Page 12 of 214 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    sad to hear the circumstances but a lawsuit against mt snow is a stupid, but not surprising move. Simsbury is the "rural" greenwich of CT, spoiled and entitled white people.

http://www.reformer.com/stories/snow...lawsuit,524847

i somehow doubt he would have wanted her to sue the mtn:

"...was a "phenomenal athlete" who had hiked to the summit of Tuckerman's Ravine in New Hampshire and snowboarded down the ravine on a trip several months before his death, according to his obituary."
    She may not have much of a choice, could be the life insurance suing on her behalf. If she doesn't cooperate, the life insurance can use that to not pay a portion of the benefit. Varies state by state and I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Looks like Rog got banned again. I hadn't seen any posts that were douchey enough to get him re-banned but maybe posting a photo of himself in the douchey Padded Room thread proved that MrMan was indeed Rog which led to his latest ousting from the forum.
    Happy trails Rog, I'm sure you'll be back again in a month or so . Maybe as the alias FarNorthGangster
    Does a Rog banning mark the official start of the new season? Seems to happen each year.

He's the guy you love to hate. LET IT SNOW

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Trees are way overrated. Cut them down, we have way more than we need up here. More glade skiing and more flow MTB, this should be our mandate.
    Ha!

Hey, that's what Jay did and everybody loves Jay. That hill was not a natural glade.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Does a Rog banning mark the official start of the new season? Seems to happen each year.
    Kinda crazy after all the shit that went down on this forum in the last year they are still banning Rog.

Gonna check out MRG around 2:30 and will post some pics after.
    Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.

Quote Originally Posted by ecskier7 View Post
    Gonna check out MRG around 2:30 and will post some pics after.
    I checked it out Saturday, I recommend rock skis and low expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    I think there's truth here and this is where I'd be concerned that our community is getting an improper short end of the stick.

Dave, you also mentioned the tourism component. I just saw that backcountry equipment sales were up 200% last year. I'm not sure if it crossed anyone's mind that if tourism and retail promotes this experience, they should probably be able to accommodate the experience without tourists heading out every which way in search of pow.
    If the state or the feds was really concerned about the impacts of illegal cutting they should go to every resort boundary. I would argue that 98 percent or more of the illegal glading has been done by resort centric folks.

Likewise, the state's own advisor.on S n R says.bc skiers and riders take care of themselves, and hikers and out of bounds lift riders are their main concern.

This entire effort going back to the first VTBCA forum has been predicated on some highly suspect logic and was really a plan hatched by a small group of self appointed experts for personal accolade, or employment, or some other personal agenda.

Sadly, they are more concerned with the Butthurtfakes of the world being served a McGlade experience for the pennies he leaves behind after douching VT.

checking in, nice to see everyone back and getting after it.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

MRG was very good at top, probably around 8-10 inches in spots and then got spotty towards the bottom. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-1.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	216719Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5787.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	369.8 KB 
ID:	216720
    Quote Originally Posted by adria33 View Post
    I ride alone so I don't get held back by dead weights and dead beats. It's not always like that, but I destroy most skiers on the pistes.

^^^ Nice!! I shoulda called in sick and done the same. Oh well.

Snowed pretty hard all day here and we ended up with a solid few inches.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post

This entire effort going back to the first VTBCA forum has been predicated on some highly suspect logic and was really a plan hatched by a small group of self appointed experts for personal accolade, or employment, or some other personal agenda.

VT.
    “Hey pot! kettle calling, just checking in to see if you’re still black?”

Still angry at the boys for blowing up all the spots they neglected to tell you about? You know several of the key figures, let the tough internet bulldog BS go and do something about it.

I do agree that the vast majority of troublesome cutting is generally within a short skin from ski areas. At this point it’s probably not stemming any rouge cutting by opening up state sanctioned glades. However,since the user group is increasing in population and its fun as fuck skiing in the woods and Camels already has a ski area this is probably smart so some dumb ass with a chainsaw from OGE doesn’t decide to go for it.

WTF are you talking about? The part before you agree with me...

6 inches in Richmond village as of quitting time. Straight up champlain powder. Not much help for skiing right now but sure is pretty as shit. Going to get a lap at Bolton in the morning before work if anybody else will be there

Dave, I’m talking about your irrational distrust of any skier organization.

Nah. Just this one. You could list on one hand the self serving individuals who brought this group into being. Small group of self appointed experts bringing change without improvement. VTBC has never needed help. Instead, egos felt like they should line themselves up to take personal and professional credit. Community. Not commodity.

When confronted with the above reality, the self serving social elite turn to personal insult....just like you Boreas. Discredit the messenger, discredit the message. Lame.

Going to interrupt this exchange with some stoke.

Go get it before the warmup, coverage up high is spectacular and depth was better than expected. The natural base is off to a healthy start!

^giddeeup!

^That's a good way to start the day.

Git some !

Sent from my LGMS330 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Great stuff, AB. Just a reminder to everyone to keep it safe during the early season. Lots of snow snakes and other dangers during low tide.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Sadly, they are more concerned with the Butthurtfakes of the world being served a McGlade experience for the pennies he leaves behind after douching VT.
    Wow...

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Great stuff, AB. Just a reminder to everyone to keep it safe during the early season. Lots of snow snakes and other dangers during low tide.
    ditto on this one, I remember last year when there was a pretty significant injury to a young man skiing so remember to use good judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    Going to interrupt this exchange with some stoke.

Go get it before the warmup, coverage up high is spectacular and depth was better than expected. The natural base is off to a healthy start!
    That looks like a fine piece of morning!
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

everyone skiing early season please remember to pack some heat as well, the wolves are still quite active.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi