Page 208 of 214 FirstFirst ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 5329
    thanks GONIFF ....
    always forward but never straight

The best runs at the Glen go down before the Mtn opens. Once the ropes drop it's over. Skiing the steeps off the top with a deep blanket of natural snow and no hidden moguls underneath only happens for a coupla days. If we're luck, the January melt down gets it back down to dirt, or close and we can enjoy another round of preseason. Ideally, there is great snow up high and not enough for them to open down low. Those conditions can last for a good coupla weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug1k1zSgJW8
    Of course now the lot will be full with skinners and you're better off at near by areas where skinning is "Illegal". Keeps out the posers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW5awYNiQVw

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    The best runs at the Glen go down before the Mtn opens. Once the ropes drop it's over. Skiing the steeps off the top with a deep blanket of natural snow and no hidden moguls underneath only happens for a coupla days. If we're luck, the January melt down gets it back down to dirt, or close and we can enjoy another round of preseason. Ideally, there is great snow up high and not enough for them to open down low. Those conditions can last for a good coupla weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug1k1zSgJW8
    Of course now the lot will be full with skinners and you're better off at near by areas where skinning is "Illegal". Keeps out the posers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW5awYNiQVw
    New Jersey Dave you’re certainly no poser
    You had the whole mountain to yourself and took the easy way down?

EAST COAST ROLL CALL - Turn it up to 11

Interesting read about the avy in Smugglers Notch last winter.

https://vtskiandride.com/avalanche-r...otch-released/
    Last edited by Peruvian; 09-20-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Instead of melting down to grass I usually prefer some nice new snow to fill it all in but different strokes and all that.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Vibes and healing thoughts needed for the head of Killington!!

The KPAA was asked to share the information below on behave of Killington Resort President & GM, Mike Solimano. I'm sure I speak for all of us that pray for a speedy recovery.

To Killington Community:

This weekend, we received news that Killington Resort President & GM, Mike Solimano, was admitted to the hospital. In order to keep you all informed, we want to share updates we’ve received from Mike – now being taken care of by the professionals at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.

In typical Mike fashion, he wants to be transparent and let his extended family – Killington staff and community – know what’s happening and keep you updated. After seeking medical attention due to severe headaches, he underwent tests that determined he has a subarachnoid hemorrhage. We’re fortunate that it was not a stroke or aneurysm and caught early. He is being closely watched by the talented team at DHMC and in stable condition, improving every day.

While we don’t know how long he’ll be out, we’ll share updates as we get them. Mike has full confidence in the Killington team and has instructed us to continue business as usual - preparing for the Longest Season in the East.

If you’d like to send Mike well wishes, address letters or cards to:

Get well Mike

Killington Resort
    4763 Killington Rd.
    Killington, VT 05751

We’ll deliver them to him regularly. In an effort to make sure Mike follows doctors’ orders to rest, please refrain from emailing him directly.

Sincerely,

The Killington Executive Team,

Jeff Temple, Director of Mountain Operations
    Judy Geiger, Director of Human Resources
    Matt Kinsman, Director of Finance
    Rich McCoy, Director of Summer Operations & Pico Mountain
    Rob Megnin, Director of Marketing, Sales and Reservations
    Scott Harrison, Director of Hospitality
    Tracy Taylor, Business Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    New Jersey Dave you’re certainly no poser
    You had the whole mountain to yourself and took the easy way down?
    I’ve had plenty of early season days where the mellower slopes look like this and the steeps are thinly covered mine fields. There’s a time and a place for everything.

Also Dave, your stoke made me want to start waxing them up already. I’m going to try to fight the urge for a few more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    I’ve had plenty of early season days where the mellower slopes look like this and the steeps are thinly covered mine fields. There’s a time and a place for everything.

Also Dave, your stoke made me want to start waxing them up already. I’m going to try to fight the urge for a few more weeks.
    Dave just rubs me the wrong way even when he posts something good he always has to add a snarky I’m a local and everyone else is a poser comment. I just wanted to remind him he’s from New Jersey

Dave just rubs me the wrong way even when he posts something good he always has to add a snarky I’m a local and everyone else is a poser comment. I just wanted to remind him he’s from New Jersey
    That's about you...not me. As pointed out, nice floaty turns in thin cover are about matching the pitch with conditions.

Once the icy moguls form at MRG, virtually no amount of new snow will give you the quality runs down the steeps as the first deep blanket. There's almost always lurking bumps you can't see. Big arcs down a wide open slope at 30 MPH in the sun, while it's snowing. Yeah, that sucked.

Last year we hit Rumble first because the snow was right. Actually we were second and third, it was awesome.

Chin Clip is another trail that is just so damn awesome if you're one of the first of the year. It has such nice flow when it's flat and deep.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjP5w0CUxwY
    Starr National and Liftline also sweet with no bumps.....this time after the melt down. Best skiing at resorts is at closed resorts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shpfRrLAa98
    Stoked for winter fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1260025.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	248070   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1260030.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	248071  

That's about you...not me. As pointed out, nice floaty turns in thin cover are about matching the pitch with conditions.

Once the icy moguls form at MRG, virtually no amount of new snow will give you the quality runs down the steeps as the first deep blanket. There's almost always lurking bumps you can't see. Big arcs down a wide open slope at 30 MPH in the sun, while it's snowing. Yeah, that sucked.

Last year we hit Rumble first because the snow was right. Actually we were second and third, it was awesome.

Chin Clip is another trail that is just so damn awesome if you're one of the first of the year. It has such nice flow when it's flat and deep.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjP5w0CUxwY
    Starr National and Liftline also sweet with no bumps.....this time after the melt down. Best skiing at resorts is at closed resorts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shpfRrLAa98
    Stoked for winter fun.
    You tele right? You’d think a guy so anal about how people bike and ski would be just as anal about his turns, but I see a lot of p-turns, fake-a-mark, and lazy technique for such a clean campus. Seems like a character flaw, I mean why drag all that weight up the mountain if you’re not going to do it right.

But I digress, the shots of powder are a nice diversion from the building project I’m doing in a stuffy basement. Kudos for trying to rally the ski spirit, Roctober fast grass nigh and snowvember will be here as soon as the ptex cools.

Anybody live near a news stand that can grab me a copy of the newest Ski mag? I will gladly pay in cash or bacon. I got caught tittyballin again but I live in the boonies and have no access!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0306.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	248146
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

damn, no Ski Mag at the local dep but frost advisories are in effect for Quebec saturday night, let’s party!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Anybody live near a news stand that can grab me a copy of the newest Ski mag? I will gladly pay in cash or bacon. I got caught tittyballin again but I live in the boonies and have no access!

Name:	IMG_0306.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	248146
    Awesome. I will keep an eye out for it and PM you if I score a copy.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    You tele right? You’d think a guy so anal about how people bike and ski would be just as anal about his turns, but I see a lot of p-turns, fake-a-mark, and lazy technique for such a clean campus. Seems like a character flaw, I mean why drag all that weight up the mountain if you’re not going to do it right.

But I digress, the shots of powder are a nice diversion from the building project I’m doing in a stuffy basement. Kudos for trying to rally the ski spirit, Roctober fast grass nigh and snowvember will be here as soon as the ptex cools.
    You have no idea what you're talking about. I am a very intermediate skier. I tele because it's fun, and more difficult. I like being challenged. I only make a telemark turn on my big gear if I'm off balance. When the snow is good and the slope is mellow that means probably 0 tele turns, just fun, floaty arcs. Such a waste of energy to telemark every turn on today's bindings. It's lucky for me that I don't give a shit what people think, I just do what's fun. Watch out for those striped maples if you come this way again. We left 'em all 3 feet tall for you. Lol.

You have no idea what you're talking about. I am a very intermediate skier. I tele because it's fun, and more difficult. I like being challenged. I only make a telemark turn on my big gear if I'm off balance. I tele because it's fun, and more difficult. I like being challenged. the snow is good and the slope is mellow that means probably 0 tele turns, just fun, floaty arcs. Such a waste of energy to telemark every turn on today's bindings. It's lucky for me that I don't give a shit what people think, I just do what's fun. Watch out for those striped maples if you come this way again. We left 'em all 3 feet tall for you. Lol.
    Thanks for highlighting your narcissistic flaws, hey, we all have them.

“ I tele because it's fun, and more difficult. I like being challenged” that’s cool everybody likes a challenge but you make “0 tele turns” on mellow terrain, huh? I thought you liked a challenge. If tele is fun, and presumably you like the turn, couldn’t you just make “floaty arcs” down?

The modern gear debate, modern gear has certainly lost that oh so fun swale that needed technique to finish, but it’s also enabled people to drop the knee and be lazy, seems counterintuitive that you use it sparingly. Beefier binding, beefier boots, shit even the lace up leathers are stiffer than most boots in the 80’s, seems like with the newer gear you’d find yourself in more positions to drop knee to ski.

And now the fence posts that you guys seem to enjoy leaving behind. As I told you previously, there doesn’t seem to be a forester (at least the ones that I know) that find this as a recommended practice, scientifically speaking, it has no merits. I guess I’ll just have to go back south and clean up some of your sloppy work like I have the previous years. Lastly, one day, and probably not that far in the future a forester will be walking those woods, do you really want to be explaining those cuts to the “old ladies” that run the town and why you made them?

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Thanks for highlighting your narcissistic flaws, hey, we all have them.

“ I tele because it's fun, and more difficult. I like being challenged” that’s cool everybody likes a challenge but you make “0 tele turns” on mellow terrain, huh? I thought you liked a challenge. If tele is fun, and presumably you like the turn, couldn’t you just make “floaty arcs” down?

The modern gear debate, modern gear has certainly lost that oh so fun swale that needed technique to finish, but it’s also enabled people to drop the knee and be lazy, seems counterintuitive that you use it sparingly. Beefier binding, beefier boots, shit even the lace up leathers are stiffer than most boots in the 80’s, seems like with the newer gear you’d find yourself in more positions to drop knee to ski.

And now the fence posts that you guys seem to enjoy leaving behind. As I told you previously, there doesn’t seem to be a forester (at least the ones that I know) that find this as a recommended practice, scientifically speaking, it has no merits. I guess I’ll just have to go back south and clean up some of your sloppy work like I have the previous years. Lastly, one day, and probably not that far in the future a forester will be walking those woods, do you really want to be explaining those cuts to the “old ladies” that run the town and why you made them?
    I guess you missed the jist bore-ass. I don't give a shit.

I guess you missed the jist bore-ass. I don't give a shit.
    Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, but clearly you do, Jersey Boi

I can make a better Tele turn on my skate skis, than dnj. In the late 80’s and early 90’s. I fell in love with all things related to the most high, Sondre Norhiem. Most folks don’t realize that it’s, 60/40, back leg/front leg. I see so many posers not committing to the back ski these days. So lame.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I can make a better Tele turn on my skate skis, than dnj. In the late 80’s and early 90’s. I fell in love with all things related to the most high, Sondre Norhiem. Most folks don’t realize that it’s, 60/40, back leg/front leg. I see so many posers not committing to the back ski these days. So lame.
    Toe, knee, nose.

AS long as I can get to these places and have a good time going downhill, I honestly do not give a shit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1V_ZZxSwbo (Leather Alicos with 1 buckle, BTW. Learn in Leather)

Name:	historic skin.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	248261   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lostskiarea.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	248262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	loaf2.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	248263   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mustkeepskinning.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	882.0 KB 
ID:	248264   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BM_tele_turn_sized.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	248265  

Name:	ridgeskin.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	248266   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BTBC2-25-09-2.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	248267  

Watch out for those striped maples if you come this way again. We left 'em all 3 feet tall for you. Lol.
    Good to see the Winter shots there Dave, but that is a joke about the striped maples right? You aren't cutting a tree leaving a 3' punji stick for man and beast are you? Every striped maple should be killed just for good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Good to see the Winter shots there Dave, but that is a joke about the striped maples right? You aren't cutting a tree leaving a 3' punji stick for man and beast are you? Every striped maple should be killed just for good riddance.
    No Joke. Bore-ass came here to ski a couple years ago and encountered some 3 foot striped maple punji. He incorrectly assumed it was my work. There is a local guy here who belives it's best to cut them like that, leave them for a couple years until they rot then pull them out root and all. It works.

I cut them at the ground. That doesn't kill them. They will re-spout like a hydra and if left for a few years be a much bigger mess. My argument is that I hike every line here every year with a brush hook and a few swipes knocks the new growth down. After 5 or so years the stump seems to rot and die anyway and in the mean time the line is open.

At the end of the day, this guy does a lot of work every year, and I'm not going to try and micro-manage another volunteer who was born and raised skiing here. It's 1000x better than people who just show up to ski and leave and never pick up a tool. If his technique scares some people away, so be it...it doesn't bother me in the least. Place skis great for me, I know where to go.

Name:	20171213_151406.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	248276   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171213_151345.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	248277   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	christmasshredd.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	248278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	springstorm6.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	248279  

No Joke. Bore-ass came here to ski a couple years ago and encountered some 3 foot striped maple punji. He incorrectly assumed it was my work. There is a local guy here who belives it's best to cut them like that, leave them for a couple years until they rot then pull them out root and all. It works.

I cut them at the ground. That doesn't kill them. They will re-spout like a hydra and if left for a few years be a much bigger mess. My argument is that I hike every line here every year with a brush hook and a few swipes knocks the new growth down. After 5 or so years the stump seems to rot and die anyway and in the mean time the line is open.

At the end of the day, this guy does a lot of work every year, and I'm not going to try and micro-manage another volunteer who was born and raised skiing here. It's 1000x better than people who just show up to ski and leave and never pick up a tool. If his technique scares some people away, so be it...it doesn't bother me in the least. Place skis great for me, I know where to go.
    Dave with all of the beautiful places you get to see and experience all year
    Why do you seem like such a miserable person probably just internet persona you’re probably a decent person in real life?

Fake news dirty Jerz, I actually ski there a few times a year, and have been doing so for probably 20 some odd years,did you even know Northfield existed 20 years ago? While I’ve never cut an actual line on Paine, over the past 20 years I’ve spent many hours helping to keep lines clear. just last year I spent perhaps 1O or so hours wondering the woods and trimming some of the tree runs. Also about 25-20 years ago I spent countless hours on another Northfield area that was largely shut down due to the ice storm and I haven’t been back since.

Dave with all of the beautiful places you get to see and experience all year
    Why do you seem like such a miserable person probably just internet persona you’re probably a decent person in real life?
    Direct and candid communicators do not translate well to the ultra PC, fluffy affirmation-saturated internet world. When I say things like MRG is full of posers now...that's because it is. If people are offended by that then that is due to their own feelings that they might be that. If I say the MTB world is full of entitled pricks now, that is because it's true. If that offends you, then maybe you are that. I don't go out of my way to make friends on the internet. I'm here for the porn. It's more scant these days as many contributors of the real good shit get driven off by the inane inner circle of the EC Titsongravity crew.

Remember when CTFREE deleted his posts and boycotted this thread because an over-excited NEK had the balls to start the thread instead of him? Read the shit the Butthurt posts. I never start shit, I just contribute because I take some joy from the porn from the EC ski scene. It's hard to come by. Now people read what I type with a bias, and attribute the worst connotation to the words. I don't give a shit and think the frat-boy mentality speaks for it's self. In a world where spin, marketing, and political correctness have made everyone on the intardnet so easily offended, I might not translate the best. In real life I am a loyal friend, and honest person, a dedicated father who's been with the same beautiful and smart women for 25 of my 44 years and I have what I need so I don't come on here to look for affirmation.

I ski. I ride. I fish. I cook. I train martial arts. I am an accomplished sailor. White Water Kayaker. I share. I show people. I give people gear they need. I build trail for all to enjoy. I cut ski trail for all to enjoy. I cleaned out white water runs no one ever ran before, as well as maintained the regularly run rivers all over the state. Basically, I put in. I contribute. So, I feel like I can be honest, and call out the bullshit, because the bullshit is what fucks up the world. The Bullshit is Trump. The Bullshit is cronies and cliques.

I love life. I love my family and a small group of friends and I don't look for, or need more. Be on my side or not. Hate on me and I'll hate you back and I won't hide behind my computer either. Below.....that's what I live for. If anyone has a problem with me, they can fuck off, and I say that with a *clink* and a smile.

Name:	P4050028.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	248295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rez2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	248296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5090116.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	248297   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-08-29 11.05.30-3.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	747.1 KB 
ID:	248298   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	034.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	248299  

Last edited by DaveVt; 09-23-2018 at 03:59 PM.