Page 10 of 214 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Utah --

Not sure where your at, but there are a few places open. After missing last season due to shoulder surgery, and the last two weeks of ski films, beer, and a lot of whisky, I plotted out most of the places in the NE, current status, opening days, etc. I am almost mad at myself, but im stoked for the season.

Any one else got some pics for stokeage?

Anyone ever been to Killington for their NYE party? Ill be shredding Jay/Stowe/(hopefully) MRG over that time period, and a friend recommended Kmart as a good NYE spot to have some fun. three single guys. Dont want to ski there, but if the NYE scene has a good vibe that would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by steezybomber View Post
    Utah --

Not sure where your at, but there are a few places open. After missing last season due to shoulder surgery, and the last two weeks of ski films, beer, and a lot of whisky, I plotted out most of the places in the NE, current status, opening days, etc. I am almost mad at myself, but im stoked for the season.

Any one else got some pics for stokeage?

Anyone ever been to Killington for their NYE party? Ill be shredding Jay/Stowe/(hopefully) MRG over that time period, and a friend recommended Kmart as a good NYE spot to have some fun. three single guys. Dont want to ski there, but if the NYE scene has a good vibe that would be sweet.
    PM Greg from AlpineZone..he has all the info on KMart and the hot jerzey ladies.

Haha forget AZ. Greg has been eerily quiet recently.

That place sucks, but might be a better option than back tracking to b-town for NYE.

Man I need some turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
    hey hey. lazy post. what are my weekend options for some inbounds fake uphill schuss? utah wants to get at least two: that's TWO turns this weekend. is the kitty open for service, or do they have a different early-season policy?
    No uphill allowed at Wildcat until Polecat trail is open T2B. Upper opens tomorrow and middle shouldn't be too far off. Or lower for that matter. Sunday may not be a favorable ski day in general.

Booked a scary looking hotel in Montpelier for NYE-ish and planning to take Grom1 to Sugarbush and maybe MRG if Ullr allows. Please provide a mailing address for Ullr's sacrificial virgins (although I heard all the virgins ski at Killington).

Quote Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
    No uphill allowed at Wildcat until Polecat trail is open T2B. Upper opens tomorrow and middle shouldn't be too far off. Or lower for that matter. Sunday may not be a favorable ski day in general.
    Thanks mister mister. Maybe the River is in play?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    PM Greg from AlpineZone..he has all the info on KMart and the hot jerzey ladies.
    It's "Jersey babes" as I recall
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
    Thanks mister mister. Maybe the River is in play?
    Yes that's a good call. Not sure what their policy is, but they've always been cool with people skinning before policies were ever a thing. I don't have to tell you this but just stick way to the side and be discreet. Nod and smile.

Does anyone else feel like a ghost from TGR past is systematically trying to poop-up all east coast stoke and convo? Ah well, the internet, what can you do.

Still no board under my feet this season, soon though. Y'all have fun out there this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Does anyone else feel like a ghost from TGR past is systematically trying to poop-up all east coast stoke and convo? Ah well, the internet, what can you do.

Still no board under my feet this season, soon though. Y'all have fun out there this weekend.
    Dude...was at the big K today. Cold, windy and in the clouds but 3.5" of real snow made it seem sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Dude...was at the big K today. Cold, windy and in the clouds but 3.5" of real snow made it seem sweet.
    [teeth grinding] I had to teach all day [\teeth grinding].

Soon though. I’m up Wed-Fri for turns and Sun for Mikaela and the rest of the bad-asses.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    [teeth grinding] I had to teach all day [\teeth grinding].

Soon though. I’m up Wed-Fri for turns and Sun for Mikaela and the rest of the bad-asses.
    Livi'n the life.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Solid.

Totally solid.
    Downdraft Headwall? Nice.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Where the hell do you put the hot sauce

Talk about pegging the stoke meter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Livi'n the life.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by Abol98 View Post
    Booked a scary looking hotel in Montpelier.
    If it’s the Econo lodge, your family better be up to date on all their Hep shots.

I'm off to the Big K today to start my first East Coast season in a few years. I'm expecting nothing short of classic early season Killington.

Left gully could be skiable by Monday. With 10" in the past few days coming in on favorable winds with another good shot thru Monday.....

The pics above were on Cascade Headwall and Ridge Run.

Paging Spanky. What happened to KZone?

Cool First Tour day of the season.

Vermont is ride-able right now. Boltron has 3-6 of crusty/fluffy coverage. Can make turns outside of the snowgun blast zone without hitting rocks and destroying ye old bases.

Touring season has begun!

More stoke from Jiminy today. Only about 20 people skiing this AM in near-corn conditions in the light rain. I got these skis for my boy - Salomon X-Drive 8.0. He's lovin' them.

Interesting conversation taking place regarding future management plan for Camel's Hump. I believe the first public forum was sometime last week.
    http://digital.vpr.net/post/plan-cam...bears#stream/0

Burlington Free Press did a little different spin on the story in yesterday's print. Their version points some fingers at backcountry skiing community. I didn't post it because it requires a subscription (crooks).

VPR seems to put backcountry sports enthusiasts across the table from more traditional sportsmen and the forest products industry. Most interesting to me is that this is all state land.

I like that Camel's Hump lacks roads and weather stations and whatever and don't think it should be overly reshaped to fit human desires. On the other hand, if a main argument against cutting glades is to boost regeneration and future harvest plans for the forest products industry, well that stinks too.

The logging aspect of that article is a bit concerning, but not sure what the effects would be. Not sure how a forest "stagnates" without logging.
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

The Bush was cold and firm this morning. 1 trail got old quick but the season has begun!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums