KB 
ID:	224522

If you still got a pair these in your closet, you are one lucky dude. When you show up at the hill, all the girls are going to want you and all the guys are going to want to be you.

You will be granted local status.........instantly.

Thanks for the tips. I'll check out ski monster. Wouldn't mind getting some boots but unlikely I'll get any mountain time in this year due to finances(and not having skis, ha). Hoping to pick up a pass for somewhere next year and can make a go at it again.

I will be at the Waterville Valley Nordic center Sunday if anyone is looking for change for a nickle.
    Base camp out of Schussbiggins and get your gear in the greater Killington region. Then ski here. Or don't, I never liked you anyway.

+1 Stan and dans for boot work. Solid guys.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

By any chance was there anyone from here at the Parlor skis shop night Thurs night??

For my part, I did three harrowing laps on Suicide Six this evening. I didn't have a beacon, probe, or partner so didn't venture near Easy Mile, opting for Bunny's Boulevard for my upward route instead.

I just feel lucky to have made it home to tell my tale. Frozen corn in the dark is so choice, if you have the means, I highly recommend it.

^^^Dude. Don't blow up my stash.

Heading west, that ought to turn the snain to snow? Cheers y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    ^^^Dude. Don't blow up my stash.

Heading west, that ought to turn the snain to snow? Cheers y'all.
    Don't worry, no one would believe it until they found themselves near death on its icy upper reaches. It looks so unassuming from the road!

You ever get out there in the evenings? I'm there pretty regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Don't worry, no one would believe it until they found themselves near death on its icy upper reaches. It looks so unassuming from the road!

You ever get out there in the evenings? I'm there pretty regularly.
    I do. See ya out there. Ascutney too. Just needs to snow again.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    I do. See ya out there. Ascutney too. Just needs to snow again.
    I'll probably never make it that far south since I work in the den of iniquity that is West Leb. S6 is 15 minutes from home via dirt roads and less mileage than taking 89. Plus, Old River Road hones driving skills!

I'm usually there by 5 or so, I'll keep an eye out for other uphill humans.

And snow? What's that?

EAST COAST ROLL CALL - Turn it up to 11

Made to Snow Shoe.
    Having a pint and a shot.
    6 hour drive with broken hip was rough.

So I've been skate skiing all winter after moving back here but am now itching to get back to 'real' skiing. Been out of the scene 8 years or so. Tossed my plug boots because they hurt like a motherfucker and were sitting in my basement not getting used.

Living in Boston area, where should I go check out boots?
    I like Ski Monster. But I'm not sure if they have really good boot fitters. I've always either gone north (PJ Dewey at Race Stock in VT is great) or to Ski Stop in Westwood, Mass. There was a guy Klaus (sp?) there that was excellent with boot fitting. I don't think he followed Ski Stop over to Boston Ski & Tennis when Ski Stop was sold. The previous owner of Ski Stop, Phil, is still involved, so I'm sure there's still good boot fitters over there. Just to throw out some other options.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Nope. The Rossignol Axiom is still the epitome of an east coast daily driver!

Name:	IMG_4376.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	831.4 KB 
ID:	224522

If you still got a pair these in your closet, you are one lucky dude. When you show up at the hill, all the girls are going to want you and all the guys are going to want to be you.

You will be granted local status.........instantly.

Too awesome. LOVED those boards. Once I stopped alpine we deconstructed a few pairs. Peeled off the top sheet, cut 15 cm off the tail and they were short rockered fat tele ski. Skied everything on them in Alico leather boots, the kind with 1 buckle. Recently turned them into my kids pow skis. Those and the pair of Wolff Cold Smokes bring back the memories from my early ski days way back in 2000.

I have not scouted the Devils Washbowl. I would like to think I would run it with you this year, it's more likely a "Some day" but not "Some Day Soon" item. Need to get more (some) time in the boat first. I'll help ya clean it though. You hear the upper dam is coming out here in Northfield?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4050028.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	224566

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Ha! Nice. But check this out...Patriots lose but I still win. Thanks FD and the Eagles! BD is doing it wrong
    Wait... so the Patriots lost and you still won... from an Eagles fan?! [SCRATCHES HEAD]

I'm not sure I want to know how, or what you did to get these beers... [DUCKS FOR COVER]
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Nice article on the Thunderbolt ski race and trail: https://www.skiracing.com/premium/th...a-nearly-lost1
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

You entering? Bring some beers.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Sunny and crisp, big wind last night likely moved the smidgeon of new snow over spots you should avoid. Get after it!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Yo kooks looks like some flying going on down south, beer as well. Wish it was closer.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Good times there as a teen ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Wait... so the Patriots lost and you still won... from an Eagles fan?! [SCRATCHES HEAD]

I'm not sure I want to know how, or what you did to get these beers... [DUCKS FOR COVER]
    I didn't read this, but I think FD did.

I heard complaints of next weeks forecast, but just finally looked. Wow.

www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by bern43 View Post
    I like Ski Monster. But I'm not sure if they have really good boot fitters. I've always either gone north (PJ Dewey at Race Stock in VT is great) or to Ski Stop in Westwood, Mass. There was a guy Klaus (sp?) there that was excellent with boot fitting. I don't think he followed Ski Stop over to Boston Ski & Tennis when Ski Stop was sold. The previous owner of Ski Stop, Phil, is still involved, so I'm sure there's still good boot fitters over there. Just to throw out some other options.
    Second PJ at Racestock for fitting. Went to him a few weeks ago. Put my trust in him and so far so great with new boots and fit.