Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Transferred to the air as heat.
    Gives new meaning to the metaphor of a lightbulb going off in one's head.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Transferred to the air as heat.
    So we are all just full of hot air. Huh...

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    So we are all just full of hot air. Huh...
    Some more than others...

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    @ goldengatestinx

The flaw in all 9/11 conspiracy theories is that it would've taken too many people. A small group might be able to keep a secret, but as that group's size increases the likelihood that all of its members remain quiet decreases. And 9/11 would've taken too many people. So maybe they kill the insiders to protect the story, but now you've got to kill the guys who killed the guys, and so on, and so on....
    Ugh. Terrorisming is hard.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dromontana View Post
    Whatever. The world was built in 6 days. Yahweh rested on the 7th.
    He was on salary and got paid for the full week.

ITT I learned that Beer Drinker, doesn't understand comma use.

...and that goldengatestinx is insane.

Great thread.
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    @ goldengatestinx

The flaw in all 9/11 conspiracy theories is that it would've taken too many people. A small group might be able to keep a secret, but as that group's size increases the likelihood that all of its members remain quiet decreases. And 9/11 would've taken too many people. So maybe they kill the insiders to protect the story, but now you've got to kill the guys who killed the guys, and so on, and so on....
    Exactly. Whistleblowing is now (and was at the time) a hot topic. Think Edward Snowden. 1 guy coming out could be dismissed as a liar, but it wouldn't be just one. Those people, I hope, wouldn't be able to live with the deaths they aided in causing.

The theories are fun to read sometimes though. To the post about vacant floors and loud construction noises, well umm maybe a tenant took a lease? Needed modifications to the space. I don't know how many here have been on large scale construction projects, but I have. It's fucking loud no matter whats being done.

As too the power outages for 2 days. Well totally plausible and any company in either of those bldgs had multiple sites for their data, mostly in NJ. With the heads up notice it would've been just fine from a biz perspective. Annoying? Sure. Fishy? Not really, least not to me.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Or could it?...

Many of us can’t believe explosives were placed in the World Trade Center because it would be impossible to “sneak” them in with so many people watching.

This assumes a lot of things. First, it assumes that people are paying attention when “work” is going on in the Trade Center. Secondly, and more importantly, it assumes that even if people raise questions that someone is going to listen to them.

Scott Forbes, who was a senior database administrator for Fiduciary Trust, located on the 97th floor of the South Tower received a remarkable notice three weeks before the 9/11 attacks. The Port Authority of New York informed his company that there would be a “power down” on the weekend of Sept. 8 and 9, 2001. This would mean that all power would be off in the top half of the south tower for most of the weekend.

Forbes has called this unprecedented, because to have a data centre lose power for two days requires major preparations and disruption. He reports that as part of the power down, all security cameras and security door locks were non-operational for about 36 hours.

“Remember there were no security locks on doors or security cameras, so access was free unless a door was locked by a manual key. Seeing so many ‘strangers’ who didn’t work at the WTC was unusual,” Forbes said.

The work was claimed to be part of an upgrade to the Internet service in the building. No one has explained why this work required a complete cutting of electricity.

“There were guys in work clothes with huge tool boxes and reels of cable walking around the building that weekend,” he said.

There had also been a heightened security level at the towers for two weeks because of several alleged phone threats. The extra security, which included bomb-sniffing dogs, was removed on Sept. 6.

Forbes wrote to the Port Authority and to the 9/11 Commission to bring his suspicions about the power down to their attention. He never received any acknowledgement of his letters, and no mention of any of this made it into the 9/11 Commission Report.

It might be useful to point out to those who aren’t aware of it that the company that had the contract to provide security for the World Trade Center, United Airlines and Dulles International Airport at the time was called Securicom (now Stratesec). One of the directors of the company from 1993-2000 was George W. Bush’s younger brother, Marvin Bush. The CEO of the company from 1999-2002 was the Bush brothers’ cousin, Wirt D. Walker III.

Between 1996 and 2000, Securicom installed a new security system in the World Trade Center. Unfortunately, the details of what work they did were destroyed along with the towers on 9/11.

After Marvin Bush left Securicom in 2000, he became a director of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. (until 2002), which was one of the companies insuring the World Trade Center. Small world, eh?

If the power down was the only suspicious work being done in the towers, you might be inclined to discount it. But it wasn’t. In 2001, there were many vacancies in the towers; there were even entire floors that were empty. Long-time Trade Center employee William Rodriguez, who has talked about hearing massive explosions in the lower part of the towers on 9/11, also says that he heard major work being done on some vacant floors.

He describes loud banging, what sounded like heavy metal dumpsters being moved around, and lots of dust over everything. And it was all very secret. He says that in at least one case, the suspicious work was being done on a floor where the elevator didn’t even stop.

Financial analyst Ben Fountain of Firemen’s Trust has also described odd work being done in the towers. He says his company, Aon Corporation, was evacuated numerous times from their offices in the upper floors of the South Tower. They were also moved from one floor to another.

Fountain reported hearing loud noises on nearby floors, including the sounds of pneumatic drills. He also says there was a great deal of fine white dust all over everything.

Does any of this prove explosives were placed in the towers beyond a shadow of a doubt? No. But it’s part of the puzzle. And there are only so many incredible coincidences that one can swallow as being coincidences. When you add this to the enormous amount of evidence that only explosives could have brought the towers down the way they fell, the conclusion becomes inescapable.
    yeah amounts to one page ^^ of FUD, just conspiracy theory of what could have happened

I don't even think the nut jobs who confess to crimes have bothered to confess to bombing WTT
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    You and others seem like great people.

That's why I like reading posts here.

I actually just got off the phone with a Mag. SO I guess I lied a little.
    Prospective client?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I don't even think the nut jobs who confess to crimes have bothered to confess to bombing WTT
    Now That is what I call suspicious. Where's the Truthers on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Prospective client?

I love that scene.

Why else would I be here? I'm poaching rich skier types.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

These threads are great... mainly for identifying the batshit-crazy people.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    ....the conspiracy believer who often thinks he has all the answers.
    When you add this to the enormous amount of evidence that only explosives could have brought the towers down the way they fell, the conclusion becomes inescapable.
    Right on cue. Bravo sir!

Now, about those planes...

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    I love that scene.

Why else would I be here? I'm poaching rich skier types.
    place is full of dentists eh?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I luv how the TGRnoitalls can freely criticize those who think or believe differently than they do.

Strong is your fail.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Now, about those planes...
    Redundancy, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by DIYSteve View Post
    Right, there are cultural Christians who buy into churchgoing as a matter of community but don't believe all the hocus pocus Christian myth. Some believe all the dogma they are fed. Some of them are rational non-believers who identify as Christian purely as a matter of culture and/or community. Most are somewhere in between, believing bits and pieces of the Christian myth and eschewing the balance. And all of this is confounded by the wide variety of overlapping myth systems among various Christian sects.

Beerdrinker, the inanity of your failure to grasp the concept that believers pick and choose those myths in which they believe is exceeded only by your woeful comma placements.
    Cafeteria Catholic!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Or could it?...

Many of us can’t believe explosives were placed in the World Trade Center because it would be impossible to “sneak” them in with so many people watching.

This assumes a lot of things. First, it assumes that people are paying attention when “work” is going on in the Trade Center. Secondly, and more importantly, it assumes that even if people raise questions that someone is going to listen to them.

Scott Forbes, who was a senior database administrator for Fiduciary Trust, located on the 97th floor of the South Tower received a remarkable notice three weeks before the 9/11 attacks. The Port Authority of New York informed his company that there would be a “power down” on the weekend of Sept. 8 and 9, 2001. This would mean that all power would be off in the top half of the south tower for most of the weekend.

Forbes has called this unprecedented, because to have a data centre lose power for two days requires major preparations and disruption. He reports that as part of the power down, all security cameras and security door locks were non-operational for about 36 hours.

“Remember there were no security locks on doors or security cameras, so access was free unless a door was locked by a manual key. Seeing so many ‘strangers’ who didn’t work at the WTC was unusual,” Forbes said.

The work was claimed to be part of an upgrade to the Internet service in the building. No one has explained why this work required a complete cutting of electricity.

“There were guys in work clothes with huge tool boxes and reels of cable walking around the building that weekend,” he said.

There had also been a heightened security level at the towers for two weeks because of several alleged phone threats. The extra security, which included bomb-sniffing dogs, was removed on Sept. 6.

Forbes wrote to the Port Authority and to the 9/11 Commission to bring his suspicions about the power down to their attention. He never received any acknowledgement of his letters, and no mention of any of this made it into the 9/11 Commission Report.

It might be useful to point out to those who aren’t aware of it that the company that had the contract to provide security for the World Trade Center, United Airlines and Dulles International Airport at the time was called Securicom (now Stratesec). One of the directors of the company from 1993-2000 was George W. Bush’s younger brother, Marvin Bush. The CEO of the company from 1999-2002 was the Bush brothers’ cousin, Wirt D. Walker III.

Between 1996 and 2000, Securicom installed a new security system in the World Trade Center. Unfortunately, the details of what work they did were destroyed along with the towers on 9/11.

After Marvin Bush left Securicom in 2000, he became a director of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. (until 2002), which was one of the companies insuring the World Trade Center. Small world, eh?

If the power down was the only suspicious work being done in the towers, you might be inclined to discount it. But it wasn’t. In 2001, there were many vacancies in the towers; there were even entire floors that were empty. Long-time Trade Center employee William Rodriguez, who has talked about hearing massive explosions in the lower part of the towers on 9/11, also says that he heard major work being done on some vacant floors.

He describes loud banging, what sounded like heavy metal dumpsters being moved around, and lots of dust over everything. And it was all very secret. He says that in at least one case, the suspicious work was being done on a floor where the elevator didn’t even stop.

Financial analyst Ben Fountain of Firemen’s Trust has also described odd work being done in the towers. He says his company, Aon Corporation, was evacuated numerous times from their offices in the upper floors of the South Tower. They were also moved from one floor to another.

Fountain reported hearing loud noises on nearby floors, including the sounds of pneumatic drills. He also says there was a great deal of fine white dust all over everything.

Does any of this prove explosives were placed in the towers beyond a shadow of a doubt? No. But it’s part of the puzzle. And there are only so many incredible coincidences that one can swallow as being coincidences. When you add this to the enormous amount of evidence that only explosives could have brought the towers down the way they fell, the conclusion becomes inescapable.
    Have you seen "The man who knew"?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Ironic title.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromontana View Post
    I love this place. You make me, happy.

Name:  tropic-thunder-robert-downey-jr.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  62.2 KB
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by flyandski365 View Post
    Name:  tropic-thunder-robert-downey-jr.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  62.2 KB
    I don't know how he didn't win an oscar for that.

Never heard of 'The Man Who Knew'. Sounds interesting. Also interesting is the fat that 'Ace' Elevators was contracted to update the World Trade Center elevators. A small company. Never had another client. And was contracted not too long before 9/11. For the largest elevator upgrade contract in history.

Name:  66825db154ed2c3a4609c10a7e1c27a59c96f4cbce3c5ee74322d2f08689152d.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  64.8 KB
    -Aldo Leopold

Also interesting is the fat that 'Ace' Elevators was contracted to update the World Trade Center elevators. A small company. Never had another client. And was contracted not too long before 9/11. For the largest elevator upgrade contract in history.
    fact?

Link please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Lots of otherwise rational, high-functioning people think all kinds of crazy shit. I wouldn't give it another thought.
    The importance of rational thought in human beliefs and decision-making is grossly overestimated (see Kahneman).