Page 201 of 214 FirstFirst ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 5329
    Wonder if anyone has ever ice skated down? Someone should talk to GBA and set up an event.

Great late season stoke in these last couple pages motivated me to grab my first June turns on Saturday. Easties were ~270' and still good snow. Best part was getting my Dad out there for his first time, he was stoked and realized he had never even skied in May before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180602_155638.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	237951

So....Vail just bought Sunapee. What the?

Blah blah blah

To the Sunapee Community,

As many of you have recently learned, our family has made the decision to sell the operating lease of Mount Sunapee Resort to Vail Resorts, along with Okemo Mountain and Crested Butte Mountain Resort. While we realize this announcement is unexpected for most of you, we want you all to know this was a very hard decision. We started in the resort business in 1972 and then moved into the ski resort business at Okemo in 1982. The ski industry has created a foundation for our entire lives, as well as our children’s lives.

Since we arrived at Mount Sunapee 20 years ago, we have developed many friendships with people at work and within this community. There are so many stories and too many memories to count. Because we have always been passionate about what we do, we have poured our hearts into making the best skiing and riding experiences possible in the three places we have called home for so long, Okemo, the Lake Sunapee Region and Crested Butte. We are so proud of the accolades we have achieved with our team at Mount Sunapee. With the best snow in the east, this little mountain sure has become mighty.

We have seen an amazing amount of change in the ski industry over the years. Much of the evolution has been good: improved technologies around ski gear; the onset of snowboarding; grooming equipment; energy efficient snowmaking; and probably the most heartening is how many more people ski and ride or simply come to the mountains now versus three decades ago.

Our business model has always been somewhat unique in this industry; operating large, successful ski resorts that are family owned. It is something we have always enjoyed, been proud of, and worked hard to preserve. Another reason this decision has been incredibly difficult for our family.

When approached by Vail Resorts all of these thoughts, memories and realities stirred through our heads. What does this mean for us? For our teams? What does this mean for our communities? What does this mean for the mountains that we have poured decades of energy into? We were not naïve in understanding this would mean changes in the future. We spent a lot of time contemplating all of this, and ultimately decided that moving forward with the sale was in the best interest of each of our stakeholders. Although we cannot perfectly predict the future, we ultimately felt this would be a positive move. We realize the idea of a large company like Vail Resorts overseeing operations at each of our unique resorts may feel unsettling. However, the reality is they are mountain operators and run some of the best and most successful resorts in the industry. Putting Mount Sunapee in their hands will ensure a good future for the ski area and will therefore help support a good future for the entire Lake Sunapee Region. They are great operators and good people, and they will invest in the mountain and community.

Please know we have entered into this transaction with the best intentions for the ski area, our fellow employees, and the community. If we did not think this was going to bring more opportunity for the resort in the years to come, we would not have pursued this sale. Our goal has never been to make Mount Sunapee the biggest, but to make it the best and we feel Vail Resorts is poised to continue Sunapee’s excellence. We hope you will be open to their approach and give them the opportunity to prove their good intentions.

It has been the greatest pleasure of our lives operating this awesome ski area for the last 20 years for the State of New Hampshire. Thank you for sharing it with us.

With mountains of gratitude,

Tim, Diane, Ethan & Erica Mueller

EAST COAST ROLL CALL - Turn it up to 11

Was thinking that meself.

Maybe it’s the informercial effect - maybe they couldn’t re-neg the free items that came with the Okemo purchase? You get three pillows for the price of one, or you get two pillows for the same price.

I was really hoping it would get added to the Ikon pass...

exactly^^^
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Some day Vail will implode.

We did the Prezi traverse saturday and the east snowfields was one of the only places with a clear sky on the entire route. We had about 20 ft visibility and wind nearly the entire day. we only had one snowfield to cross (jefferson i think?).
    I saw a guy skiing a little patch on the north and east side of the washington summit... very small patch in the pic...
    2 in our group had to bail at the summit due to foot issues. I was shocked that a down-only cog railway ride is $51 a person! they needed to get down the west side because pinkham would have been really far from a ride.
    i want to run that again on a clear day.

Quote Originally Posted by clubhousebmx View Post
    Wonder if anyone has ever ice skated down? Someone should talk to GBA and set up an event.

Great late season stoke in these last couple pages motivated me to grab my first June turns on Saturday. Easties were ~270' and still good snow. Best part was getting my Dad out there for his first time, he was stoked and realized he had never even skied in May before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180602_122909.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	237971  

i heard they will use sunapee as a penal colony for underperforming employees at all vail-owned resorts. should be an effective deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post

So, what's Sunapee like? Since, I now have a pass.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

Epic of course....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Some day we all die.

so getting first turns of this 200+ page threaded season is cool, but last turns are cooler. Where and when they gonna be and who's gonna get em?

eh, lugging heavy gear around to ski 20 feet of undermined snow. Fish are afly bring light tackle

Great pic jhyatt

Super great story clubhousebmx. Skiing was definitely the best close time I got to spend with my dad.

The MRG Mountain Work Days are posted on the events calendar. Here they are:
    August 4
    August 11
    September 29
    October 6
    October 20
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

It's no Killington!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    So....Vail just bought Sunapee. What the?

Blah blah blah

To the Sunapee Community,

As many of you have recently learned, our family has made the decision to sell the operating lease of Mount Sunapee Resort to Vail Resorts, along with Okemo Mountain and Crested Butte Mountain Resort. While we realize this announcement is unexpected for most of you, we want you all to know this was a very hard decision. We started in the resort business in 1972 and then moved into the ski resort business at Okemo in 1982. The ski industry has created a foundation for our entire lives, as well as our children’s lives.

Since we arrived at Mount Sunapee 20 years ago, we have developed many friendships with people at work and within this community. There are so many stories and too many memories to count. Because we have always been passionate about what we do, we have poured our hearts into making the best skiing and riding experiences possible in the three places we have called home for so long, Okemo, the Lake Sunapee Region and Crested Butte. We are so proud of the accolades we have achieved with our team at Mount Sunapee. With the best snow in the east, this little mountain sure has become mighty.

We have seen an amazing amount of change in the ski industry over the years. Much of the evolution has been good: improved technologies around ski gear; the onset of snowboarding; grooming equipment; energy efficient snowmaking; and probably the most heartening is how many more people ski and ride or simply come to the mountains now versus three decades ago.

Our business model has always been somewhat unique in this industry; operating large, successful ski resorts that are family owned. It is something we have always enjoyed, been proud of, and worked hard to preserve. Another reason this decision has been incredibly difficult for our family.

When approached by Vail Resorts all of these thoughts, memories and realities stirred through our heads. What does this mean for us? For our teams? What does this mean for our communities? What does this mean for the mountains that we have poured decades of energy into? We were not naïve in understanding this would mean changes in the future. We spent a lot of time contemplating all of this, and ultimately decided that moving forward with the sale was in the best interest of each of our stakeholders. Although we cannot perfectly predict the future, we ultimately felt this would be a positive move. We realize the idea of a large company like Vail Resorts overseeing operations at each of our unique resorts may feel unsettling. However, the reality is they are mountain operators and run some of the best and most successful resorts in the industry. Putting Mount Sunapee in their hands will ensure a good future for the ski area and will therefore help support a good future for the entire Lake Sunapee Region. They are great operators and good people, and they will invest in the mountain and community.

Please know we have entered into this transaction with the best intentions for the ski area, our fellow employees, and the community. If we did not think this was going to bring more opportunity for the resort in the years to come, we would not have pursued this sale. Our goal has never been to make Mount Sunapee the biggest, but to make it the best and we feel Vail Resorts is poised to continue Sunapee’s excellence. We hope you will be open to their approach and give them the opportunity to prove their good intentions.

It has been the greatest pleasure of our lives operating this awesome ski area for the last 20 years for the State of New Hampshire. Thank you for sharing it with us.

With mountains of gratitude,

Tim, Diane, Ethan & Erica Mueller
    Looks like Jay and Burke will be the next to go?

But not Magic...
    Name:  Magic.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  127.8 KB

Or skiable in bad winters.

some non-skier friends visiting Newfie... looks good to me

^^Ok, that was kind of funny

Or skiable in bad winters.

Aaaaahahahaha

Every time, your hate finds a way to shine through. Like a beacon of butthurt, a lighthouse of lose... Never change, Benny Never. Change.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

How many tree days did you get there this season?

EAST COAST ROLL CALL - Turn it up to 11

How many tree days did you get there this season?
    I got lots. Both inbounds and side country. Check out the Magic thread.

Of all the years, you are way off on 2017-18.

Magic looked like the moon for a couple months this year

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I got lots. Both inbounds and side country. Check out the Magic thread.

Of all the years, you are way off on 2017-18.
    Can we just create a bunny and Bobby Skidstainless only thread so they can spew their inane, useless babble at each other 18hrs a day? Asking for a friend.