Page 211 of 214 FirstFirst ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 5329
    Paging VT-free for an 18/19 thread start and a BoB report...

Yeah, please! Before I have to restrain myself from reacting and refrain from participating for another year.

thank-you
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Yeah, please! Before I have to restrain myself from reacting and refrain from participating for another year.

thank-you
    Dude, you comin' to Ullr-fest?

One of my best action shots last season.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Paging VT-free for an 18/19 thread start and a BoB report...
    Things have been so civil around here. Why bring the frat boys back? Let NEK start it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Things have been so civil around here. Why bring the frat boys back? Let NEK start it.
    things have been civil and enjoyable so why start trouble with your usual BULLSHIT......why always such a dick at times dave,,why
    always forward but never straight

Hey I am planning a solo trip to CO in Feb. for about 2 weeks. Flights are cheap, under 300, but I am considering driving out there.
    Any thoughts on driving? The good is that I don't need to rent a car and can bring all of my stuff (lots of skis and boots). The bad is that I have to drive for 30 hours each way... my car is AWD and gets about 20 mpg but has 130k on the clock.
    When I have rented an SUV in the past they were not always AWD.
    Thoughts? I figured someone here must have done this in the past and either regretted it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Hey I am planning a solo trip to CO in Feb. for about 2 weeks. Flights are cheap, under 300, but I am considering driving out there.
    Any thoughts on driving? The good is that I don't need to rent a car and can bring all of my stuff (lots of skis and boots). The bad is that I have to drive for 30 hours each way... my car is AWD and gets about 20 mpg but has 130k on the clock.
    Thoughts? I figured someone here must have done this in the past and either regretted it or not.
    Long ass drive, especially when you could hit some snow storms on the way.

If you do fly out, take a taxi/Uber into Denver to rent a car. Like twice as much out at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Long ass drive, especially when you could hit some snow storms on the way.

If you do fly out, take a taxi/Uber into Denver to rent a car. Like twice as much out at the airport.
    Train runs to downtown and you could have rental car company pick you up there. The wait for rental cars at DIA is insane and super expensive ta boot.

I drove solo from VT to Jackson Hole and back last summer but I was mountain biking along the way and at my destination. I had a blast - stopped in some cool towns, drove about 8-10 hours a day, got some great riding in and it was pretty relaxing and smooth driving once I got past the shittiness that is Ohio, Indiana, etc. I spent a bit less than if I would've flown and rented a car. Overall and awesome experience that I would do again.

You prob can't do much skiing between here and CO but certainly plan some stops to break it up so you're not driving all day, every day. Also take into consideration that I enjoy driving and hate to fly with every ounce of my being,

Having my car and not having to deal with airports, cabs, waiting in security, checking baggage and all that bullshit was well well worth it.

EAST COAST ROLL CALL - Turn it up to 11

It makes sense to drive out there if you have a co-pilot to share the drive and gas.
    But all by yourself during the winter doesn’t make much sense to me.
    Just fly in, find a cheap rental in town and drive.

Yes I agree except that my understanding is that I need a AWD out there, and those rentals are about 100/day. And those are for SUV that are not even always AWD. I am googling around right now. Wish I had a copilot!

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    It makes sense to drive out there if you have a co-pilot to share the drive and gas.
    But all by yourself during the winter doesn’t make much sense to me.
    Just fly in, find a cheap rental in town and drive.

Ha! I took the train to Montana once. Skied Bridger and some other places and it was awesome. But wow did it take a long time. SO MUCH DRINKING on the train once west of Chicago. Crazy crowd of people. Surreal experience that I do recommend.
    It takes 44 hours from Boston to Denver. I'll just drive at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Train runs to downtown and you could have rental car company pick you up there. The wait for rental cars at DIA is insane and super expensive ta boot.

I'm for driving out on trips of 2 weeks or longer so that puts you on the cusp. My thinking goes like this: Air travel is usually 1 full day each way and driving is 2 full days each way. The drive to the front range is unfortunately a boring one, but load up on books on tape or a good play list and it goes by. Done a lot of long distance driving in my life and it does not bother me. It also allows for a lot more flexibility for chasing the best snow.

Echoing the previous poster DaveVt why do you always need to be such a dick?

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    The light rail is another option to get into Denver cheaply... if your rental car company can pick you up at the nearest station.

This thread is officially closed. Dead. Finito.

Anyone posting will be executed. Other than that, have a nice day.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    This thread is officially closed. Dead. Finito.

Anyone posting will be executed. Other than that, have a nice day.
    The deal is you're supposed to make EC turns....none has EXECUTED a turn. Therefore, piss off.

Wow nobody noticing that Killington is blasting snow (on two peaks!), and the Euro has accumulating snow next week? Weathers turning on a dime. Time to ski is very very soon for you folks lucky enough to be North and/or free from obligation.....

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    The deal is you're supposed to make EC turns....none has EXECUTED a turn. Therefore, piss off.
    I'm sending Rog your address. Or worse yet, your phone number.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    I'm sending Rog your address. Or worse yet, your phone number.
    That would be a deadly blow, but unfortunately I've already committed suicide on that front.

^ I just hope you don't ride with a helmet. Dear lord...
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    things have been civil and enjoyable so why start trouble with your usual BULLSHIT......why always such a dick at times dave,,why
    I never start anything.

Money wise, driving will cost you about $225- 280for gas (2,000m/20mpgx 2.25-2.80g) plus another 60-120 in food (6 meals 10-20) and then add whatever you drive from Denver which is what you’d spend regardless.

I like to drive, I’ve driven across the country 3 times , two times to CO, two times to Alaska, once from AZ, it’s an experience and you can’t put a value on it. However, expect your ass to be wiped out when you hit your destination, and what ever hours you spend on the road add 8-14 hours sleep recovery time and another 8hrs before you feel normalish.

^^^^and, if you have to drive in the rain or snow, the wiper movement will really tire you out!!!

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi