Page 173 of 214 FirstFirst ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 5329
    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    ....bummer that mad didn't get more....
    Under 190 inches for the season. Totals like that are in the future....

Matt and the board have some snowmaking vision, with the first thing being the purchase of the demo fan-gun and something not made clear about plans for further growth.

Kind of fun hitting GS speeds T2B...burning thigh fun.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Was up at Smuggs on Saturday, had a great time demo'ing some ON3P gear and catching the pond skim with all the good costumes. Fell in love with the 98 Kartels (as I thought I would), they were super confident even in the scraped off bumps I took them through.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    My friend A*** is here this week doing some volunteer work for the Vailmont™ patrol. Arrived home last night wound up and pissed off at Vail. Seems corporate flew a woman out from Vail this Wednesday to shake things up. On Thursday she let 9 long term employees go including Director of Patrol the last 12 years who has been on the crew for 43 years. 11 days before end of season with no severance and a lack of compassion for him and the rest of the patrol.
    bush did a lot of this as well 16 years ago, seems to be the norm.
    man that sucks, I've been hearing a few stories like this as Vail swoops in

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Nope. Much older and crustier.

Was there April 1 to today.
    Ahahahahahaha - Worlds collide

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Ahahahahahaha - Worlds collide

Haha nice! Good TR from the old guys. They re-dub the lower part of eagle the AARP bowl. I'm happy to have had to good fortune of being in Gaspe with the Gray Ghost again. That guy is rad.
    27° 18°

I know the little headwall is melted out pretty much, but is the Sherby still skiing all the way to the car? Bringing the rock skis anyway so don't care about that nonsense...

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Not condoning the jump off the lift (though it does seem to be a right of passage), if the line is so dangerous to get everyone worked up, how did the person survive the run?

The skiing itself is ok for 3-4 turns, but that’s not the point. VT Tramway has closed the run because it endangers *passengers* of said aerial tramway. If an inspector was to see tracks and feel like being a dick about us not being big enough dicks about it he could shut Red down.

Then we have the safety issues inherent with guests jumping off the lift, which are many.

It’s just front to back a shitty idea, hence going back to multiple snow fences and poop-covered punji sticks in between. Maybe a corpse or two if we have time, who knows.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    The skiing itself is ok for 3-4 turns, but that’s not the point. VT Tramway has closed the run because it endangers *passengers* of said aerial tramway. If an inspector was to see tracks and feel like being a dick about us not being big enough dicks about it he could shut Red down.

Then we have the safety issues inherent with guests jumping off the lift, which are many.

It’s just front to back a shitty idea, hence going back to multiple snow fences and poop-covered punji sticks in between. Maybe a corpse or two if we have time, who knows.
    sucks to have to put up a bunch of ugly orange fencing because of one kook a year. sorry.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Miss you already Magic. Anyone end up hitting this? (From yesterday)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3512.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	231774

VT Tramway has closed the run because it endangers *passengers* of said aerial tramway. If an inspector was to see tracks and feel like being a dick about us not being big enough dicks about it he could shut Red down.

Interesting. Learned something new today. Didn't realize the power of executive lifties.

Definitely put a Yankees jersey on the corpse though.

A corpse on the punjis might just work!

Name:	RedLine.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	231777
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

this jumper on red was a boarder, any other questions?

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    sucks to have to put up a bunch of ugly orange fencing because of one kook a year. sorry.
    Unfortunately, it's way more than 1 per season. Probably the same douchebags that feel compelled to dump their Bud Light and Silver Bullet cans on the snow.

My idea is barely visible stainless steel cables strung at neck level.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    A corpse on the punjis might just work!

Name:	RedLine.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	231777
    Did you draw that? It freaking brilliant. I want it as a sticker for my helmet. Just change the skis to a board. Gold!
    crab in my shoe mouth

You have stickers on your helmet?

Go wait in the school bus.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Unfortunately, it's way more than 1 per season. Probably the same douchebags that feel compelled to dump their Bud Light and Silver Bullet cans on the snow.

My idea is barely visible stainless steel cables strung at neck level.
    I like the way you think!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    this jumper on red was a boarder, any other questions?
    Easy now guy!

Glad to have made it down for a few days this yr finally. Great vibe, kind people, fun hill, a present and engaging owner not to mention DW literally doing every job possible on the mtn from first bell to well after last. Anybody who doesn't appreciate what is happening down there simply doesn't get it. Looking forward to making it down for Ullr Fest this yr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post

Not gonna lie, that looks incredibly tempting. If it was there at the end of a day ticket I would be hard pressed to avoid a side woods entry...

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Not gonna lie, that looks incredibly tempting. If it was there at the end of a day ticket I would be hard pressed to avoid a side woods entry...
    With the 6" of snow we got Friday night, that line is nothing but a ski/board destroyer. The selfish, entitled, fuck-everyone-else-as-long-as-I-get-mine attitude is why Lynchy wants blood. As DoWork noted, a Tramway inspector that's having a bad day could shut the place down for one douchebag. It really is a big deal.

Besides, we were still finding untracked lines that were totally legal at the end of the day on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post

Well, that's a good reason to add lifters to the towers. Is that a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    With the 6" of snow we got Friday night, that line is nothing but a ski/board destroyer. The selfish, entitled, fuck-everyone-else-as-long-as-I-get-mine attitude is why Lynchy wants blood. As DoWork noted, a Tramway inspector that's having a bad day could shut the place down for one douchebag. It really is a big deal.

Besides, we were still finding untracked lines that were totally legal at the end of the day on Saturday.
    Board destroyer? That's what they make p-tex for.

And please, enough with lynchy being all pissed. He's the first one to poach a sweet looking line...I've done it with him for christ sakes.

They need more signs stating why it's closed. "Hey, the lift inspector is a Nazi, don't ski this line or......"

EAST COAST ROLL CALL - Turn it up to 11

I chased a local bud to the top of Bromley this afternoon. 29 minutes to the top. 3 minutes faster than my best and he still beat me up there.

If you want to ski upper red, climb up during the off season but don’t be a d-bag and jump off the lift.

yeah dowork, sorry about the need for the mesh

40 ft chain link fence just above the pipes, take away the reward.

you rent the tracked drill rig and ill run it.

and yes, the dude did nothin but sideslip his board for 30 ft. on ledge. awesome run

When I was at Magic this year it was easy to see it was part of the culture to respect this rope. I didn't look too closely but I thought maybe with the way Red is low to the ground, that it was possible for skiers and lift riders to collide.

Thanks DW for the explanation.

Keep in mind this is happening while this dumbass is jumping off the lift....

Name:	IMG_5284 (2).jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	267.0 KB 
ID:	231852

Name:	29873343_10216408992801053_5100265720327629072_o.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	355.5 KB 
ID:	231853