Page 173 of 214 FirstFirst ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 5329
  1. #4301
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Back in the barrel again
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    ....bummer that mad didn't get more....
    Under 190 inches for the season. Totals like that are in the future....

    Matt and the board have some snowmaking vision, with the first thing being the purchase of the demo fan-gun and something not made clear about plans for further growth.

    Kind of fun hitting GS speeds T2B...burning thigh fun.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

  2. #4302
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    24
    Was up at Smuggs on Saturday, had a great time demo'ing some ON3P gear and catching the pond skim with all the good costumes. Fell in love with the 98 Kartels (as I thought I would), they were super confident even in the scraped off bumps I took them through.

  3. #4303
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    My friend A*** is here this week doing some volunteer work for the Vailmont™ patrol. Arrived home last night wound up and pissed off at Vail. Seems corporate flew a woman out from Vail this Wednesday to shake things up. On Thursday she let 9 long term employees go including Director of Patrol the last 12 years who has been on the crew for 43 years. 11 days before end of season with no severance and a lack of compassion for him and the rest of the patrol.
    bush did a lot of this as well 16 years ago, seems to be the norm.
    man that sucks, I've been hearing a few stories like this as Vail swoops in

  4. #4304
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,940
    Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Nope. Much older and crustier.

    Was there April 1 to today.
    Ahahahahahaha - Worlds collide


  5. #4305
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Ahahahahahaha - Worlds collide

    Haha nice! Good TR from the old guys. They re-dub the lower part of eagle the AARP bowl. I'm happy to have had to good fortune of being in Gaspe with the Gray Ghost again. That guy is rad.
    24° 06°

  6. #4306
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Da burgh
    Posts
    2,606
    I know the little headwall is melted out pretty much, but is the Sherby still skiing all the way to the car? Bringing the rock skis anyway so don't care about that nonsense...

  7. #4307
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    soaring on the shitwinds
    Posts
    7,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Not condoning the jump off the lift (though it does seem to be a right of passage), if the line is so dangerous to get everyone worked up, how did the person survive the run?

    The skiing itself is ok for 3-4 turns, but that’s not the point. VT Tramway has closed the run because it endangers *passengers* of said aerial tramway. If an inspector was to see tracks and feel like being a dick about us not being big enough dicks about it he could shut Red down.

    Then we have the safety issues inherent with guests jumping off the lift, which are many.

    It’s just front to back a shitty idea, hence going back to multiple snow fences and poop-covered punji sticks in between. Maybe a corpse or two if we have time, who knows.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

  8. #4308
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,775
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    The skiing itself is ok for 3-4 turns, but that’s not the point. VT Tramway has closed the run because it endangers *passengers* of said aerial tramway. If an inspector was to see tracks and feel like being a dick about us not being big enough dicks about it he could shut Red down.

    Then we have the safety issues inherent with guests jumping off the lift, which are many.

    It’s just front to back a shitty idea, hence going back to multiple snow fences and poop-covered punji sticks in between. Maybe a corpse or two if we have time, who knows.
    sucks to have to put up a bunch of ugly orange fencing because of one kook a year. sorry.
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  9. #4309
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    233
    Miss you already Magic. Anyone end up hitting this? (From yesterday)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3512.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	231774

  10. #4310
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,679
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    VT Tramway has closed the run because it endangers *passengers* of said aerial tramway. If an inspector was to see tracks and feel like being a dick about us not being big enough dicks about it he could shut Red down.


    Interesting. Learned something new today. Didn't realize the power of executive lifties.

    Definitely put a Yankees jersey on the corpse though.

  11. #4311
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Middle of the NEK
    Posts
    4,592
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    It’s just front to back a shitty idea, hence going back to multiple snow fences and poop-covered punji sticks in between. Maybe a corpse or two if we have time, who knows.
    A corpse on the punjis might just work!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RedLine.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	231777
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

  12. #4312
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    3,006
    this jumper on red was a boarder, any other questions?

  13. #4313
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    sucks to have to put up a bunch of ugly orange fencing because of one kook a year. sorry.
    Unfortunately, it's way more than 1 per season. Probably the same douchebags that feel compelled to dump their Bud Light and Silver Bullet cans on the snow.

    My idea is barely visible stainless steel cables strung at neck level.

  14. #4314
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    8,121
    Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    A corpse on the punjis might just work!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RedLine.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	231777
    Did you draw that? It freaking brilliant. I want it as a sticker for my helmet. Just change the skis to a board. Gold!
    crab in my shoe mouth

  15. #4315
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,679
    You have stickers on your helmet?

    Go wait in the school bus.

  16. #4316
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Timbers of Fennario
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Unfortunately, it's way more than 1 per season. Probably the same douchebags that feel compelled to dump their Bud Light and Silver Bullet cans on the snow.

    My idea is barely visible stainless steel cables strung at neck level.
    I like the way you think!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    this jumper on red was a boarder, any other questions?
    Easy now guy!

    Glad to have made it down for a few days this yr finally. Great vibe, kind people, fun hill, a present and engaging owner not to mention DW literally doing every job possible on the mtn from first bell to well after last. Anybody who doesn't appreciate what is happening down there simply doesn't get it. Looking forward to making it down for Ullr Fest this yr.

  17. #4317
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,670



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #4318
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where the climate suits my clothes.
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not gonna lie, that looks incredibly tempting. If it was there at the end of a day ticket I would be hard pressed to avoid a side woods entry...

  19. #4319
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Not gonna lie, that looks incredibly tempting. If it was there at the end of a day ticket I would be hard pressed to avoid a side woods entry...
    With the 6" of snow we got Friday night, that line is nothing but a ski/board destroyer. The selfish, entitled, fuck-everyone-else-as-long-as-I-get-mine attitude is why Lynchy wants blood. As DoWork noted, a Tramway inspector that's having a bad day could shut the place down for one douchebag. It really is a big deal.

    Besides, we were still finding untracked lines that were totally legal at the end of the day on Saturday.

  20. #4320
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,679
    Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, that's a good reason to add lifters to the towers. Is that a thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    With the 6" of snow we got Friday night, that line is nothing but a ski/board destroyer. The selfish, entitled, fuck-everyone-else-as-long-as-I-get-mine attitude is why Lynchy wants blood. As DoWork noted, a Tramway inspector that's having a bad day could shut the place down for one douchebag. It really is a big deal.

    Besides, we were still finding untracked lines that were totally legal at the end of the day on Saturday.
    Board destroyer? That's what they make p-tex for.

    And please, enough with lynchy being all pissed. He's the first one to poach a sweet looking line...I've done it with him for christ sakes.

    They need more signs stating why it's closed. "Hey, the lift inspector is a Nazi, don't ski this line or......"

  21. #4321
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,940

    EAST COAST ROLL CALL - Turn it up to 11

    I chased a local bud to the top of Bromley this afternoon. 29 minutes to the top. 3 minutes faster than my best and he still beat me up there.

    If you want to ski upper red, climb up during the off season but don’t be a d-bag and jump off the lift.

  22. #4322
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    gone fishing
    Posts
    2,391
    yeah dowork, sorry about the need for the mesh

  23. #4323
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    765
    40 ft chain link fence just above the pipes, take away the reward.

    you rent the tracked drill rig and ill run it.

    and yes, the dude did nothin but sideslip his board for 30 ft. on ledge. awesome run

  24. #4324
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    The skiing itself is ok for 3-4 turns, but that’s not the point. VT Tramway has closed the run because it endangers *passengers* of said aerial tramway. If an inspector was to see tracks and feel like being a dick about us not being big enough dicks about it he could shut Red down.
    When I was at Magic this year it was easy to see it was part of the culture to respect this rope. I didn't look too closely but I thought maybe with the way Red is low to the ground, that it was possible for skiers and lift riders to collide.

    Thanks DW for the explanation.

  25. #4325
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,000
    Keep in mind this is happening while this dumbass is jumping off the lift....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5284 (2).jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	267.0 KB 
ID:	231852

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29873343_10216408992801053_5100265720327629072_o.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	355.5 KB 
ID:	231853

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •