Page 44 of 214 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 5329
    I’m a little bummed I can’t ski today but DaveVT’s snark will get me through the day,

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Stowe’s not icy, but firm.
    Still not crowded though.
    Cold temp might scared off holiday crowd.

On my way to Sugarbush... guess we'll find out Grom No. 2's low-temp rating. Thinking about packing one of my spare puffys in a backpack to put on her just for the lift. (In which case she'll probably get stuck, so look for us on the news.)

EAST COAST ROLL CALL - Turn it up to 11

Smuggs update. Firm, ice bars, and COLD....but plenty o’fun!

Looks like a mirror image of Nutmegs photo!
    Last edited by smartyiak; 12-27-2017 at 05:50 PM.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3472.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	273.3 KB 
ID:	219827

Chowdah rounding into form.

Whoa. Shit just got very stalker weird in here. The skiing is so good right now, why are people sniping? Save it for mud season, it’s soup season g-ddamn it!

Anyone else catch this last night?
    http://time.com/5080205/meteor-new-england-northeast/

I was telling my coworkers about it this morning, pretty crazy it was visible over such a huge distance.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

I was telling my coworkers about it this morning, pretty crazy it was visible over such a huge distance.
    Didn't see it as it was a bit cloudy here in the nek. We did hear it though. Loud sonic boom.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using TGR Forums mobile app
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quick hit today, an hour from the house. Nabbed three runs for a little over 1800 feet of EYT vert. The first two were scratchless but the third made up for it

1)TriskaForTopia - the thirteen turns section was okay but the low end of the steep section was blocked by fallen trees.
    Ripped turns in the dust on breakable crust. TFT has few rocks, missed them all

Didn't finish the first one because I didn't like all the snow snakes and because I saw Coyote tracks traversing up to where I could easily reach the top of the next one. When in doubt, I follow tracks of folks who loook like they know where they are going. So far (in 50 years of wandering) it has worked out.

2) This one swings like Bob Wills band. Looks like I nabbed the first full length run this season.
    The orange sign asks that folks uptrack to the left, next to the stone wall. Not my sign but it's a real good plan; Powder Preservation Society approved

3) no pix, too busy fending off rock sharks!
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Whoa. Shit just got very stalker weird in here. The skiing is so good right now, why are people sniping? Save it for mud season, it’s soup season g-ddamn it!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	December2017A.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	244.6 KB 
ID:	219863

And sunset season.

^ whhhooooooaaaaa maaaaaan
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    DaveNJ was just venting because it was too cold for his flatlander Jersey skin to get laps this morning before his job as prep cook making soup for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    DaveNJ was just venting because it was too cold for his flatlander Jersey skin to get laps this morning before his job as prep cook making soup for people.

Left over Christmas ham, cheese, and potato soup. Nice and warm for a cold night.

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

Believe it or not, I did! On my way home from work. Just got off exit 5, I-91. Driving down to RT 5, I saw it, clear as day as it passed over Fall Mountain. It was about 5:50ish. So freaking cool!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Stowe was cold and firm.

Alchemist was good time.

Sugarbush tomorrow!

Wow! Vail really screwed Stowe, an empty Gondi on a holiday week, and doubles on the quad��. Nice job nutmeg.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post

Left over Christmas ham, cheese, and potato soup. Nice and warm for a cold night.

That appears to be a very fine soup. I approve of this message.

It's been quiet all over VT for skiing. It's kinda cold and whatnot. So yeah it's not busy, but we are killing it in softgoods, hardgoods and service. Rentals are dead, fine by me. If you really think Vail hasn't fucked that place. Just wait, guy. It's coming and it's gonna be ugly.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Stellar gettaway moves!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    It's been quiet all over VT for skiing. It's kinda cold and whatnot. So yeah it's not busy, but we are killing it in softgoods, hardgoods and service. Rentals are dead, fine by me. If you really think Vail hasn't fucked that place. Just wait, guy. It's coming and it's gonna be ugly.
    Only time will tell! neither for nor against, but the purchase helped reduce the cost for season passes at a few areas.

Took my 10yo to hike the thunderbolt today. Conditions were mostly really good. It seems maybe 5 people skied it so far and anything skied was a bit crusty, but there was so much untracked pow and was as good as it gets. This kid amazes me I have never heard the words "I'm cold" ever. At the end we spent a little time in the old ski area and that was really fun low angle 6" on a firm base. Great day, so much fun.

Sent from my XT1585 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lotsarocks View Post
    Took my 10yo to hike the thunderbolt today. Conditions were mostly really good. It seems maybe 5 people skied it so far and anything skied was a bit crusty, but there was so much untracked pow and was as good as it gets. This kid amazes me I have never heard the words "I'm cold" ever. At the end we spent a little time in the old ski area and that was really fun low angle 6" on a firm base. Great day, so much fun.

Awesome. Big climb for a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by lotsarocks View Post

Way to go!

Wow, sorry to hear that the NoVT areas are firm. Down here at le Massif du Magique we are still farming pow and cut up soft stuff. Low angle woods are totally in. A few stashes still had untracked today. Cold AF today and tomorrow so crowds are down but snow preservation is primo.
    Name:  Magic 12-26-2017 4.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  94.0 KB
    Skiing is fun! Photo credit to PJ09

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Wow, sorry to hear that the NoVT areas are firm. Down here at le Massif du Magique we are still farming pow and cut up soft stuff. Low angle woods are totally in. A few stashes still had untracked today. Cold AF today and tomorrow so crowds are down but snow preservation is primo.
    Name:  Magic 12-26-2017 4.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  94.0 KB
    Skiing is fun! Photo credit to PJ09
    Nice shot