Page 32 of 214 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    Trip has been booked.
    I'll arrive in Hartford, CT in the evening on Dec. 31st and I'll return the morning of January 6th.
    Looking forward to the adventure of exploring some new places.
    TK thinks you're in luck.

https://www.skitheeast.net/blogs/vid...ing-to-be-deep

Hope all your dreams come true.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Stowe, Sugarbush, Mad River Glen, Magic Mountain, Jay Peak, Smuggs in VT. Cannon and Wildcat in NH. Spend a day only at each resort so you can flavor more. Stay at a couple bed and breakfasts. Drink lots of maple syrup and local IPAs. Say "wicked" a lot.....as in "The snow at Mad River was wicked pissah today." Costs a bit of money but I like staying at the Wentworth in Jackson, NH. Get the package that includes the dinner and breakfast. You won't be disappointed.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Amicable Snowman View Post
    TK thinks you're in luck.

https://www.skitheeast.net/blogs/vid...ing-to-be-deep

Hope all your dreams come true.

Thanks! I like the sound of this a lot. I'll believe it when I ski it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Maybe if you stop bringing it up like a school yard maturity waggle after having your first period, said stalwart will make his way around.
    CtFreeHeel and his antics are just too much fun. I wonder if he's sitting at home holding is breath.
    On a serious note from the Bottom of the Bush....the Father! Whoa. Got a good gander today. Looks awesome, can't wait to ski it. Looks like a quick ridge run from North. Anyone gotten a closer look than from the common road?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    CtFreeHeel and his antics are just too much fun. I wonder if he's sitting at home holding is breath.
    On a serious note from the Bottom of the Bush....the Father! Whoa. Got a good gander today. Looks awesome, can't wait to ski it. Looks like a quick ridge run from North. Anyone gotten a closer look than from the common road?
    DaveNJ, At least ctnotfreeheel grew up in New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    DaveNJ, At least ctnotfreeheel grew up in New England.
    Bore-ass....what's your point? He thrifty? Fuckn guy lives at a ski resort. Perpetual tourist, living in a condo at South means he lives about 10 miles from Vermont in any direction. Who knew he was so tender?
    Last edited by DaveVt; 12-15-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Bore-ass....what's your point? He thrifty? Fuckn guy lives at a ski resort. Perpetual tourist, living in a condo at South means he lives about 10 miles from Vermont in any direction. Who knew he was so tender?
    My point is, someone such as yourself with a screen name that implies they are from Vermont should not call out someone else for not being from Vermont.

Trip has been booked.
    I'll arrive in Hartford, CT in the evening on Dec. 31st and I'll return the morning of January 6th.
    Looking forward to the adventure of exploring some new places.
    Cannon > Jay > Nuggs > Stowe > Sugarbush would be a sweet run.

K was pretty good today. No lines and soft snow. Most of the natural trails seemed thin.

Since I have an Epic Pass and a Mountain Collective I plan to ski Stowe and Sugarbush for sure. I'm also open to other possibilities. It looks like I should be able to ski Granite Gorge on a 2 for 1 on my drive up on the 1st using my Mountain Playground Card.
    If you look at my patchskiing TRs you'll see that I don't need a lot of snow to have fun. However, I do appreciate whenever Mother Nature is generous.
    If you end up a smuggs pm me, I will gladly meet up and show you around. Enjoy the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    My point is, someone such as yourself with a screen name that implies they are from Vermont should not call out someone else for not being from Vermont.
    Your perception is that I am trying to imply I am from Vt. It describes my current location. Proud of my Jersey roots.

Northern tip of the greens were still sweet today!

27° 18°

Thursday was a second chair sort of day. Wednesday must have been quite something at Cannon because the leftovers were pretty darned nice on Thursday. Extra nice due to skiing with an old friend for the first time in some years.

After waiting for the second chair it was ski right onto every chair. After so many runs and short rest I finally ran out of gas at 2:30.

Planned a nordic day today but time with the grandbabies and their parents won out.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

What day was the shit show at Stowe? I’m sure it will get crowded and that there will be be plenty of reasons to hate the new corporate overlords (vs the old), but the weekend was fine.. even Saturday with the demo day. Monday was empty and a blast with a surprise 6-7 or so. I missed Tuesday which I’m sure had a good crowd with the storm... but Wednesday was empty, windy, cold and fun. Was Tuesday the shit show? Won’t be back up until the real hordes are up post Christmas.

I’ve heard like 8 different epic pass numbers... following their earnings at the end of Oct I saw a report that said 740k total so far. So 40% in Boston alone seems like a bit much.

yeah I posted a video last page from stowe.....there was a line wednesday early but it quickly went away as people figured out there couldnt ski powder for more than 2 runs and that it was cold as balls on the half speed quad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    yeah I posted a video last page from stowe.....there was a line wednesday early but it quickly went away as people figured out there couldnt ski powder for more than 2 runs and that it was cold as balls on the half speed quad.
    Seems like traffic and parking will be the big issues. Particularly now that they have some snow and can open up more than sunrise and northslope.

EAST COAST ROLL CALL - Turn it up to 11

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Ascutney will open the rope tow this weekend. They did well from this storm.

http://ascutneyoutdoors.org/ropetow

For now, stick to the mowed stuff, obviously:
    Attachment 218820

Vets: I second Hartford (Bradley). It is one of the easiest airports I've ever dealt with. PM if you'd like any specific details on travel and options in these parts. Definitely head north- Stowe, 'Bush, Jay, Smuggs--> far and away the best terrain and overall snow quality in VT.
    Place looks great from the summit of Killington.
    Like a real ski area and whatnot. I hear the T-Bar is already up there, sitting in the lot. Just waiting to raise some more money. I also heard a local builder is donating a log home that a client backed out off. There going to drop it on the slab, where the old lodge was. Thursday night race league is back again, also. Under the lights. It's real cool what's happening up there.
    Last edited by buttahflake; 12-16-2017 at 07:59 AM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

^Nice to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by blur View Post
    Chute awates.

Sent from my XT1254 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Just quoting for quality post. A rare and beautiful sight...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

I missed you, snow. Let our love affair recommence.

Stowe wasn't busy this morning.

edit: on another note, I'm up here for the next two weeks and am going to ski as much as possible if anyone is around and wants to make some turns.
    Last edited by Rontele; 12-16-2017 at 05:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Place looks great from the summit of Killington.
    Like a real ski area and whatnot. I hear the T-Bar is already up there, sitting in the lot. Just waiting to raise some more money. I also heard a local builder is donating a log home that a client backed out off. There going to drop it on the slab, where the old lodge was. Thursday night race league is back again, also. Under the lights. It's real cool what's happening up there.
    Ascutney. Yay, for serial. Always a good vibe there. Mechanical issues kept the rope tow from opening this weekend, but there were plenty of smiles all over the place up there today. Including the Mrs. and I:

Up
    Name:  25442928_1547862438642663_8557263148346979510_n.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  110.4 KB

Down
    Name:  25398620_1547862415309332_3872841503914028008_n.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  48.5 KB

Store is up for auction. Here's hopin' it gets scooped up by good people. Cheers y'all.

Sorry, no soup pics today. We did ski some powder though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dec2017BowlA.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	218993

Name:	Dec2017BowlB.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	250.2 KB 
ID:	218994

Name:	Dec2017BowlC.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	259.5 KB 
ID:	218995

Name:	Dec2017BowlD.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	218996

^^^Souparific right there!

Is Stowe having early crowd issues from season 1 of Epic?

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Sorry, no soup pics today. We did ski some powder though.
    Yesir, sure enough looks that way
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

today @ stowe saturday was the most quiet saturday of the year and easily the best skiing on a saturday.