Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    not that i know of but i got the treatment half price because i have a durable colon and am willing to be colonicized in front of other people for study.
    Is that how you make money?

there is so much shit I don't know about, and never will
    but the rabbit hole can suck you in once you think about things that should not be physically possible
    Like a building collapsing at free fall speed with only office fires
    Name:  building-7-collapse.gif
Views: 243
Size:  783.7 KB

WTC 7 blows my mind
    No amount of 'splaining will make sense to me there.

Vegas? Meh. We will never know for sure, but does any of that really matter in your day to day life?
    There are so many things you will never know "for sure"
    . . .

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    there is so much shit I don't know about, and never will
    but the rabbit hole can suck you in once you think about things that should not be physically possible
    Like a building collapsing at free fall speed with only office fires
    Name:  building-7-collapse.gif
Views: 243
Size:  783.7 KB

WTC 7 blows my mind
    No amount of 'splaining will make sense to me there.

Vegas? Meh. We will never know for sure, but does any of that really matter in your day to day life?
    There are so many things you will never know "for sure"
    Free fall is not a speed. One of these truther geniuses needs to show an example of a building falling at a speed that is inherently different from the "speed" at which buildings fall during buckling failure. Whether you use explosives or a nice warm fire to trigger collapse has no measurable impact on the energy being released as the structure fails because the energy is stored in the building itself. The speed at which the buildings fell does not provide any evidence of anything. The time it took WTC 7 to fall is evidence that its structural insulation lasted as long as it was designed to: long enough to evacuate the building.

other than correcting the difference between acceleration and velocity (my bad) nothing you said makes sense

If a few hours of office fire can collapse a high rise, then no one should ever work in a high rise. That shit is a house of cards!

the point is one of "resistance" e.g. freefall vs. something steel and concreetey getting in the way of gravity
    WTC7 has almost zero resistance, despite tons of steel and concrete in there.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Is that how you make money?
    gosh yes aaron. i took all the discounts AND agreed to sponsorships by certain food, pharma and supplement companies. i shit out little
    logo balls during the colonics. i have a contract pending to have short-term tattoos on my colon to maximize my inflow while using my colonoscopy discount!

rinse, repeat.

other than correcting the difference between acceleration and velocity (my bad) nothing you said makes sense

If a few hours of office fire can collapse a high rise, then no one should ever work in a high rise. That shit is a house of cards!

the point is one of "resistance" e.g. freefall vs. something steel and concreetey getting in the way of gravity
    It might not make sense TO YOU, but it does make sense.
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Maybe you shouldn't work in any buildings. The steel structures all have insulation requirements in order to resist fire for a while before they collapse. They are designed to a minimum, that's the only way they can actually be built for a reasonable cost. One of my engineering professors went to the trouble of explaining how the structure in the basement room we were standing in was only designed to survive for an hour or something given the weight of the two floors above it. (I'm a mechanical and that was in the '90's, so you might seek the exact details elsewhere.)

The reason I said there's no such thing as free fall speed is that the term was invented by some yahoo tying to prove the WTC was brought down by demolition. There is literally no such thing, but it gets used all the time by people who claim to be "architects and engineers." Seeking the truth.

A house of cards is actually a very apt analogy because when a house of cards fails it fails fast--just like anything else that buckles in compression. Take an aluminum can and place it on a flat surface. If you're careful you can stand on it without crushing it. But when it crushes your downward acceleration will closely mimic free fall because the strength of the material when side loaded is so dramatically less.

All that aside, the reason speed doesn't matter is that a building whose structure fails falls at the same speed (encountering the same steel and concrete and overcoming it with the same rapidity thanks to the incredible amount of kinetic energy the falling mass brings to each little impact) whether you start the collapse with a bomb or a fire. In both cases failure starts at the first column to go and transfers very fast to the next one over--at the speed of sound in steel, one might estimate. Or roughly 3.5 miles/second. This is because the structure is all interconnected. The speed is what it is, and would be the same whether Dick Cheney pulled a lever, mounted nanothermite in the planes' cargo holds, or just let the terrorists deliver full fuel loads and then waited for the steel's stiffness to come down far enough to buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't work in any buildings. The steel structures all have insulation requirements in order to resist fire for a while before they collapse. They are designed to a minimum, that's the only way they can actually be built for a reasonable cost. One of my engineering professors went to the trouble of explaining how the structure in the basement room we were standing in was only designed to survive for an hour or something given the weight of the two floors above it. (I'm a mechanical and that was in the '90's, so you might seek the exact details elsewhere.)

The reason I said there's no such thing as free fall speed is that the term was invented by some yahoo tying to prove the WTC was brought down by demolition. There is literally no such thing, but it gets used all the time by people who claim to be "architects and engineers." Seeking the truth.

A house of cards is actually a very apt analogy because when a house of cards fails it fails fast--just like anything else that buckles in compression. Take an aluminum can and place it on a flat surface. If you're careful you can stand on it without crushing it. But when it crushes your downward acceleration will closely mimic free fall because the strength of the material when side loaded is so dramatically less.

All that aside, the reason speed doesn't matter is that a building whose structure fails falls at the same speed (encountering the same steel and concrete and overcoming it with the same rapidity thanks to the incredible amount of kinetic energy the falling mass brings to each little impact) whether you start the collapse with a bomb or a fire. In both cases failure starts at the first column to go and transfers very fast to the next one over--at the speed of sound in steel, one might estimate. Or roughly 3.5 miles/second. This is because the structure is all interconnected. The speed is what it is, and would be the same whether Dick Cheney pulled a lever, mounted nanothermite in the planes' cargo holds, or just let the terrorists deliver full fuel loads and then waited for the steel's stiffness to come down far enough to buckle.
    Thanks for that. Reminds me of the rant my mechanics of materials prof went on when a student asked him about this on the first day of class. It eventually devolved into gujarati and animated hand gestures.
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by flyandski365 View Post
    Thanks for that. Reminds me of the rant my mechanics of materials prof went on when a student asked him about this on the first day of class. It eventually devolved into gujarati and animated hand gestures.
    That's awesome! There's a little part of me that wishes I'd taken these classes post-9/11 just to witness the exasperation I imagine some of these profs must have displayed. On the other hand, I'm sure hearing it after the fact makes it all suspect in certain quarters.

well, that's just, like, your opinion, man....
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If the implication is that Building 7 was wired for controlled demolition that is just remarkably stupid. There were literally tens of thousands of people in that building every day, and even after hours people were around (I used to be in there after hours sometimes in the 90's). And I'm sure that all the people behind the conspiracy to destroy the building and those who carried it out would have been absolutely reliable in keeping their mouths shut. Just idiotic.

Two of the largest buildings in the world had collapsed literally across the street from the Building 7, raining tens of thousands of tons of debris on it. WTF else do you need to know?
    [quote][//quote]

What you meant to say was "Look at all these internet experts."

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    If the implication is that Building 7 was wired for controlled demolition that is just remarkably stupid. There were literally tens of thousands of people in that building every day, and even after hours people were around (I used to be in there after hours sometimes in the 90's). And I'm sure that all the people behind the conspiracy to destroy the building and those who carried it out would have been absolutely reliable in keeping their mouths shut. Just idiotic.

Two of the largest buildings in the world had collapsed literally across the street from the Building 7, raining tens of thousands of tons of debris on it. WTF else do you need to know?
    this^^ conspiracy theorists just talk about coincidences or what could have happened but has anybody ever come forward that seen it or was part of it ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    this^^ conspiracy theorists just talk about coincidences or what could have happened but has anybody ever come forward that seen it or was part of it ?
    No, because such people do not exist.
    [quote][//quote]

7 hours of constant fire. Like an incinerator. There. Done.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

gosh yes aaron. i took all the discounts AND agreed to sponsorships by certain food, pharma and supplement companies. i shit out little
    logo balls during the colonics. i have a contract pending to have short-term tattoos on my colon to maximize my inflow while using my colonoscopy discount!

rinse, repeat.
    How much do you get? I'm thinking about getting into a new line of work.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    He works for me. Super smart network guy. Really cool. Couple of weeks ago he texts me on a Sunday night that he can't believe what he has discovered- the Vegas shootings never happened. It was some sort of government conspiracy. The motive part he seems unsure of, but he is, as he says, 100% convinced that no one died and it was all staged.

I must admit, I'm a little rattled. This guy seems otherwise completely rational. I tried and tried to counter his points, but it just lead to more and more links to videos and bizarre theories. Everything he's showed me, I see absolutely zero evidence of anything he says he sees.

Anyone ever dealt with something like this? I have told him he needs to leave that shit at home and I don't want to hear another thing about it, but I overheard him talking to another guy about it and I can hear the other guy trying to refute him.

It just blows my mind that an otherwise normal guy would believe something so crazy.
    I have dealt with something like this! He worked for me as a cook. Almost every event in history he interprets differently than commonly accepted. He's a good guy and I typically just listen to him and offer whatever feedback I am thinking. Most people are seeing it like you are. I say if he's doing good work let him hold his opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    How much do you get? I'm thinking about getting into a new line of work.
    well as a matter of fact i have an excellent opportunity in my organization for someone as driven as yourself. if you have a sturdy urethra, i may have additional possibilities on top of that.

People don't understand stuff so they make up (consipiracy theories) (religion) to explain it. (Pick one or both). Sometimes the hardest thing for humans to do is to accept that we don't understand and leave it at that. None of us have the vaguest clue what goes on in our wife's mind; you expect to be able to understand what goes on in the mind of an assassin or a mass murderer?

i had no idea bobby was a truther.
    I'm not too surprised, lots of gunfag's are conspiracy nuts.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

They really need to drive home that Galileo and the Orange thing more, I guess.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    People don't understand stuff so they make up (consipiracy theories) (religion) to explain it. (Pick one or both). Sometimes the hardest thing for humans to do is to accept that we don't understand and leave it at that. None of us have the vaguest clue what goes on in our wife's mind; you expect to be able to understand what goes on in the mind of an assassin or a mass murderer?
    A lot of people get going on conspiracy theories due to the discomfort they feel that things are out of their control:
    Although conspiracy beliefs can occasionally be based on a rational analysis of the evidence, most of the time they are not. As a species, one of our greatest strengths is our ability to find meaningful patterns in the world around us and to make causal inferences. We sometimes, however, see patterns and causal connections that are not there, especially when we feel that events are beyond our control.
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...racy-theories/

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I'm not too surprised, lots of gunfag's are conspiracy nuts.
    Don't read much do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Oh. Got it.

Yeah. I think that.

I don't think it was a conspiracy, or multiple gunman, or ISIS, or faked.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

It's happening again. Now Trump was a installed by a de facto military coup. Co-worker asserts the military saw the corruption of the deep state and took over to 'drain the swamp'. Trump is just a figurehead. He claims that there is an all-time high of incumbent politicians not running for the next term- and they are not running because they've been told if they run they will be indicted by the swamp draining military overlords.

Also, the Vegas shooter worked for the CIA. And there was a unit of the military that was there that specializes in fake combat scenes. Oh, and some Saudi prince was at the same hotel and this has to do with some sort of botched assassination attempt, but he's not entirely sure how or why.

I just told him politely that I think he's crazy and please don't talk about it anymore. He says I'm a sheep. That Anderson Cooper is CIA and the media is all bought and paid for. Then he sent me a link from this guy's site: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Chossudovsky

It still just boggles my mind. Seriously, WTF? This guy built a 3D printer from scratch in his home, but then this shit? The human mind is a complicated thing...